Thoughts on the New Patch

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by zack1028, December 18, 2013.

1. abubaba

abubaba Well-Known Member

Lol what do you mean? You mean the clicking? Yeah that was pretty bad, and I think area commands are definitely welcome. But apparently I have anti-ocd, I like things to be unorganized.
  2. zack1028

zack1028 Member

I love them to be organized!!!! Love the area commands
  3. ragzouken

ragzouken New Member

Really wish they'd prioritise fixing the bugs with clicking "start annihilation" when picking your spawn and missing commanders :(
    nhac likes this.
  4. zack1028

zack1028 Member

That's probably on there list of small bugs to fix ;)

Right behind the other 100 request :rolleyes:
  5. ragzouken

ragzouken New Member

yeah but of all the game-breaking things, not even spawning at the start... :p
  6. Asdfplaya

Asdfplaya New Member

What really bugs me is that you can't add walls of defense to a queue like
    when you say to that worker A do this wall of Stingerlaunchers A then (shift) do this wall of stingerslaunchers B
    the worker A will then build wall B prompt without finishing wall A
  7. beer4blood

beer4blood Active Member

negating busy work is involved in your strategy.......rts not moba ...
  8. beer4blood

beer4blood Active Member

stormingkiwi likes this.
  9. planktum

planktum Post Master General

Please make the "WAY POINTS" different colours
    i.e. Red for a patrol, Green for moving units, Blue for a Factory way point. Sometimes it can get pretty messy and hard to quickly determine the different way points.
    beer4blood and stormingkiwi like this.
  10. Asdfplaya

Asdfplaya New Member

next time don't write your reply in the quote pls
    uhhh well i tried it several times but if it works for you my pc might be a bit slow or sth. idaho
  11. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

Is patrol not working in the latest patch? When I click it does nothing..Also, the lava planet its very very hard to see units/icons ect...This build seems to be the most unstable. Its the first time PA has crashed for me. When I sent my coms to a distant moon they totally disappeared lol

Also, I really dont like how much weaker the com is now...He seems to die much easier than before. Please bring his stats back to what they were...
    Last edited: December 19, 2013
  12. Asdfplaya

Asdfplaya New Member

ok i see... you have to press and hold shift then click & drag (not click then hold shift then drag :p)
    but now sth else: Uber please make it (area commands) cancelable by right-cklicking
  13. ericchughes

ericchughes New Member

Patrol is definitely broken for me! You have to click 3-5 times for it to register a patrol command.

Also, perhaps even worse than not having patrol... the nuke attack command seems to have the same problem. I have to click the attack button and then select my target over and over and over... and it finally fires. No good.
  14. spicyquesidilla

spicyquesidilla Active Member

Well, on large scale, grids wont really impact that organic look. I can see where you're coming from on the early game front. But all in all people have there own personality put into there builds. A moon that's 100% inhabited will definitely prove my point :p.
  15. abubaba

Yeah, you're right.. played some more and basebuilding definitely still gets all kinds of chaotic. ;) Amazing how much easier it makes things though, especially that T1 power gen spam, lol.
  16. Nullimus

Nullimus Well-Known Member

While I like the new features in the desert biome. Where are the plateaus?

Also, the icons for the commander, nuke launcher, and catapult are no longer showing up.
    stuart98 likes this.
  17. abubaba

I noticed this too, big thumbs up for terrain improvements! Slowly getting there.. love that stuff like this is finally possible.

pa1.jpg
  18. Tontow

Tontow Active Member

Mission: Feature complete by the end of the year?

Meh, close enough. They've obviously been working there buts off -(just look at what we have so far)- and have earned themselves some slack.

Anyway, great job so far and Merry X-mas...... And happy holidays to the rest of you haters :p .

PS: Santa is upgrading my code monkey whip to a set of shock collars. >:)
  19. Kruptos

Kruptos Active Member

Ok now I don't follow your line of thought. How does wanting the game to handle all the boring repetitive work with a simple AI script or computer giving you notifications about important stuff happening make the game closer to a moba?

The problem with games like SC2 where the computer does nearly nothing for you is that you have to be ridiculously fast and good at the game before you even need to start thinking about actual strategies. Before you get to I don't know.. platinum league or something, generally the guy who was fastest to build a bigger army wins.

If the computer handles operating your base and watching the minimap(s in the case of PA), even slower (and older) players are able to play competitively without having to make split second decisions at 300 apm all the time for the entire duration of the game, which could be multiple hours in the case of PA.
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  20. Nullimus

Nullimus Well-Known Member

I like the new features. But if it is a choice between old features or new, I want the old ones back. Why can't we have both?

I like the plateaus they are the key element in the desert biome. Now that they are gone we have lost pretty much the only terrain feature that affects on the ground movements of units in a desert biome. Not to mention the aesthetics of the plateaus which were quite appealing.
    stuart98 and beer4blood like this.