How to add more than five units to a build Queue

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by phattmattslimm, December 8, 2013.

1. phattmattslimm

phattmattslimm New Member

I've been watching a few match videos and have noticed a few gamers able to add 100+ units to a build queue with only a click or two of the mouse. At the moment, I can only add five at a time holding down the shift key.

How do they do this? I've perused the key assignment options and don't see anything in there. Or am I suffering from severe domestic blindness? :D
  2. maxpowerz

maxpowerz Post Master General

There is a mod for this in the modders forum ,, i'll find you the link if you would like it :)
  3. maxpowerz

maxpowerz Post Master General

4. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I set mine to ten. Halves the clicks of bulk build, still useful for startup build of fabbers and what not.

Then again, when i do build really massive ground army, having really high single click build makes me forget to do my rounds amongst my stuff.
  5. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

They make an alteration to one of the game files. You can do it yourself, but if you verify the files through Steam it will redownload that particular file.

It changes the shift click value from 5 to something else :) pretty good Mod.

Cola Collins hotbuild is pretty good - he adds a 're queue' command which multiplies your current queue by 50 and keeps the same order.
    maxpowerz likes this.
  6. phattmattslimm

phattmattslimm New Member

Thanks guys! Will try these out :)
  7. Noogums

Noogums New Member

Personally, I have a rapid-fire Macro set up on my mouse for general gaming purposes where clicking multiple times for simple things would end up causing injuries. I just hold shift and press it quickly, and suddenly I have 300 units queued up. If I need more, I just hold for a second, and suddenly it's 2'500.
    carlorizzante likes this.
  8. doctorfiet

doctorfiet Member

I think it's no alteration, but a mod. Meaning it will stay, even if the files are verified. It works something like:
    1. load value from internal file (value = 5)
    2. look if there is a mod that need to be taken into account
    3. load value from that mod (value = yourvalue)

You see: When the mod stays there, "yourvalue" will too.
    Last edited: December 9, 2013
  9. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

this should be in the FAQ
  10. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

how to add infinite units to your buildcue ...
    having a repeat function ;)
  11. stormingkiwi

There are two mods.

The first is modbatch.

The second is instructions how to alter the file yourself.

The first mod takes the existing variable and makes an alteration to it.

The second mod changes the existing variable directly.

The second mod means that the program doesn't need to check if there is a mod that needs to be taken into account everytime you load the game.
  12. doctorfiet

doctorfiet Member

The check will always be performed, regardless whether there is a mod or not. One should always strive to make changes that do not alter the original files.
  13. stormingkiwi

Please. You don't understand how that line of code works.

That line of code tells the computer that the number stored at the memory address of the batch build variable is now 100.

The check (is there a mod that clashes) isn't performed. When the mod runs, it changes that variable. Both ways are valid. Method two means you don't need to use a mod. Which would matter if the mod made significantly more changes to the variables of the source file.

If it alters the original file by rewriting it directly, it means your file is always the "master file", and so it's easier to deal with clashes.

(Coming from TES modding perspective, where there were some mods that were for all intents and purposes impossible because you weren't able to change the game engine, and the programmers made mistakes)
  14. doctorfiet

doctorfiet Member

Which line do you mean? How do you understand this line:

IMHO: There is no check for "is there a mod that clashes". The system does
    But I think this is better discussed in the modder subforum.
  15. stormingkiwi

I apologise for derailing this thread.

[​IMG]
  16. ghost1107

ghost1107 Active Member

I think it would be nice if changing the shift click number could be done ingame. On the other hand if you could place your factories on repeat or infinite, adding 100 units with shift wouldn't be nessesary.
    phattmattslimm and stormingkiwi like this.