Can we have multiple suns in our solar system?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by roguedeathange1, January 2, 2014.

?

Should you be able to have multiple suns in your solar system?

Poll closed February 11, 2014.
  1. Yes multiple suns would be rad

17 vote(s)
    89.5%
  2. No shut up

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  1. roguedeathange1

roguedeathange1 New Member

Why have you defined a solar system as a single sun? Why can't i have two suns? Then it would never get dark on my planets(except perhaps shadows of planets).

Unrelated your latest patch lets PA work on my laptop!! But it is screwed up:( It enters the game and my commander is deployed, but its super dark and the metal is blue. Its almost like the sun never made it into the game. Super weird. But i realize its still beta so keep up the good work! Runs well on my two beast gaming rigs.
  2. BradNicholson

BradNicholson Uber Employee Uber Alumni

Hey, dude! We've discussed having multiple sun systems before, and I believe it is something we want to do. I'll check around and see where this is at. I sorta doubt it'll be a launch feature.
    roguedeathange1 and brianpurkiss like this.
  3. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

This.

It's been talked about before and probably will be implemented after launch.
  4. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

I dont realy care nor do i realy mind ... considering scaling with furthcomming technology this could be potentionaly become your pseudo rt galaxy type thing
  5. WarriorServent

WarriorServent Member

I would love to have the two suns far apart enough that the planets would be doing a figure eight around them.
    roguedeathange1 likes this.
  6. mrqasq

mrqasq Member

Excuse me, but what would be the point in having more than one sun? What's the benefit for a player?
  7. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

Better solarpower advantage i imagine .... but why should everything be limited to just functionality ... i guess some shits and giggles here and there wouldnt hurt
  8. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Primarily it'd be a fun visual aesthetic. Just to make the game look cooler.

Though, as MrTBSC mentioned, it could give benefits to solar arrays should solar arrays require direct sunlight in the future. We'll see how energy production gets balanced in the future.
    roguedeathange1 and mrqasq like this.
  9. Ortikon

Ortikon Active Member

Ya it was mostly a cool factor, I remember uber talking about binary systems etc very early on.
  10. verybad

verybad Active Member

I want Gas Planets and asteroid rings first though. No problems AGAINST multiple stars, but there is other stuff I want a lot more first.

Though realistically, planets in multistar systems are unlikely to have stable orbits unless the additional suns are very far away (like well beyond Pluto's orbit, and wouldn't be visible on the regular solar map.

There's a lot in space I want however as I'm a space travel junky.
    WarriorServent likes this.
  11. roguedeathange1

1) it would affect lighting.
    2) its awesome.
    3) You could model star wars solar systems :p

I realize its not a huge change but that make it that much easier for devs to incorporate into the game. When making solar systems to play in, half the fun is making something unique. It doesn't have a huge effect of gameplay.
  12. roguedeathange1

Cool! Definitely would appreciate that.
    Just picked up another copy of the game for my little brother:) Gonna relive the old TA days.
  13. stonewood1612

stonewood1612 Well-Known Member

What about more types of suns? I'm getting tired of these yellow dwarfs. I want to see some blue and red giants!

What about orbital suns? The Centauri system has twin stars in the middle, with a red dwarf orbiting them. and they each have planets orbiting them.

It's the 'little' things that will make this game more awesome and unique than it already is.