Hey Wait! The planets feel really small

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by plaguedoctor42, January 1, 2014.

1. plaguedoctor42

plaguedoctor42 New Member

Hallo, the title says quite the majority of my little statement here.
    THE PLANETS ARE SOO TINY. It feels like a 10km map from SupCom, sheesh! I'll be able to generate X-box sized planets soon, right?

hehe, x-box size joke! hehe

ANYWAY, this isn't gonna be the ONLY size-level for our planets, right? or atleast, are we gonna make it so then each person starts on their own planet? I think that would be the SIMPLEST option, but whatever, really.
  2. gab99

gab99 New Member

If you
    Play around with the system editor you can get huge planets, and we might get even larger ones in the future so just sit tight for now

And before purkiss welcomes you with a "please use the search function"...

use the search function, or read the frequently asked questions sticky thread near the top of the threads.
    brianpurkiss and BulletMagnet like this.
  3. Taxman66

Taxman66 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
  4. Taxman66

In all seriousness, some planets are quite huge, especially ones that are scale 4+

That's just to begin with, I'm sure there will be much much larger planets and possibly with a mod, REAL Earth sized planets, where it'll take hours to traverse the planet 360 with your bots :)

Sit tight
    spicyquesidilla likes this.
  5. spicyquesidilla

spicyquesidilla Active Member

I would also suggest visiting the scale thread [Click]
  6. bradsh

bradsh New Member

Last edited: October 24, 2018
  7. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

To a point. There really is a *just* right size for the way gameplay currently works. 800-850 works best for me right now.
  8. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

hahaha. I have a reputation, and I'm not sure if it's a good thing.

In all seriousness though, the planets we have right now are really really small compared to what we will have.

Here's a radius 4649 planet

[​IMG]

And here's a 6,200 planet.
    https://forums.uberent.com/threads/some-crazy-fun-without-gpu.51186/#post-783188

There's a thread on the forums somewhere comparing different planet sizes.

In short, there will be planets 3, 4, and 5 times as large as the 1,200 radius max we're currently limited to.
    Taxman66 likes this.
  9. Taxman66

Honestly, I found I had the most fun on SHARDS with 8 player FFA - its a little less symmetrical and therefore a little more like TA.
    EdWood likes this.
  10. brianpurkiss

But in the future we'll be able to have 20 vs 20 player gameplay. That'll be insane and will be practical on really large planets.
    Taxman66 likes this.
  11. Taxman66

Is that the largest and has it been confirmed? I've heard them do big battle tests...
  12. brianpurkiss

I haven't kept up on the rendering battle. Some of the planets they've generated have taken hours to render and have been crazy huge. Even though they're too big for practical gameplay, it's fun to see what this game can do.
  13. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

If they reduced the size of units. . .

Wouldn't it immediately give a huge performance boost, because now the planet is relatively larger, you can achieve the same ganeplay with a smaller planet which doesn't need to take up do many system resources?