Beta Build: 58197 -First Impressions

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by LeadfootSlim, December 11, 2013.

1. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Doesn't matter. Had PA.
    cwarner7264 and drz1 like this.
  2. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

Same nuke building. To fire an IP nuke the target planet has to be orbiting the originating planet, or the originating planet has to be in orbit around the target planet. Simply select the building, go to the target planet, click attack, click a ground location, then sit back and watch the devastation.
    cptconundrum likes this.
  3. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

So this one time I walked into bar. And the barman suggested I should play a metal planet in PA. So I loaded up the metal planet and...
  4. ericchughes

ericchughes New Member

Just played two games against the AI with this build; my thoughts:

pros

- Also dig the new factory and the building spacing seems to be a big improvement for path-finding
    - Really like that the anti-nuke coverage seems much enlarged (but maybe this isn't new and I'm just now noticing)

cons

- I found an issue where units from an air factory following a complex move order get confused and start flying in a tight circle
    - If you build something really close to a metal spot, then you can't build an advanced extractor at that location
    - One of my T1 factories would never start building anything
    - Fabbers assisting other fabbers appears to be more buggy in this build

Keep up the good work Uber!
  5. pieman2906

pieman2906 Well-Known Member

The planet you launch the nuke from has to be in orbit around, or orbited by, the planet you're targeting, other than that, the nuke works the same as it always has, you select it once the missles is ready, and then right click on the desired target.

If the terget is on another planet, the nuke will go into orbit, and then come back down on the other planet.
  6. asher42

asher42 New Member

New camera is awesome- makes the game feel so much nicer.

Pathing feels better in my quick test match ( didn't expect to notice this as much as I did )
    I noticed the selection changes as well.

all in all much easier to do what i want the game to do now- very nicely done.
  7. Arachnis

Arachnis Well-Known Member

Is it possible to send a nuke from a moon orbiting a planet to another moon orbiting the same planet?
    Last edited: December 11, 2013
  8. paulusss

paulusss Active Member

There is a bug with the new bot factories, if you place 3 bots factories right next to each other in a line, the middle one cant not build anymore because its exit paths are blocked.

EDIT: this also goes for vihicle factories, same bug
    Attalward likes this.
  9. krakanu

krakanu Well-Known Member

That happens with all factories (not air obviously), and existed before this patch. Build your bases properly. :p
    beer4blood likes this.
  10. lordwhoot

lordwhoot New Member

Good job,

I liked it more then the previous version, the Bot factory is looking awesome, and the bots are somehow easier to handle (or I could be spacing out).
    nukes who can travel to orbit planets, always nice with a cup of coffee and breakfast.
    camera is real nice, I used to fight a bit with it before the patch (also shif+1 to 0) helped me out here,
    base spacing is also a big plus!

btw, Metal extractors, why can a Adv version been build on top of it?
    and how do I use the Ubercannon (D-GUN!!)

same, its not able to (manual) target with artilary something that is in radar range but not visible.
  11. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

You are able to, it is just not showing the Attack icon when you hover.

At least, thats how it works for me.
  12. jodarklighter

jodarklighter Active Member

Just tried it in game, and it's not possible, at the moment.
  13. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Check your keyboard settings in game. I believe I had a conflict with space bar. Toggle free mode an orbital cam both used it.
  14. Ash3000k

Ash3000k Member

Can't wait to get home and try this new build! Damn this UK time zone!
    drz1 likes this.
  15. Tripax

Tripax Member

Will try the new build this evening (Europe).
    Are we actually able to move a celestial body into orbit of another one withouth commanding it to annihilate the latter?
  16. Telvi

Telvi Member

So is the umbrella also there to avoid an attack from the nukes or is the antinuke for it there? Why is the astraeus not one of the units which will be attacked from the umbrella?
  17. peewee1000

peewee1000 Member

Like others have noted here, new camera is much improved and zoom out no longer breaks immersion when changing view from planet to celestial! Also it feels smoother to me. This is a bitter sweet change though since it seems the ability to rotate planet by mouse scrolling empty space beside it was removed as a result. Here's hoping that could be squeezed back in there somehow.
    burntcustard likes this.
  18. lapsedpacifist

lapsedpacifist Post Master General

Would someone mind screenshotting the new bot factory for those of us who aren't able to play until tomorrow? :)
  19. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

elwyn, drz1 and stormingkiwi like this.
  20. ghost1107

ghost1107 Active Member

I see what you did there.

My first impression was: :eek: with a bit of drewl when I noticed the camera. I also really love the new Basic Bot Factory, but the Advanced Bot Factory still looks the same.

I couldn't shoot interplanetary nukes because I didn't have a moon. :(

EDIT:
    The spacing between T1 power is very large and quite annoying.
    stormingkiwi likes this.