[Feature request] Unit vetarancy

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by krobinne, December 7, 2013.

1. krobinne

krobinne New Member

Hello,

Is there a levelling rate to be in the game?
    If not would be nice to have one, and nice to see how many kills a unit has performed
  2. SXX

SXX Post Master General

https://forums.uberent.com/threads/confirmed-features-list-2-0.44950/
    But I'm waiting for simple kills counter too. :)

PS: It's bad idea to create new topic for each thing.
  3. krobinne

krobinne New Member

mmm, to bad. Thanks for the info.
    Would love to have the counter. I know my defences are doing a lot of damage, but some numbers would be great.

For the topics, Since the topic subjects are not related i thought would be better to handle them sep...
  4. thesonderval

thesonderval Member

Still could have them as one topic under feature request.

The Search button is your friend.
  5. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

This is already answered through the FAQ and the Confirmed Features list.

No unit veterinary.

Edit: Aside form the Commander, units don't last long in PA.
    Last edited: December 7, 2013
  6. SleepWarz

SleepWarz Active Member

Although I'm not sure weather they have veto'd just a simple counter. No veteran status for units though as has been said.
  7. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

Shoot... Imagine defensive turrets with veterancy....

You'd never have a good day.
  8. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I watch all these other threads get necro'd, and all these other scrubby repeat threads get made, and I miss having all the fun of contributing to these. But I actually can today because I had an idea.

Unit veterancy makes no sense in a world of robots. Also, the gameplay is silly behind it. Gameplay wise, if it is as little of a bonus as possible then it won't matter, because units are so likely to die when they are so paper thin anyway, and thus this is probably a design waste, so I don't fully expect this to go anywhere, just discussing it aloud....

...However, in the future for anyone considering veterancy or a mod for such, since this game has to do with robots, instead of making it nonsensical, lets call it "calibration"?

If a unit sees so much combat, does so much damage or gets so many kills or receives so much damage without dying or whatever, perhaps the veterancy bonus he sees should be called "calibration", a bonus for his parts functions and features having been used enough to more quickly perform functions from memory of prior performances?

Welp, that was fun, time to go back to actually contributing anything and stop necro'ing and creating duplicate threads :p
  9. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

You could calibrate your guns by firing into the sides of mountains.

You could calibrate the alignment of wheels and treads by driving about in circles.

I thought about this exact idea for Sup2, then realised that it made no sense because combat itself was independent from calibrating things. If you're fine with getting veterancy from things outside of combat, then it's a great idea. Otherwise, we're talking about lipstick on a pig.
  10. thetrophysystem

I was just thinking. Lipstick on a pig is really the insult you give "veterancy" and "experience" to mindless robots. This is at least a better concept. Technically, you COULD get calibration from shooting at a mountain, or switching back and forth from two rocks or scorch marks, but the idea still works if veterancy ever did exist, and with modding that is definitely more likely than not.
  11. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

As a SupCom 2 player.

It gets real old, fast.
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  12. thetrophysystem

It is a balance thing. Really, right now turrets are right alongside units, paper thin, don't last long. If it met a requirement of surviving so much damage (2-3 times it's own health, requires it being repaired) AS WELL AS a killcount, then it would basically be rewarding the input of resources, and as long as it was capped at one increase that isn't terribly powerful (still paper thin and not much more effective), then it won't be farmed for power because it's not terribly powerful.

Again, all balance concerns. I don't want it in the game, which is fine because there is literally no chance it will be, but this is discussing people's feelings torwards it as potential for player mods.
  13. igncom1

Im still not a fan.

The shouldn't it be in the mod section of the forum?
  14. thetrophysystem

You mean, shouldn't I create a duplicate thread where one exists, and don't use the search feature?

YOU do that and get yelled at by brianpurkiss, I will not even dare trespass into that territory. Then again, the point of my original post here is that it is actually bad for me to post this here, in a new thread, or the mod forum. It is either necromancy which has been banned in Cyrodil for years, or duplicate posting which thins out the important forum topics.
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  15. igncom1

A mix of your joking, sarcasm and my cold makes this really hard to understand.....I need to lay down.
    thetrophysystem likes this.
  16. thetrophysystem

Just saying. I did what I was asked. "This has been discussed before, don't make duplicate threads, use the search feature".
    igncom1 likes this.