Use the In-Game Community Mods - Original PA Mod Manager (PAMM) is Obsolete

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by Raevn, August 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Version 3.0.4 released, just some small bugfixes. PAMM will prompt to update next time it is run.
    • Bugfix: Default Steam directory fixed
    • Bugfix: Removed debug prompt
    Quitch likes this.
  2. sebs303

sebs303 New Member

Works nicely on mac now
  3. sirbostontbagparty

sirbostontbagparty Member

How did you get it to work on OS X?
  4. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

5. ultama121

ultama121 New Member

Can you put a link in the OP leading to the Mac/Linux version's thread? It's just a thread below, so its pretty redundant, but I notice that mod release threads tend to link only to this thread, so putting a link in the OP would be nice for convenience's sake.
    Raevn likes this.
  6. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I have the feeling that the manager rewrites modinfo.json files of mods.
    It even replaced it with an old version at one point.
    Why would it ever rewrite those files?
    cptconundrum likes this.
  7. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

the enable property is in modinfo.json
    pamm changes it to true or false
  8. cola_colin

ah.
    Well that's a property out of place I would say. The mod definition itself should not know it's own enable/disable state imho.
    cptconundrum likes this.
  9. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

It's a uber property not pamm specific.
  10. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Yeah, and one which they may or may not use, they weren't sure yet. (See o). So there is not way around it at the moment. Strange that it overwrites with an old version though. That should only happen if you change the modinfo.json while pamm is running. At least if raevn's version works like mine internally. :)
    You are right. There is not really any point in having an enabled field, since all the mods need to be listed in mods.json anyway to be loaded by PA. Although, one can specify "*" in there and it will load all the mods it finds, but that seems unnecessary too when using a mod manager anyway.
  11. cola_colin

That's exactly what happened to me while changing a modinfo for a new mod.
    cptconundrum likes this.
  12. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

PAMM reads in all the modinfo.json data and stores it internally then uses that to re-write the json files (from memory, it only writes them if it needs to, such as when a mod is toggle on/off), so it won't pick up any changes made while PAMM is open.
  13. drummerskillz

drummerskillz New Member

Hi, I've read through this entire thread and I cannot seem to figure out how to simple run the installer for the mod manager. I've changed compatibility settings to try to run the installer and I've also changed my security settings to allow all downloads. Every time I try to download the file, it give a message that the file is not where it is supposed to be, or if it does download, the app does not work on my computer. I am using Windows 8.1 and have tried so many different things. I will post the pictures of the different error messages that are occurring! Also, I am using a Steam version of PA. Thank you so much!

Update: I've figured this out. Norton was blocking the download and I didn't see it scanning it before hand.
    Last edited: January 15, 2014
  14. lapsedpacifist

lapsedpacifist Post Master General

Just thought I'd drop in and say thanks to raevn for setting this up. It's a life saver for those of us who can't operate a computer beyond clicking on icons :)
    You've improved my PA experience 10x through some of these mods, cheers!
    LavaSnake likes this.
  15. pokemane

pokemane New Member

Didn't see any github or bug report link, so I've got a couple things I'd like to talk about.
    First, when PAMM shows that a mod needs updated and you click the "update mod" button, dependencies screw up pretty bad. For instance, if Settings Manager updates and I have mods installed that depend on Settings Manager, I have to reinstall all of those mods, in order of dependence (e.g. floatframe->floatUI) after reinstalling or updating Settings Manager. Which brings me to... Ignore me, I think. I couldn't see the check marks very well. Even so, kind of annoying :p

The "reinstall" option could be available in the "installed mods" tab and not just the "available mods" tab. Would make it a whole lot easier to reinstall because of dependency issues like I said above.

Would it be possible if, when you needed to reinstall/update a mod that other mods depend on, PAMM could reinstall down the dependency tree? Does the mod installation work like that, or should they be independent of reinstallation of another mod that they depend on?

Yep nevermind I think, I guess it was me overlooking/not finding the check marks beside some mods that made me think that. Carry on.
    Last edited: January 16, 2014
  16. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

You only need to re-enable mods, you don't need to re-install them. Just click on the tickbox/mod to enable/disable it.
    The reason this happens is because updating first uninstalls the old mod (and therefore disables anythind dependent on it).
  17. matizpl

matizpl Well-Known Member

Hello im receiving 3 bug messages once i open PAMM, could anyone help me?
    1st is Network Error: attempting to send request to http:/pamods.github.io/news.html?r=0.3844714858026684 - Downloading of content wasn't successfull

2nd is
    Network Error: attempting to send request to http:/pamods.github.io/news.html?r=0.5280286301008937 - Downloading of content wasn't successfull

3rd is
    Network Error: attempting to send request to http:/pamods.github.io/news.html?r=0.6582774069616268 - Downloading of content wasn't successfull
    I can't install any new mods and i can't see the list of available ones. I reinstalled pamm and it didnt work either
  18. cola_colin

Can you open those links in the browser?
    Do you have any kind of firewall that might block github?
    cptconundrum likes this.
  19. matizpl

matizpl Well-Known Member

Yes i can open them in browser and they are all the same - they contain notes about mods. My Anti-virus is out of date so i dont think it works (just recently went so). Also it worked before and i didnt change any settings so i dont think firewall is blocking
  20. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Installer still doesn't detect Steam directory.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.