Update: Latest Build

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by garat, January 15, 2014.

1. bugalugsmcscruffin

bugalugsmcscruffin New Member

I see what you did there. Are you a fan of SC2 or is it not a real RTS? :p
  2. iceDrop

iceDrop Active Member

Total cop out. easy solution. Hang your head in shame, mate. The solution for any professional is to improve it. Rollbacks are for puss....
  3. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

If it's not broke, don't fix it.
    iceDrop likes this.
  4. iceDrop

iceDrop Active Member

Sigh. No harm meant at all. Is there some emoticon for ::I respect you , and damn I just thought I'd try to be cute or some nonsense::
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  5. stormingkiwi

Just assume with any post I make I am licking my cheek ferociously, fairly convinced that I am utterly correct and will happily argue that the sky has always been green before admitting I'm wrong (unless I've got the numbers wrong), or I'm actually right.

Also, here is the emoticon:
    upload_2014-1-16_21-50-25.png
  6. carlorizzante

carlorizzante Post Master General

Mmh... that raises a question.

The other night in a session against the AI I could indeed chose to spawn on two different planets. Or perhaps they were planet and moon? Can't remember, but I had the choice.

Which brought me to realize... Even if the build still is 58772, I had the feeling that the game's dynamics, day by day, were changing a little in the past two weeks.

Am I wrong?
  7. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

try to reproduce it and screenshot it.

I think you mean, before hosting a lobby, where you can choose which planet you make spawn planet.
    and sometime there's a bug where the spawn points show up on it's moon (but at the altitude they would be at if the moon was the planet's size.) and if you select them it's just selecting the corresponding duplicate on the spawn planet.
    carlorizzante and miturian like this.
  8. stormingkiwi

The question is, did you ACTUALLY spawn on a different planet to the AI?

Because what happens is you click on the wrong planet's spawn point, and it just gives you a "no you can't spawn there" sound.
    Clopse and carlorizzante like this.
  9. carlorizzante

carlorizzante Post Master General

Ok, I'll check regularly if that will happen again in my AI-matches. I usually don't bother going seeing other planets or moons at the start of the game. That was the first time and I was quite surprised to have the choice.

I sincerely can't remember if it was a moon or an entirely other planet. I choose to spawn on the default planet (where the game opened) anyway, so I can't say if it was a bug or an effective possibility as well.

I'll let you know as soon as I'll encounter that thing again. If I will, of course.

Note, I'm on Mac, build 58772.
  10. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

you didn't have the choice.
    it takes code to implement it, the green spawn zone is just graphics and they can show up anywhere.
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  11. doud

doud Well-Known Member

Hey man,
    I know this is tons of new fresh stuff, but ... but ... but ... but ... The Unit Canon ?????? Don't tell me it has been replaced by teleporters :(
  12. RMJ

RMJ Active Member

Only 75% more fun really, i think you can do a bit better, like say 95% more fun :D

Joking of course lol. Cant wait to play this.
  13. bradburning

bradburning Active Member

I will happily accept the loss of the unicorns, puppy dogs and rainbows aslong as it lives up to the promise of "one of the biggest builds we've done". :)
  14. bradburning

bradburning Active Member

Pretty sure we are getting the unit cannon as well, its probably going to be harder to get that working properly compared to the teleprompter letter lone balancing the thing.
  15. wienerdog4life

wienerdog4life Active Member

They did say that the unit cannon was surprisingly difficult to program for. I don't expect it to be implemented within this month. Shame too, the art for it has been in the files since day one of the alpha if I'm not mistaken.

Off topic: I'm really disheartened that your posts don't contain sick burns for BradNicholson.
    eg: More like Nichole Bradson, am I right? Whoo Hoo!
    husbandinlaw and shootall like this.
  16. BradNicholson

BradNicholson Uber Employee Uber Alumni

Haha. WOW.

So, just to be clear, the Unit Cannon and multiple planet start points won't be making it into this build.
    Arachnis likes this.
  17. elwyn

elwyn Member

So bradnicholson any idea when this build might be ready (this week or maybe next??)
  18. Arachnis

Arachnis Well-Known Member

Likely today, but maybe not. We'll have to see. There are still some bugs that prevented them to ship it out yesterday.

That's ok.
  19. FXelix

FXelix Active Member

I could bet that this Patch comes out when I'm at school or everybody is at work, right? -.-" :p
  20. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

It will be released when I am about to go to sleep.
    That's practically guaranteed.
    tatsujb, stormingkiwi, Raevn and 6 others like this.