A couple of questions from a newb

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by plaguedoctor42, December 31, 2013.

1. plaguedoctor42

plaguedoctor42 New Member

Hi there, long time player of RTS here (but new to the whole PA thing). I just have a couple of questions about this games' future. (also, please direct me to a thread that discusses one of the questions, I suck at forum browsing xD)

-Q1 Are there gonna be big honkin experimental types of units? I personally prefer this kind of unit, because micro-managing is kind of difficult. (although I am getting better)

-Q2 Will there be a "Strategic AA tower" , Like an AA holkins or pelter? I personally hate how in most RTS games AA towers have weirdly low range, it doesn't make much sense to me. (like how in SupCom, the T3 AA tower could basically only attack units on top of it, especially the CZAR, Hnnng)

-Q3 What's up with metal planets? what's with all the weird giant pole-holes? Will we be able to re-activate em and the pole-holes are actually giant death-star laser guns? that would be pretty awesome, just sayin'

-Q4 WILL THERE BE AN ADVANCED ORBITAL FACTORY? that would be SOOOO cool, so then we can build HUGE super-duper star destroyers!

-Q5 In the full-game How can I customize my CO? I would personally like to make him a Rocket-Pack flying laser-cannon toting Battle-robot, but as long as I can give him an artillery gun and a mobility upgrade, I'll be content.

-Q6 We'll be able to move planets from orbit-to-orbit, right? ALSO, will we be able to fling planets into the sun?

-Q7 Can we have a thingy we can put our commanders in like a commander-bunker? that would be nice. OR MAYBE A FLAGSHIP?! LIKE IN A ROYAL FLEET, IF SPACE-BORN!?

And a last thing, Sorry if this is the wrong place, hehe, pretty bad at forums..

YOURS TRULY, PlagueDoc

Edit; new question! COMMA
    Last edited: December 31, 2013
  2. chronosoul

chronosoul Well-Known Member

I have some time to burninate.

Q1 : The plan is not to. Currently a No from the Dev's and a good portion of the forum.

Q2 : I haven't currently seen any talk about a Strategic AA tower... You can probably add it to the unit idea thread in the backers lounge.

Q3: Its the Art asset of the planet. Ideas are being tossed around with how they will effect the battlefield with either being a death star or somthing better.

Q4: Orbital is currently be mulled over by the developers, and that idea has been brought up by the fans and the dev's themselves. Its getting discussed, don't worry.

Q5: Commander upgrades Will not be in the game. There will be subtle "attributes" that each commander will have. But it won't be an artillery gun for one commander and a jet pack for the other. I think someone else can mention the post that someone asked on this very topic.

Q6: moving a planet to a different orbit is being discussed and Maybe getting worked on, same with flinging planets into the Sun.

If you want more in-depth answers for all those questions, look into my signature for confirmed features and live stream videos to burn some time on.
    BulletMagnet likes this.
  3. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

wtf are you on about???

planets into other orbits is an absolute certainty, mavor said so.

about the poles even the devs had said maybe it'l to be a weapon but there'll be activatable weapons on the metal planets for certain either way.

and there HAVE been a bunch of talks about advanced AA. here's an example: https://forums.uberent.com/threads/advanced-air-units.55115/
  4. plaguedoctor42

plaguedoctor42 New Member

Chrono-THX
    Tatsujb-ALSO THX

Thanks for the helpful answers, friends! after mod support is added, I'll probably make some mini mods anyway if mod support isn't TOO much of a pain. (I'm not good with coding).

Much thanks
    Plague Doc
  5. chronosoul

chronosoul Well-Known Member

Chillax man.

I can't confirm nor deny that the devs are currently working on putting planets into the orbit of another planet. It is maybe getting worked on. idk. A dev can weigh on it. We did discuss it and Mavor said he would like to have it added into game. I wasn't saying no.

I don't think in that thread they have discussed anti air ranging as long as a holkins/pelter though. unless you can point to person in the thread itself. I even commented on that thread you posted.
  6. tatsujb

ok fine, sorry
  7. tatsujb

actually mod support is already in (except for icons, but hey I mod it anyways!) I invite you to check out everyone's current favorite Mod Manager (unfortunately, currently it links to an unverified site, so you'll have to turn off antivirus to download and run it, but I can guarantee you its virus-free) from which you can download all your favorite mods!

I currently use:
    settings manager
    floating framework
    better system view
    in game timer
    economy efficiency <- <3 <3 <3
    modbatch
    pa tournaments
    pa stats tracker online version
    planet preview details
    commander health display

non-PAMM: