Econ Idea for Team Armies and Team Alliances

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by TwistyTie, January 14, 2014.

1. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

your strike a point that backs my argument and that I'll highlight : what would be the difference between the two then? not much.

not to mention I still have no answer to what you think of this being turned against you? as I highlighted above.
    what if at the surprise com rush your com is the first to go out? and even thoughyou managed to take out their best player their team still knows what to do with the coms since a com rush is simple enough, and finish out his original plan?

I provided some possible solutions to combomb with a mere minute of reflection, but your suggestion... I've been going over and over it and I can't see how it helps you with your combomb predicament.
    the way I see it the two are apples and oranges. they cannot be one another's action and reaction. you must have made some sort of bridge in your head deciding they could influence one another, but they can't.
  2. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

If i am out im out ... thats it i cant influence the match anymore
    and so the rest of team are on their own to continue its about which team wins in the end ... and how many players remained ...
    you wont risk to combomb at all if you want to stay in game ... in that case commbombing would be a last resort at best .... at worst players decide to go suicide early to be help to team at the expence of knowing that they are out ...
    however a all commrush would be harder to pull of since you would need all of the team and also have a risk when scouted as in you losing overview and the enemy beeing able
    to attack your base first to weaken you and finishing you of with additional units
    thats how i imagine it at least ...
    Last edited: January 15, 2014
  3. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

For crying out loud.

If you want to play Alliances, play alliances.

Team armies is DIFFERENT to alliances.

There is a fundamental difference in gametype.

Any suggestion that you should turn alliances into armies, or vice versa, just betrays that you don't understand the difference between them.
  4. MrTBSC

I understand VERY MUCH what the difference is between alliance and teamgames ...
  5. stormingkiwi

Team alliance has player kick on commander death.

Team Armies doesn't.

Otherwise they're the same game type.

ESPECIALLY when Uber implement gifting units to your team mates.
  6. MrTBSC

No they are totaly not .....
  7. stormingkiwi

Elaborate
  8. MrTBSC

Teamarmy = only one eco for all
    alliance= each has his own eco
    this alone changes the playstyle
    the uper requires even more communication of what poeple build
    Otherwise one or more screws up everybody
    especialy if you are on different planets

The later merely occassionaly asks hey can you give a bit of x or built me that and change control the risk with screwing with the others eco is not there
    and you dont get that...hey who took my x fabbers or the like
  9. stormingkiwi

Oh The smile on your face
    Lets me know that you need me.

You say it best when you say nothing at all.

Edit : oh lol you updated.

The eco problem is even worse.
    You don't even know when your teammates are being incompetent and crashing their economy, at least you can save them if bad things happen normally.

I would say that communication is a bigger problem. Every one needs to be confident and aware of what their role in the game is.

At least with team armies if someone starts teching when they should be spamming the front line you can put them on the right track immediately.

Course, the stealing people's stuff unnecessarily is just rude, and comes as a part of not knowing whose stuff is whose.
  10. MrTBSC

If you dont mind i would like to continue the discussion on the thread it was intended for
    and also look on my last post again
  11. stormingkiwi

The thread is whether team armies should morph into Alliances. Our posts are utterly on topic.
  12. shotforce13

shotforce13 Well-Known Member

I agree, the idea of sharing units, a base, and econ are fine, but the commander you spawn with should be yours and your alone. I never really liked the idea of someone being able to take your commander. Of course i mean team armys for my post.
  13. tatsujb

there's a game mode coming for it for the last time, just be patient.
    read what you haven't read yet and then read this thread https://forums.uberent.com/threads/...icated-to-comm-player-in-teamarmygames.55655/
    you're a little behind.
  14. shotforce13

As far as the topic goes, i sight should be the only shared item with your allies. Just my opinion.
  15. tatsujb

there. right there that's the problem. You have no idea what game mode you're in there are no allies so far. wake up!

that game mode is coming but it's not here yet.
  16. shotforce13

Im aware of the game mode, ive been here for a great deal of time now (since alpha). My post above, points out that in team alliance games i think sight should be the only thing shared...
  17. shotforce13

And you should calm down and not assume that i have no idea what im talking about, i have just as much right to post here as you.
  18. tatsujb