Shadowrun Revival

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by xshammas, December 30, 2013.

1. RandomToon

RandomToon Well-Known Member

Gamestop has the game for under $2, and it is scheduled to be a free game one of these months.

A couple of observations;
    The lobby system is superior to MNC, but about what you would expect from any shooter. It just really shows how bad MNC did things on 360. The lag code is also really good. Minus a couple of moments where people shot through trees, there were minimal "magic bullet" moments. Granted it is easier to do that when you don't have 40-50 bots to track, but if MNC had that net code I would be very happy.

But holy hell, the game is FRUSTRATING at first due to it having a steep learning curve and having been out for 6 years it has A LOT of vets that tear you apart. Some of my MNC habits (constant jumping) need to be done away with, and the matchups are tough when you don't know when\where to teleport. I was getting pissed because I would get someone shot up, but they could escape easily because they knew the teleport routes and I did not. There were many times I tried to hop through a wall only to end up standing next to it because I the maps are not that clear on when there is a room below you as there is no mini map. You have to track position through walls, cooldowns, charges, essence, health, money, and ammo while trying to find the perfect ratio of rate of fire and bloom control. It's a lot to take in in a short amount of time.

Oh, and there is friendly fire...so much friendly fire...turns out my aim isn't that bad...sadly my target recognition skills could use work...
    Last edited: January 2, 2014
  2. iammclovin117

iammclovin117 Active Member

You and me both, brother.
  3. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

If I were to play with you guys on PC, how would you imagine that working out? I have never known of actually playing with or against a PC player in Shadowrun. I wonder if I need Xbl Gold to play games online with GfWL? The game is only like $1.99 on the PC market.

Also are Troll Ninja's allowed or banned?
  4. iammclovin117

I think you don't, but GFWL is coming offline in june. You'd be better off getting it on 360.
  5. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

The price of Xbl doesn't justify itself to play 1 game online. June though huh? So I figure I have maybe 4-6 months to play on PC.
  6. knickles

knickles Well-Known Member

Tell me where you find this game on PC. It looks interesting.
  7. xshammas

xshammas Well-Known Member

If you get it for PC then you'll just be a God. It probably won't even be fun.
    And nothing is banned. I believe it's still the only MLG (former) title to be played straight out of the box.
  8. iammclovin117

I know people who bought a full year for GTA V.
    Plus you could join us in a party chat before the match if you did.
  9. totallynotzoom

totallynotzoom Member

>reticle blooms whenever you move

Yeah, no...
  10. feedle

feedle Post Master General

The teleporting throws me off but has player mechanics of mnc classes or skills. Dwarf is skill draining.. Elf is speed.. Human average... Troll tankish or gunner like. But you can buy or steal any weapon from who you killed.

Headshots are crutial for killing things in this game more so then any other...
    Not just with the sniper rifle but any gun.. shotgun to the head of a troll is lethal.
    Last edited: January 3, 2014
    iammclovin117 likes this.
  11. notgunkedcontrol

notgunkedcontrol Post Master General

Picked it up tonight
    And where do I find this schedule. I can only ever find the current months games and nothing farther in the future than that.
    You could always play MNC 360 and there are ways to get xbox live for cheap/free. I use bing and I haven't paid for my live for a year. Gunked has this renewal deal thing and he gets it for free each month.
  12. iammclovin117

I really suck at this game.
  13. iammclovin117