PA for Android: CONFIRMED!!!1!!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by cwarner7264, January 10, 2014.

1. maxpowerz

maxpowerz Post Master General

Are you using the i5 3317u with 4gb ram?

It's identical spec's to my acer w700 but the surface has wacom stylus input and only 5 point touch.
    (i had a surface and found my stylus to be fairly useless at the edge of the screen, is yours similar).

if i set my desktop to 1280x720 first i get 43fps now with in game res scaling set to -2 (subsamp %50).

By default windows 8 won't let you set you res that low in the screen resolution settings, i goto the advanced settings and set my resolution in the list all modes area :)

1280x720.jpg

and here's in game screen shots of FPS counter :D
    50+ FPS at zoomed out or over land where there is a minimal amount of unit's
    FPS now.png

32-35fps zoomed right in to the action with unit's building :D
    FPS now2.png

mid game FPS zoomed in..
    building lots.png

Desktop @ 1280x720
    And in games setting's
    Virtual texturing : Medium
    Headlights : Medium
    Shadows : Low
    HDR : OFF (On only drops 3-8fps so sometimes i play with it on..)
    AA : OFF
    Resolution : -2
    Last edited: January 11, 2014
  2. maxpowerz

it'll run at 50fps at game start down to about 25fps late game if you set the settings like i explained,
    I have been playing since the alpha on a i5 tablet with 4gb ram and an intel hd 4000 chipset..
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  3. mcodl

mcodl Member

As long as your tablet has a typical x86/x64 architecture nothing prevents you to install PC Linux or Win OS on it and run PA or any other game. But as it has been mentioned the problem is in performance and input. Although UI mod for tablets will possibly pop up later on.
  4. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

you never told me that max..
  5. maxpowerz

I did have it stated in my stickied thread about improving performance in the beta bug's and issues forum but i removed the info/specs about my tablet to make more room for useful information.
  6. ainslie

ainslie Member

I didn't feel like the specs were that much higher on the Pro 2. Glad to know it'll run. Do you think that we'll see touch enabled controls in the (possibly far) future? :D
  7. maxpowerz

Touch controls already work..
    All that is needed is a nice touchscreen UI for grouping units, rotating the planet easily, and something to make keyboardless play possible (on screen toggleable shift key for queing builds)..

At the moment tapping is left click at location of tap.
    Tap and hold for right click.
    2 finger pinch for zoom,, zooming will zoom to the location your fingers start at.
  8. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

now launch!