Can we stop having individual threads for individual match videos?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by brianpurkiss, December 7, 2013.

1. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

I'll bring the idea of a new forum to the attention of Uber.
    In the meantime, I don't want to close this thread, so please keep the personal comments out (This includes naming people in future - keep posts general and PM the specific parties).
  2. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

The recruiting forum is underused. Put things in there.
    syox likes this.
  3. OathAlliance

OathAlliance Well-Known Member

How is it underused? The point is that people go in there, look at the clan recruitment stuff and then go to whatever "homepage" to join. There's not supposed to be 500 posts every day(as more new people come and clans they bring more activity).

Besides, if you add in videos than suddenly you'll have people in clans, complaining that every hour or so the videos push their recruitment off the first page. People will go there looking for a clan and end up only finding videos.

The LFC sub-forum is there to find clans to play with. Not to view any games people "just want to throw up". The sub-forum was requested to help unclutter the General Discussion forum area, as well as to consolidate the clan recruitment posts so that it would be easier for people to find them.
    Last edited: December 8, 2013
    SXX likes this.
  4. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

Again, is it REALLY such a major issue? I bug being found, exploited, some good content made and now the time has gone. Whenever I post my videos in my own thread normally, I must say I only see 1 or 2 other video threads and those are the regular casters' threads with many many videos in them. I barely see any 'look at my video' threads besides those.
    Question is this;
    Is it worth worrying about, or are we just wasting time because of one complaint? With everything Uber has to do, do they really want to be worrying about video threads in forums?
    Answer - No.
    FSN1977 and nanolathe like this.
  5. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

I put it forward to Uber anyway, as it has other advantages - one being a potentially great advertisement for the game if the forum was publicly viewable.
  6. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

Ah, fair enough.
  7. masterofroflness

masterofroflness Well-Known Member

This thread needs to die
    bradaz85, FSN1977 and wpmarshall like this.
  8. masterofroflness

masterofroflness Well-Known Member

or locked at the very least
    FSN1977 and wpmarshall like this.
  9. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

plz, plz, plz drope a note about the french one.
  10. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

brianpurkiss and SXX like this.