ORFJackal's PA videos

Discussion in 'Videos And Replays!' started by ORFJackal, December 12, 2013.

1. ORFJackal

ORFJackal Active Member

Hi all. Here's my first PA gameplay video. I started playing PA just recently, but the casts by ZaphodX et al. have been very helpful in learning the game. This is my 6th game online. I hope you can give me some hints - I'm mostly struggling with not using enough of my eco.

2. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Glad to see a new caster join the ranks!

You should submit your matches to PA Matches. :)
    http://pamatches.com/submit/

Here's a list of tips I've compiled: http://pamatches.com/commentary-tips/

My main critique is never stop talking. If people are going to watch your casts, there needs to be a reason. You need to provide interesting commentary as well as education. To be a skilled (and popular) commentator, you need to be very knowledgable about the game and provide insight into what's happening.

Just my two cents. Hope the tips help ya out.

Again, happy to see a new caster!
    Clopse and stormingkiwi like this.
  3. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

Hit metal first. Don't hit the factory.

You knew where that defensive line was. Don't walk into it.

Keep scouting. You have a CRAP load of fighters. Ants can snipe AA turrets.

You were SO lucky he didn't move against you.

T2 is all very well and good, but you have so much floating eco it's a waste, and you needed to get your T1 spam on track MUCH before you did. If he had moved those Ants through your factories and into your base you would have been screwed. Luckily he left them idle for you.

Seriously, in future, expect to see at least 50 ants strolling into your base at the 9 minute mark.

"No defenses in there" while a laser turret is in the middle of your screen.

Good expansions :) Bad spam.

Commander idle, no energy.

Nuke finishes and you ignore it.

Ultimately you win because your early attack causes him to turtle up, and you stuff up his T2 production completely.

Nice job overall :)
  4. ORFJackal

ORFJackal Active Member

Thanks for all the hints, I'll keep on practising to improve my gameplay in those aspects.

I'm ashamed of publishing my casts widely at the moment - the quality at PA Matches is so much higher. Maybe later I'll start submitting videos there too.
  5. ORFJackal

ORFJackal Active Member

Here's a new gameplay video from me.

I should have been scouting also players that are far away from me, to know who is the most dangerous opponent in this 5 player game. Also I'm still trying to get the economy in balance - this time the pendulum swung towards using eco too much.

All tips are welcome, especially regarding how to balance my economy.

6. ORFJackal

ORFJackal Active Member

I encountered a new tactic used by nlstek in this 1v1 game: Create only the 3 different kinds of T1 bots and make them all assist the commander right when they come out of the factory. Use the resulting "commander blob" to rush into the enemy base to take out their commander.

7. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

That's not really a new tactic sorry... it's basically the 101 of doing a commrush.
  8. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Nice to have a new caster :D. As effective as that strat seemed there it was executed horribly and could have easily been avoided if you expanded better. You wernt harassed all game but still remianed in a small circle. Expand better and use the air you build to scout to avoid this happeneing,
    stormingkiwi likes this.