Planetary Annihilation Lagging

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jordan657945, December 29, 2013.

1. jordan657945

jordan657945 New Member

Why am I lagging in this game? My average fps is 20-30 fps no matter what settings I put it on. I get the same fps on low settings at 720p as I do with max settings at 1080p. Is there a solution to this?
    My specs:
    GPU: Radeon HD 7870 2 GB overclocked to 1 ghz (using latest drivers from AMD)
    CPU: Intel i5-3570k(turbo boost enabled)
    Ram: 8GB of Corsair Vengeance

Attached Files:

Last edited: December 29, 2013
  2. SXX

SXX Post Master General

3. jordan657945

jordan657945 New Member

Ok I uploaded the dxdiag file
  4. jordan657945

jordan657945 New Member

The non-steam version made no performance difference.
    warrenkc likes this.
  5. Chemdude8

Chemdude8 New Member

For any maps? for in game menus? Theres a mod to make the menu less memory heavy. Also there is a huge difference is how slow maps run based on how they are set up, look at making the height difference setting and biome settings to zero as well as changing the seed until one loads in a reasonable amount of time.
  6. space4092

space4092 New Member

it really depends on the size of the planets on AI on how many units are active.

I had games open that used 15GB of ram, so i can see that beeing an issue.

Also all the AI stuff is handled on their servers, so even though your cpu is at 15% usage the game can still start lagging if there are too many units active.

I played agains 9 AI's the other day, after around an hour it got unplayable, there is nothing we can do about it, my pc was at 15% cpu load and 45% ram load.
  7. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Are you talking about visual stuttering? It's bandwidth trothtling and it's not related to actual game performance.
  8. space4092

space4092 New Member

i assume its bandwidth throttling, since every game is allowed so much bandwidth otherwise one UBER game could crash the servers?

A thing i don really understand though, how is it supposed to work later when we are all fighting between galaxy's, if there is issues with too much bandwidth throttling already ?

ps. captcha's are so annoying ... :(
  9. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Currently server have strict limit: 2mbps per player and it's not really problem of server bandwidth. As long as I understand developers just not ready yet to increase limit, but because they need proper load balancing first.

Game client doesn't need to update information about all units in game all the time. It's only need information about units you see on screen.

There also many improvements can be done in future updates.
    space4092 likes this.
  10. space4092

space4092 New Member