ZaphodX's PA videos - updated daily

Discussion in 'Videos And Replays!' started by zaphodx, July 17, 2013.

1. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

Quitch I find your summaries terribly amusing :)

I am a very bossy control freak but ultimately someone had to lead or that game would have gone badly. I'm pretty sure Rockka is ok, I wasn't trying to be nasty. He is very new to the game and can't micro quickly or know what the correct moves and responses are yet so needs quite a bit of guidance.

Repellant I'm not really sure those Simon says rules would work, just trust me on that. I do however have something similar which I think you'll like. Just need to find the right people to get it recorded.
    mishtakashi, Quitch, FXelix and 2 others like this.
  2. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

Quitchs summaries are sometimes better than the actual video.

(Enjoyment per Minute)
    mishtakashi and drz1 like this.
  3. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

Quick question, if I have adblock, does that effect your revenue? If not, then it's win win! Until Google remove adblock in the near future :(
    I haven't kept up to date with these vids since you trialed the new game type I was suggesting. Can't bring myself to watch it, in case it is terrible, as I'll feel guilty :p Have you found that the interplanetary nukes improve the vids yet, particularly in relation to late game orbital shenanigans?
  4. zaphodx

You won't see ads if you have it, but don't feel bad about using adblock, I don't blame anyone.

You should watch em, a couple of people didn't like it, some people really enjoyed it. A lot of people commented about cool changes that would make it fun.
    drz1 likes this.
  5. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

Thanks, I guess I'll watch it and see if I can also suggest some improvements! I think it has a lot of potential to be an interesting game mode.
    Keep up the good work, and I must say it's nice that you are using precious casting time to try out random viewers suggestions :)
  6. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

If there's anyone in this thread who hasn't seen #129, go watch it, I'd say it's the best video thus far, though sometimes it's fun to watch a Zaphod depression meltdown followed by his total confusion at winning. Pro scouting, buddy :)
    drz1 likes this.
  7. pownie

pownie Active Member

Not being Zaphod, but having atched all of his videos since end of alpha (man, I'm such a fan...) and some other videos with interplanetary nukes, my impression so far is that these videos tend to be less interesting. The nuisance aside that seemingly every video with interplanetary nukes is called epic, where it was previously possible during a losing fight on the main planet to squeeze out an Astraeus and save yourself to a moon for a chance comeback or glorious Halley suicide draw, now an attention paying enemy will just send his already existing nukes after you and be done with it. Also interplanetary nukes can hit a whole planet while a local nuke is limited. So if you manage to expand to a moon, you not only get a ressource boost, but also clear any range limits for your nukes.

So in its current state for me interplanetary nukes didn't turn out as awesome as I thought they would. But it's beta, so I'm curious to see how they'll blend into the game as it progresses.
  8. zaphodx

Interplanetary nukes dont have infinite range, it depends on the size of the target planet.

Personally I haven't played enough but it seems good, it actually allows play inbetween orbiting planets and means people can't drag a lost game on for 20-30 minutes longer than necessary.
  9. pownie

pownie Active Member

It does? Looks like I have go spend more time playing with it in game. Do you know how the effective range is determined? Ie. does the target window move as the moon orbits around the planet?
  10. zaphodx

Yeah I imagine that's how it works but I really don't know.
  11. pownie

pownie Active Member

I just tried it. I made a planet size 1200 with a moon. The planet side nuke launcher covers little over half the planet surface, while the interplanetary nuke could hit anywhere on it, even on the far side when looking from the point above which the moon currently is. So if there is a range limit, I haven't found it yet, and it's clearly further than the planet side launcher's.

Have you had the case where a target was out of range of an interplanetary nuke or how do you know the range is limited?
  12. zaphodx

Oh ok, I saw multiple posts where people complained the range of IP nukes was too small.
  13. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

and i am tired of it. If the range isnt limited it will be OP.

I mean, there will be no reason to build nukes anywhere but WITHIN your base - thus encouraging turtlers.
  14. zaphodx

15. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

16. zaphodx

Yeah next time I'll go over a far more aggressive build, I'm just trying to get people started on the right footing.
  17. iceDrop

iceDrop Active Member

18. zaphodx

19. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Good to see such a solid challenge from the opposition for the planets. Made a nice change. If I'd been black on lava I'd have ignored your attacking tanks and focused on smashing your base because your force was so slow. Or, if black had been able to communicate better, nuke your own base from the planet and hope to catch the commander in it and then move in for the kill. You didn't move your commander from that spot either, so would have worked a treat.

Game really needs something like unit cannon though. Once the battle for the two moons has been decided there's a real lull while everyone gets their fabbing power up.

It's nice to see that a reasonably decent multi-planet setup has been found though. The game really needs to allow moon to moon nuking though because what you guys really needed was to nuke SpaceRock and take it off them.

Still, orbital is slowly becoming more interesting.
  20. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

I believe there is an orbital revamp in the works to cater for various things.