Gameplay, Units & Balance

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by scathis, January 9, 2014.

1. agentblaukrauzz

agentblaukrauzz New Member

Waht is with the Unit Cannon?

:D
  2. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

LavaSnake, shootall and Clopse like this.
  3. enderdude

enderdude Member

the devs said the unit cannon would take some work because its very difficult to turn two units into one and then back to two.
  4. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

There is a customizable listing player mod for the Alerts ingame. You select the action (attack ready or destroyed) and the unit (the whole roster).

That list being in the pregame lobby for allowed units, would be the big ticket.

This news in general is very exciting indeed! Probably a lot of work in the making, but when the devs give ideas it is the biggest sign of it becoming eventual reality.
  5. bluestrike01

bluestrike01 Active Member

Not directly related to unit balance but going to post it here anyway :)
    About orbital, I find it hard to manage orbital units, a 'hide planet units' toggle button for orbital view would help :)
    Travel time is also an issue on many games I played making things drag on for far too long as should be.

Teleports: I am a bit woried you can' t get a foothold on a planet to build one especially near endgame so perhaps be able to pick it up with a orbital lander? ;) or a orbital unit thats needs to be deployed.
  6. FXelix

FXelix Active Member

Probably when? About? I don't want to miss the stream :'( :D
  7. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

garat streaming now
  8. FXelix

FXelix Active Member

And nice tread by the way. The call was getting bigger from the community for more patches/information!
    Thanks a lot from me too. :)
  9. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

Eh, it's actually been rather quiet over the past month all things considered. There are one or two 'hot button' topics that do the rounds, but other than that the Community (on the whole) has been remarkably mature and patient. You should have seen it 3 months ago.

And now that I've done you all the great service of jinxing it I'll run along and await the patch like the rest of you; foaming at the mouth and cursing the space-time continuum for only going by a second at a time.
    ;)
  10. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Might sound like a jerk, but I love corresponding on this, and info streams are a never-miss for me, but game streams go behind priority for Fall of Cybertron right now. Then, I have to go housesit for my older brother while he goes to Alaska. I always manage to keep in touch here, but I guess I will get to experience "the change" in a week if it has already came. (yes, my bro's house is void of internet, imagine that in this day and age)
  11. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Keep in mind Uber was closed for the last half-ish of December.
    stormingkiwi and LavaSnake like this.
  12. neutrino

I'm really really happy to have Scathis working on some of this stuff. I've always leaned on him for this stuff and I think the game is going to get a lot better quickly with him leading up the finalization of the unit roster and the rebalance.
  13. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

What a awesome end to that stream!
  14. arthursalim

arthursalim Active Member

That was an awesome match dude!
  15. Clopse

Yeah me too, sounds like he knows what he's doing. :D
  16. neutrino

Keep in mind Scathis is our creative director and has a lot of game design experience (certainly more than me I'm primarily a tech guy). He was the lead content engineer on SupCom and FA. He and o also came up with Demigod. Not to mention MNC/SMNC. He also worked at Westwood on Generals as well as BFME. Plus he can actually code ;)
  17. Clopse

Deadly, I wasn't implying the previous guy didnt know what he was doing by the way. :D
  18. KennyBall

KennyBall New Member

I really miss the Free-cam :( why is that gone? I used to play with "tilted" view to see planets and the sun in backround... Or has just the keys been changed? I can not customize that in control settings.
  19. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

It's the same guy, me.

I have been working on our other game Toy Rush, but now I'm spending my extra time helping out on PA with unit roster, basic unit gameplay, and balance.

Sooner or later I'll get back to a 40 hour work week. :p
  20. iron420

iron420 Well-Known Member

Goddamn! I cannot express how much I loved that company and that game series!
    thetrophysystem likes this.