New Backers From Steam Holiday Sale

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by nemesischanter, January 2, 2014.

1. nemesischanter

nemesischanter New Member

This game, and the ideas going into it are amazing and worth being a backer for. Unfortunately i just found out about it. So likewise i will only receive the theta commander. My question is, can i upgrade to get the delta commander, how do i get the custom wallpaper stated on the steam purchase, and last but not least could i get some links to threads on what i should know for the game, and how i can support more?? Browsing through the threads i have seen a few posts here and there that would be something i need to read, but im looking for the core of the information required. Thanks in advance.
    drz1 and stormingkiwi like this.
  2. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Welcome to PA!

As for upgrading, I don't think it possible any more, but I'm not very up to date on upgrading stuff as I backed the Kickstarter well beyond the point where I could do any upgrades, so I haven't really been paying attention! xD

As for rewards like the backgrounds they just aren't really available yet, unless you hear otherwise from a Dev/reliable source it's best to assume you will receive them at release, at the earliest.

As far as "Must Read" threads, it really depends on exactly what you're looking for, we've had a LOT of threads over the last year and a half covering all kinds of topics many times over, some of the basic generalist threads that should serve as a good starting point;

Confirmed Feature List 2.0
    In this thread I've compiled a list of features and based Dev Comments and the Alpha/Beta Build I've labeled things like Confirmed, Implemented(in Alpha/Beta builds) or Will Not Be Present. It's a great place to start to see what's in(or not in) the game and use that to get a good idea of the state of the game. This is mostly updated but there is always more work to do and more things to dig up so it's really an on-going process.

Live Stream Index 2.0
    This one lists out the topics and User Questions from each live stream and is complete with links to each segment and User Question. This is a great resource if you don't have time to watch every single one and want to focus on the topics/questions that interest you. This is up to date as well.

Topic Index
    This one is pretty old and out of date, the discussions found within are still valid but the threads are pretty old, it does cover a wide range of topics and if there are topics that interest you this is a fairly solid place to start before you strike out on your own.

FAQ
    This is a fairly recent undertaking by Brian, it should cover most basics to start out with.

Beyond that it just comes down to finding topics that are interesting to you, the Forum search tool is a bit wonky, but its very functional once you figure it out, it'll go a long way to finding relevant topics to your interests.

If you have any further questions just let me know.

Mike
    drz1, brianpurkiss and nemesischanter like this.
  3. Anosognos

Anosognos New Member

You can certainly still buy an edition with the Delta Commander. When I saw this game during the sale I went to do some research that eventually led me to the Uber store and a strong desire to get the most super-awesome-expensive edition I could get.

As you can see on the store, you can buy the one of the Cosmic Editions, which include the Delta Commander, for $200-$250. As to upgrading, I don't see an option for that. You may want to contact support and see if you can pay the remainder for an upgrade or get a refund so you can buy a Cosmic Edition instead.

Upgrade here.
    Last edited: January 2, 2014
    nemesischanter likes this.
  4. hanspeterschnitzel

hanspeterschnitzel Active Member

How do we get the Alpha commander? D: I want it. ;~;
  5. nemesischanter

thanks for all the input and information, and its nice to see such healthy feedback from the community. Thank you for the links and the time spent to pull them up for me, its really appreciated.
    Anosognos likes this.
  6. KNight

KNight Post Master General

That was a KS only reward.

Mike
  7. Anosognos

Anosognos New Member

No problem. I know how frustrating it is to have a question and not find the answer you need.

EDIT: Also, I'm apparently blind. The upgrade option is right there at the bottom of the page.
    Last edited: January 2, 2014
  8. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

KNight covered some great ones, so since those are already covered, I'll just throw in a self plug.

http://pamatches.com/

A bunch of Planetary Annihilation related resources.

Gameplay videos, Wiki (largest and most accurate), Tutorials, Gallery, Clans, Mods, and more.
  9. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

I'll throw this in for good measure:
  10. devildude912

devildude912 New Member

eh, I wouldn't worry about it, every time they come out with a new design I like it better than all the previous ones, I have all of them bar the customs.
  11. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

Cwarner7264, read up. Stop quoting that. It's incorrect. There are instructions in this very thread as to how to upgrade, and I am living proof that that information is fiction.
  12. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Sorry but given that Uber have stated that they don't intend for Steam users to be able to upgrade via the Uber store, I'm extremely reluctant to recommend your method to others in case they make some sort of change in the future which 'breaks' your upgrade.

Until someone from Uber steps in to say 'that is intended behaviour', I'm working on the assumption that they do not intend to get the two marketplaces mixed up, which could have negative consequences further down the line.
  13. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

@stormingkiwi Did you have just a Steam purchase on your account before you upgraded? Nothing else? No other purchases from the KS or from the Uber Store before you upgraded? :) (heh, I'm asking, but I already know the answer :p)
  14. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

Wow...

Sorry for my rudeness.

I would have sworn on my life that I purchased PA from Steam. But according to Steam, I purchased it from Uber. . .

I was 100% sure I had purchased it from Steam.

Sorry guys. Guess I'd better go and hide in some dark corner of the forums for now.
    drz1 and cwarner7264 like this.
  15. JammySTB

JammySTB Well-Known Member

Hello.

I am now a PA.
  16. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

17. nemesischanter

After looking through the uber FAQ, contacting steam, and viewing other open threads in this forum, I can officially say that at the moment there is indeed NO way to upgrade to "Higher" versions. Though i am sure that uber may do something in the future to remedy this or offer an opportunity for late game backers to be able to upgrade more if they wish. That being said i would like to thank everyone for the feedback, links, and overall responses to my questions.
  18. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Right now, the game is purchaseable at packages. The packages are more easily upgradeable by a purchase through Uber marketplace, where they have a paper record of the purchases made.

Besides this, the only hope one would have for upgrading Steam purchases, is for Uber to sell as individual transactions the parts of a package that an upgrade would give for the price an upgrade would cost, or the individual parts altogether, inside of the steam page or their storepage.

Might or might not happen.
  19. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

Well, here's the other thing..... The only thing in those packages that you receive right away is the game key. Everything else will be sent out when they're ready. So, to "upgrade" a Steam purchase to items that don't have a ship date yet seems kinda unfair to you guys. :oops:

But I can see the excitement for Commanders!! It sounds like most of ya want to pre-order a Commander :p