Worse than Supreme Commander 2 in every way?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by plasmafired, January 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arachnis

Arachnis Well-Known Member

Repeating your point doesn't make it right. Argumentum ad nauseam was never a good way to lead a discussion.

Edit: what you're implying is that I could basically call this a rollercoaster instead of a PC-game and people couldn't object, because it's just semantics.

Some terms just have their accepted meanings, like beta usually means feature-complete.
    Last edited: January 6, 2014
  2. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Ok.
    mushroomars and Arachnis like this.
  3. Bhaal

Bhaal Active Member

I am fine with people who dont care about graphics. I myself think that gameplay is more important than graphics but even with such low polycount Uber was not able to deliver a full unit roster which is very sad. Not even placeholders are added. Compared to total annihilation the unit design in this game is complete ****. The money argument really is getting old, because they got enough money considering the low poly, only 1 faction and no missions. It feels like they cant use existing resources... there are plenty of games like ta, faf and spring mods which show how unit balance and design could be done.

Open your eyes, look at the player stats and tell the game is currently fun.
  4. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

The general point of my post is that the alpha- beta description of what people seem to accept simply doest fit to this games developmentprozess
    as i and others repeatedly stated ... IT WONT BE FEATURECOMPLETE ON RELEASE .... i mean are you realy gonna keep call it alpha until then?
    what are the corefeatures of the game?
    basebuilding, army and eco production aswell as navigating on different spheric planetoidlike maps

Naval was a stretchgoal, orbital was a stretchgoal, gas was a stretchgoal aswell as lava and metal ... going by this to me this cant be an alpha anymore ... most future content or functions are refinements of and addittion to the existing corefeatures and contend ...
    but yeah im gonna stop here because this is merely hairspliting about something that isnt realy important to the releaseproduct ... people who bought into early access should simply know that content annd some features are missing ... thats it ...
    shotforce13 likes this.
  5. Arachnis

The game is pretty fun for a pre-alpha.

@MrTBSC Beta means that the game is almost ready to be released, but still contains some bugs. Do you think that this game is almost ready to be released, and that bugs are the only issue here? I dare say that that's absolutely not the case. And it was even more so not the case when they first started calling it a beta somewhere last year.

Does it matter? Not really, because it has nothing to do with the finished product. Is it misleading to call it a beta? Absolutely so.
  6. Devak

Devak Post Master General

People bitching about the game not being a completely finished end product again? really?
  7. Arachnis

I hope you don't mean me...
  8. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Well when you are able to buy something, it's no holds barred.
  9. MrTBSC

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle

It is misleading to people that focus on one single word that dont know to do proper research

The description on the steampage should have been indication enough already

Im done here ...
    shotforce13 likes this.
  10. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

Judging by your statement. You never played the alpha. maybe?

It is a beta that's how Uber defines it as. So it's not absolutely misleading.;)
    MrTBSC likes this.
  11. Arachnis

Did you even read the article that you listed?
    It actually proves my point. Just read in the paragraph called "beta"

It explicitly mentions "feature complete"

Edit: Ok, calling this pre-alpha was a bit unjustified. I think simply calling it an alpha is more suited.
  12. MrTBSC

I gave you an explanation regarding content complete before didnt i?
    On a sidenote there is nothing stated that beta = close to release ready or the like ... so this also sort of disproves you
    and the term of early access is also brought up ...
    but again done nada finito telos paxnidiou ... please stop making me responding to this ...aaaaaarrrrrggggkkkkk!!!!
    shotforce13 likes this.
  13. Arachnis

Sorry, but you did nothing to disprove me. Repeating yourself doesn't prove your point, like I already mentioned before.
    Feature complete in the case of PA means every feature that is supposed to be in the release-version. That includes gas giants, multiple-screens, galactic war and more units. You can go on struggling, but it won't disprove my point. :)
  14. MrTBSC

Just lets agree to disagree with each other in this case
  15. Arachnis

Oh, if you just want to close your eyes to the arguments I provided you, go ahead. Have it your way then. But don't expect people to take you seriously if coherent logic is "not your thing"...
  16. MrTBSC

As if i care to be taken seriously about a topic that doesnt even matter ....
  17. kalherine

kalherine Active Member

The only thing i notice on a couple off PA games, is that this game have little repetitive gameplay game after game,its too much liniar game and thats never good to a RTS game on 2013.

The rest you are totaly rong,no one here care the look only gameplay and inovation that dev rts games keep forget .
    Actualy supreeme commander 2, got the best work on units i ever find in a rts games so far.

[​IMG]

Wy you think the look is that so bad!
    Just because you want to say?
    ACU.JPG
  18. omfgfu

omfgfu New Member

Totally agree with that after few days of trying to play pa i am back to spring engine again:D This game is not even close to be fun compared to other ta based games. Tho the idea of using solar system to fight seems to be good but all other stuff about pa is very poor atm.
  19. shotforce13

shotforce13 Well-Known Member

Beta stands for "working prototype" not "hay check out our demo"

Prototype means- a type, form, or instance serving as a basis or standard for later stages......gee seems pa fits well with beta.

10 years ago games used this type of beta, now the new age has turned it into demo.
  20. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

Ok Uber, someone please step in and kill this thread now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.