ZaphodX's PA videos - updated daily

Discussion in 'Videos And Replays!' started by zaphodx, July 17, 2013.

1. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

This, I think, is what could really make the game. Having everyone be able to bargain with the Untouchable player, and knowing who is trying to make dodgy deals to get help with raiding. This may also make the other players more aggressive against one another: "Hm, white is willing to trade a lot of units for a nuke strike, maybe they are planning a move on me, I'd better act first"...
  2. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

I like this idea, although the Simon player would have to manage carefully which commands to give, as to not make the game finish abruptly or lag on to long.
  3. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

This could make coding so complex.....I can only begin to imagine the hours it will take to do this......I feel sorry for the devs again.....

:(

BUT IT WOULD BE AWESOME
  4. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

It can be player regulated. Have a gentleman's agreement between the teams that follow the rules set out above. Of course, it would be nice if Uber coded in some of these unique game types in the final release, but I can't see how it can't quite easily be done otherwise.
  5. repellant

repellant New Member

We'll have to find out how it works out in practice. If you take the "One Simon, pre-game made up rules", it is just like any other game basically, but you can't bet solely on one tactic. If you spread out your base like a virus to counter a "Simon says kill one of your own Commanders" and you have a massive land army to make it happen, but Simon suddenly says "Kill all your ground armies and factories." instead, a weak player with an extra nuke can suddenly turn the game by air scouting and sniping a damaged second Commander.

It becomes a game that has a good chance element in it.
  6. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

Forgot to upload today's video. So painful. When I start making some more money I'm going to have to upgrade this internet connection.

[​IMG]
    drz1 likes this.
  7. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

start whoring yourself out with ads ASAP :p
  8. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

You mentioned in an earlier video (100?) that you were going to add ads to the videos. What happened?
  9. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

I wouldn't be against ads, especially if it gives you some revenue to encourage you to keep posting at the consistency you are now.
  10. zaphodx

11. Badjakker

Badjakker New Member

Maybe Quitch means a commercial halfway into the video.
  12. zaphodx

I put ads halfway on 40 minute videos, not sure if it's too cool to do it on shorter videos.
  13. Quitch

I don't use any adblock software, but I don't recall ever seeing an ad on any of your videos.
  14. zaphodx

Dunno possibly only watching on mobile devices or in a really weird country?
  15. repellant

repellant New Member

ZaphodX, please try the "Simon says" idea, and make one of RLM members Simon, so we can hear you rage. :)
  16. Badjakker

Badjakker New Member

I didn't see any add halfway on your last video, or any recent videos and i dont use an add blocker. I guess on a 30 minute or more video that would be allright.

You spend your time making these PA casts that alot of people like to watch, so i guess watching a small commercial wouldnt be that bad, but that is my opinion.
  17. Quitch

I think you'd agree that the UK has a certain charm...

Maybe I've seen one and not noticed. You get to doing that with ads on the Internet :)
    drz1 likes this.
  18. zaphodx

19. Quitch

Zaphod, surly mother of the team.

It would be helpful if you would show the system layout at the start of the game. I got a little confused as to what was orbiting what.

That defensive nuke was awesome. Just as Zaphod sees light at the end of the tunnel, a gentle kick to the balls :) I was actually surprised how negative you were about your level of map control when it looked to me like you were ahead in that department, it's just the total disaster that was your teams energy management put you behind in the nuke race.

OK, 33:50 (game time) had me wetting myself. I was waiting for the sound of Zaphod leaving his house, driving round to his teammates' houses and gunfire. At about 36:25 I think Zaphod starts drinking. At 37:30 I think I hear sobbing.

Poor Rockka, late on the raw passive-aggressiveness of Zaphod becomes too much and he starts apologising. Poor guy. You could feel Zaphod's disapproval of his moon management oozing through the screen. Or Links, when he's trying to turn things around.

Links: We're winning
    Zaphod: No.
    Links: I'm pushing in.
    Zaphod: No.
    Links: Yeah I got this.
    Zaphod: WE'RE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED
    Links: *nukes his own defensive line*
    Links: *continues to demonstrate that this is not a guy you want with the nuclear launch codes*

The accidental nuke was fantastic :)

Isn't there an option to configure where the commander health bar mod thing goes? I recall there was. I think you'll want to move it.

Wait... what happened? WORST ******* ENDING EVER! Another valuable lesson about the importance of scouting, but this time scouting other planets. Had you known then orbital lasers would have been the move that would have won you the game because they had no counter.
    pownie, zaphodx and stormingkiwi like this.
  20. repellant

repellant New Member

Well, maybe my "Simon says" game mode idea isn't something you want to go against after hearing you rage in this last game. That would cause heart attacks. :)

Still love to see you being creative at that mode though. ;)