[REL] [CMM] Hotbuild2 v1.51 [113578]

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by proeleert, December 8, 2013.

1. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

yes sir :)
    Fixed
    Last edited: December 22, 2013
  2. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

Argh lost my keybindswhen I updated!! Got most of them back via community defaults but is this going to happen everytime?
  3. proeleert

No last time :)
    zaphodx likes this.
  4. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

Hey - I would like to change the cool down time please :)

I.e. make it so that the mod is harsher on the player in terms of repeated clicks. I keep building metal storage, power storage or walls instead of mex, p-gens or missile towers.
  5. Tontow

Tontow Active Member

Any chance to be able to display the keys to build a unit or building on the Icon bar at the bottom of the screen?

Maybe even do tool-tips?

Would be very useful for people just learning the key combos.
    Clopse likes this.
  6. proeleert

Yes that should be possible I guess...
    Will check this week.
  7. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Beat me to it. Was only thinking that this would be a great mod.
  8. proeleert

Small update : fixed bug when you use arrow keys to move between hotbuild selection in settings didn't update the thingie below :)
  9. proeleert

Trying to simplify the Settings UI

Tripax's idea :
    unnamed.png

Any more ideas ?
    iceDrop and stormingkiwi like this.
  10. Tripax

Tripax Member

11. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

Don't forget that recon is a category. I.e. radar is recon, not defence.
  12. iceDrop

iceDrop Active Member

I like the keyboard section; great notion.
    Perhaps a single toggle near there that separates the unit production out of the ordered lists. There's no order associated with the units since only one of each type can be bound per factory. So a toggle for structures vs units might alter the bottom-most section of the UI from the current ordered list which is great for structures, to instead depict each [unit-producing] factory type on one side and a single unit type on the other side.

I acknowledge there are some likely complexities in attempting to handhold users into always-valid unit selections, but I'm not sure how fail-safe it really needs to be (initially, anyway). Especially since you have the 'reset to defaults' feature implemented already.

If that's too far, perhaps some color coding or other differentiation btw units and structures in the existing lists?
  13. proeleert

Yeah good ideas !
  14. proeleert

Keyboard Section on top

upload_2014-1-7_22-12-8.png

Gonna be cool :)

Gray is hotbuild keybind
    Green is uber keybind
    Red border = can't assign anything (ex: wasd movement)

Almost working :)

For the daring attached new version there could be bugs.
    Old Bindings are still preserved.
    Last edited: January 7, 2014
  15. iceDrop

iceDrop Active Member

I've spent a few hours just now on refining my hot build selections - in particular the units, so that I can better make use of that aspect of the mod . I'm mostly happy with its current state, enough to even propose these as an updated "WASD community defaults". Anyone who wants to try them out can cut and paste the contents of the attached file, overwriting the appropriate existing section inside the hotbuild2/settings/hotbuild_settings.js file. Since that's unlikely to get too many takers, I've also composed a fairly detailed changelog:

Change log for this proposed Community Defaults [WASD] update:

- Extensive additions/modifications to unit build keys. Too many to list. (aw hell, guess I did it anyway). The scheme should start to get obvious though:
    • [e] Build fabbers. [same key as MEX] Fab Sub is only exception; moved that to [z]
    • [r] Build scouts. [same key as Energy] Added Sun Fish for naval. For Orbital, there is no scout and this builds the Solar Array instead, mapping to Energy
    • [f] Build fighters. [same key as land factories] Moved Air fighters to here. And Avengers too.
    • [v] Build mobile artillery. [same key as fixed artillery] Moved Bombers to here. Think of them as Air delivered Artillery. Added Mining Laser too, as that seemed most like moveable Orbital Artillery. Note that Bluebottles build for both [f] and [v] for now. Eventually the attack subs may take over the sea “fighter” role; but for now, Bluebottles get both slots (I see most players use them this way).
    • [c] Build Anti-air. [same key as Missile Def Towers] basic bots/vehicle/naval build these. for other factories, nothing
    • [g] This is where the attack subs landed (both basic and adv). Don’t see them used much. Also stuck the Astraeus here, as the key is reachable but out of the way enough too. Open to change this.

- No removals of existing structure build keys. (but one precedence change)
    - Several additions to structure build keys:
    • [f] Adv Bot and Adv Land Factories additionally cycle with Basic Bot and Land Factories. NOTE: Adv are prioritized first - this is the only instance of structure precedence change in this update.
    • [t] added Adv Sonar, Sonar, and Deepspace Radar to the existing Adv Radar + Radar key. This is nicely overloaded since naval fabbers build sonar but not radar and other fabbers do opposite)
    • [c] added Adv Torpedo, Torpedo, Jellyfish (sea mine), Umbrella to the existing Missle Def Tower + Wall key. Similar well overloaded except one unique case: the Fab Ship builds many land based structures, so there’s a bit extra attention to be paid when building with it (not the case with the Fab Sub though).
    • [v] Cataplut now available with other artillery (fixed typo)
    • [z] Added Nuke, Anti-Nuke to the existing Storage(s) key. It’s a weak connection, but I think of this as the de-facto “I just realized I’m about to float a ton of mid-to-late game eco” button.

Attached Files:

16. proeleert

If everyone agrees I'll change the wasd defaults with your suggestions in next version.
    I'll plan to release 1.9.7 with on screen keyboard tonight GMT+1
    iceDrop likes this.
  17. proeleert

Next version is for tomorrow.
    Tripax is prettying up the colors.
    Icedrop I added some of your defaults but not all, I'll see on adding a dropdown maybe with more defaults.
  18. iceDrop

iceDrop Active Member

Great. Was hoping some of that would seem useful, and figured that not all of it would. I've reversed one of those changes myself now too, after playing a handful more games. Setting the Adv land factories ranked higher than Basic land factories just doesn't work out so well when I'm trying to spam Ants, so I've moved them down in priority.

I also figure some folks might not want everything to be build-able via hotkey, but got so close that I finished it out. Except for the Halley; I totally forgot that one.
  19. proeleert

Yeah the Adv before basic I didn't copy.
    Also moved Pelters before Cata and Holkins, cause Pelters are used more.
    Moved the nuke and anti nuke to the storage key.
  20. proeleert

Somebody up for testing ?