Would uber sell the rights to MNC?

Discussion in 'Uber Entertainment Discussion' started by teapot, October 15, 2013.

1. thebigpill

thebigpill Well-Known Member

That's why I used "opportunities." Obviously if an exploit has a significant impact on the game and is truly impossible counter and/or has no downsides (those are very rare), it should be fixed and if that is no longer an option it should be banned along as it conforms to the guidelines outlined by sirlin. If it doesn't, then the game is probably not that suited to competitive play.
  2. xshammas

xshammas Well-Known Member

Yeah, we actually turn off juice buying in the game settings, and spawn camping is totally allowed, that's how you win. I have no clue where the whole "honor rules" thing came from.
  3. teapot

teapot Post Master General

Honor rules apply to not building turrets anywhere but outside the money ball since that cannot be turned off. The only other rules we try to enforce are airstriking the enemies in the spawn.
    naka333 likes this.
  4. thebigpill

thebigpill Well-Known Member

well it would be pretty hard to airstrike someone in spawn by accident, so sirlin approved honor rules it is
  5. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

And that is probably who will have the next console wars.

The last console wars killed Sega and Nintendo pretty much and newcomer Sony Playstation won it all. These console wars will probably kill Playstation and Xbox and Steam will become the winner of all. Then, their next competition knowing all random craziness will probably be Apple. It would just make that much sense or that little sense, I am not sure which.

Anyway, what I want to see, is a big publisher partner up with Uber. Could you imagine Uber under EA or something? Or Uber under Microsoft? Uber under Sony? Uber under Valve? You know, by which I mean they should stay independent but partnered through funding and such. That would be how they could complete a totally polished format of MNC finally.
  6. JammySTB

JammySTB Well-Known Member

Pippin 2.0.

lol
  7. jbeetle

jbeetle Well-Known Member

very lol
  8. thetrophysystem

Lol? They already created bastard children with so many other indie developers for their Live Arcade games. I was just suggesting after having at least established a game with their console that did well, offer to make another. They might just fund with how much money they are throwing around to push games onto their One console. Which the One console is more similar to computer coding than consoles have been before.

I know it is basically selling your soul to the devil, i.e. EA or Microsoft... but whatever gets results.
  9. Nap

Nap Well-Known Member

No.
  10. jbeetle

jbeetle Well-Known Member

more like selling your soul to the devil after selling your soul to a devil that's already screwed you over.
  11. teapot

Even though they won't they should sell the rights.

with the e-sports boom they should have pushed the hell out their concept. oh well.
    naka333 likes this.
  12. Offen

Offen New Member

I somewhat agree. They should do something before someone steal their consept and make something better.
    But I hope they never sell it.
    I have put some money into this game, and really hope it didn't go to waste entirely.
  13. gboon

gboon Member

Should just repackage up everything in SMNC, make it a $15/$20 stand alone product. Hell, make it a kickstarter, once PA launches.

Carry over the cosmetics as a sign of good will so my Captain Dashing can live again.
  14. JammySTB

JammySTB Well-Known Member

Step 1: Make free game cost money and don't add anything
    Step 2: Playerbase will grow

logic/10
  15. gboon

gboon Member

Game's pretty much dead, you'd need a player base for it to grow.

I think a boxed MNC3 would work out better than trying to revive SMNC and it's business model. The game was coming off a popular first game and had decent attention from destructoid, giantbomb, totalbiscuit, and even Team Fortress in the form of hats, and still managed to die pretty fast despite my love for it.

That or they could do a kickstarter to port it over to PS4 and add some crossplay. Warframe apparently took about 4 months with a few dudes to port it over, and is doing quite well.
  16. thetrophysystem

fixd
  17. gboon

gboon Member

Yeah, but PS4 supports M+K if you want.

Also, if they were to re-release SMNC, they'd have to do polish because content wise it's a good game. Fix up the maps a bit, make Turbocross much similar to MNC, and get rid of those PvE weapons that deal more damage.
  18. thetrophysystem

It they aren't exclusive, there is no reason not to port to both. Except of spite, at the cost of 40% sales possibly more.

In other words, the console wars and everyone who buys into them are bad, and they should feel bad.
  19. totallynotzoom

totallynotzoom Member

I thought MNC was forgotten?

The way I see it, Uber went from making console games from PC games to PC MMOs to cell phone games. Talk about a major step up.
  20. teapot

By the devs? yeah.. but we're still doing PM's zoom. Their has been influx of less experienced players trying them as well. All vet lobbies are pretty rare.
    naka333 likes this.