1. zack1028

zack1028 Member

Was watching the live stream that Garat did a few minutes ago and he said that they were going to be releasing the new build here soon..... as in tonight!!!!!!!
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  2. zack1028

zack1028 Member

build is Live!!!!!!
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  3. asmodeos

asmodeos New Member

I love this build for the graphics, area build function, and camera.

I noticed a HUGE decrease in performance. I am on an i7 4770k, 16gb ram, gtx 570. Last build was buttery smooth with over sampling on high settings. This build, although it is definitely more functional, lags hard when zoomed in (15-20 FPS) on LOW settings.

I completed a game versus a single AI. The FPS rate was consistent throughout, from beginning to end. It did not get worse as the armies expanded.

So, in short, big performance hit here. Some nice improvements, but there is something that is slowing the engine down when zoomed closer to a planet.
  4. mrcossack

mrcossack New Member

New area commands are great! So much better controlling swarms of bombers now. ;) However, like above poster i have big hit in performance. Not sure if it's to do with lava planet i played on or if because i let the a.i build up for about 40 minutes as i was messing around with new commands.

i7-3770k
    16GB ram
    GTX 660 Ti

Also, a.i struggles with lava planet, many units end up stuck around lava lakes and never move for the whole battle, sometimes a.i commander will get stuck at start of battle and will build nothing nor move all game.

I'm sure these things will be sorted out later on though so overall good additions.
  5. dlacaille

dlacaille New Member

Crashes when generating system.
    • Mac OS X 10.9 (13A603)
    • Build 58678.
    • MBP 13-inch Early 2013
    • i5 2.6
    • 8GB memory
    • integrated graphics
    Last build did not crash.
  6. iceDrop

iceDrop Active Member

Sad to report the same on my Mac, on both 10.9 as well as the feshly-released 10.9.1 now (using retina macbook pro, mid 2012). I've disabled all mods, un-configured USB Overdrive (used for extra button support on a mouse), and gone to as stock as I can think. Can't open a game.
  7. iceDrop

iceDrop Active Member

seems to dump just after creating the holodeck:
    Code:
        other: 1.09 usec
    [21:28:05.193] INFO ClientPlanet::finishPlanet - Nav/Physics: 0.476449
    [21:28:53.755] INFO createHolodeck 0 {"left":0,"top":0,"width":1,"height":0,"zIndex":0,"view":{"id":0}}
    [21:28:54.123] INFO Dump written to /var/folders/rm/...(more gobbledy-gook, then a GUID-based filename.dmp)
    since I can't play, I may just go investigate a unit papa (well, it's json) that I don't think i recall seeing previously...
    Code:
    [21:27:57.077] ERROR /pa/units/land/megabot/megabot_material.papa: open failed
    [21:27:57.077] ERROR /pa/units/land/megabot/megabot_mask.papa: open failed

"max_health":25000 ??!?!

it's a monster!!!! run. hide the kids! this thing will NOT die!!!
  8. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

Has the com been nerfed? He seems weaker
  9. asmodeos

asmodeos New Member

I agree. I was able to encircle the ai with build-and-patrol air units, thus allowing me to develop the rest of the planet at my leisure. This was my first victory versus the ai.

As a reference, I did not have a lava planet in the game I played. The game is generally sluggish, regardless of how low I set the graphics.

Again, i7 4770k, 16gb ram, gtx 570.
  10. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

Eh? what do you mean exactly by this?
  11. asmodeos

asmodeos New Member

The most fight that the ai put up was to send a standard string of enemies towards me. Once I thwarted that with aircraft, set to build and immediately enter patrol, the ai never tried to do anything different. It sort of gave up, built its base, and never really tried to crack the aircraft swarm circling his part of the planet. I effectively sealed him in and cut off expansion with hundreds of t2 aircraft circling round and round.
  12. peewee1000

peewee1000 Member

Enjoying this so far. I don't know if they did some work on lava planets but they look very cool! Glad to have them aboard now. It's a shame though that the mouse wheel planet rotate didn't make his return yet, but I'll continue to keep my fingers crossed for future builds.
  13. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

14. peewee1000

peewee1000 Member

Area commands feel much greater improvement to gameplay than I anticipated. Nice! Performance seemed better first on my i5-4670 + GTX 760, but was still reduced to crawl after half an hour vs. AI opponent. Which caused final planet smash to display very glitchy, so can't comment on improvements there.
  15. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

16. zack1028

zack1028 Member

The new graphics system does need some work.... it doesn't seem to play very smooth..... hope for the future!!!!!

My system:

CPU: IntelCore i7-3630QM
    VGA: Nvidia GeForce GTX 670MX/ 3GB GDDR5
    RAM: DDR3 12GB
    High Speed Ethernet

Even with as good as my system is is was pretty skippy and didn't seem to handle the memory load very good.....

Love the area commands though..... and the notifications are just AWESOME!!!!!!

Keep up the good work!!!!!
  17. varrak

varrak Official PA

I'm not sure if this is the graphics system or not... for those of you seeing performance issues, would you mind uploading screengrabs of the in-game profiler? CTRL+P to show; it shows fps, and the time spent in various parts of the frame. It would help us debug what's going on.
  18. peewee1000

peewee1000 Member

I'll play another game tomorrow morning (omw to bed now) and upload the info.
  19. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

not me personally.

I only had server-side lag.
  20. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

Is patrol not working in the latest patch? When I click it does nothing basically makes the game unplayable for me, patrol is more imp than area commands...Also, the lava planet its very very hard to see units/icons ect...This build seems to be the most unstable. Its the first time PA has crashed for me. When I sent my coms to a distant moon they totally disappeared lol

Also, I really dont like how much weaker the com is now...He seems to die much easier than before. Please bring his stats back to what they were...
    stormingkiwi likes this.