ZaphodX's PA videos - updated daily

Discussion in 'Videos And Replays!' started by zaphodx, July 17, 2013.

1. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

I wonder whether Uber would consider using some of your videos (or other casters, too, like Brian) on their home page, as a sort of advertising? You would probably have to cut out the "effing and jeffing", but I think it would be good for the games marketing, seeing it played at a higher level.
  2. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

So they'd have a grand total of about 2 minutes of usable footage, right?
    Clopse, mered4 and drz1 like this.
  3. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

yup, and none of it would be exciting. "What, he's sending death blobs and nukes at me??" Cuts to "and there you have it, hope you enjoyed the video, see you next time".
    ViolentMind and zaphodx like this.
  4. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

5. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

drz1 likes this.
  6. superouman

superouman Post Master General

I wish replays were implemented at this moment so i could watch what was hapenning on the main planet.
    drz1 likes this.
  7. adeets

adeets New Member

Why don't you create a pa tutoring business to bring in a couple more dollars?

Also I think you may be over using the word epic... But I think that may be a global flaw in this day and age.
  8. superouman

superouman Post Master General

I'd rather say Zaphod doesn't use enough the words Amazing, incredible, huge, nukes and pro player.
    Just sayin'
    zaphodx and stormingkiwi like this.
  9. zaphodx

Ahh I just thought this game was really epic, probably one of my favourites so far :)

I could do tutoring but I don't think there would be much of a market for it, maybe sometime later in release.
  10. Timevans999

Timevans999 Active Member

Your right about staying close.
  11. Nullimus

Nullimus Well-Known Member

12. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

I've seen that thing with the tank happen with bots before too, and your orbital fighters did it later on too.

What you really need is for the other guys to record so you can cut the stream together from the most exciting bits. Once you've won your battle I'm hearing all this cool stuff happening, but watching a guy queueing MEXs :)

Can we get a voice roll call in the future? I think I'm figuring out who is who, but towards the end I realised I'd combined two voices into one person :)

Awesome game though, primarily for the fantastic surprise and team "oh ****" reaction at 16:30 (that was an epic moment). With more orbital possibilities it would have been awesome. Also makes me think this isn't going to be a 1v1 game like most RTSs, but rather that shared resource team games will be the way to go. Eyeballs on every planet but all the actions linked together by one economy.

They need to sort out that planet explosion. I don't think I've ever seen it outside a trailer!
    Last edited: December 4, 2013
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  13. mered4

I got one today, and I have NEVER gotten one. Unfortunately, that planet was a size 4 and filled with units, so my game froze for a good 30 seconds. Epic nevertheless.

I think they hotfixed it.
  14. zaphodx

15. keterei

keterei Active Member

Your videos helped me to improve when I was starting out. :)
    stormingkiwi, drz1 and zaphodx like this.
  16. mered4

I thought I was the only one....
    drz1 likes this.
  17. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

I can't blame you for losing track of what was going on. My brain melted about halfway through that game, and I started really struggling to keep up. The new camera is going to make this all a lot easier to handle.
  18. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

I have also found that, upon starting to play the game "fur REALz", I seemed to be able to get to grips with it quicker, thanks to your videos. Keep it up!
  19. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Well, I chuckled when I was watching a double nuke happen on the left and Zaphod kept following them with the camera but not noticing. Most frustrating was when he kept checking the wrong lava planet. IT'S THE OTHER ONE, CHECK THE OTHER ONE!

"I'm going back to the main planet now"

ARGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

57 minutes in Zaphod figures it out thanks to the moon floating across the background :) Actually, he mentions early on that he got the two confused, then immediately forgets.

"I'm not sure what happened" says Zaphod staring at a large explosion zone with commander wreckage where previously he'd been watching a living commander only a minute before :)
    Last edited: December 5, 2013
  20. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

Yeah, I think we had both lava planets before he even noticed that there were two of them.o_O

We were pretty confused when he switched over to our Teamspeak to ask why we were still playing, when we had a moon headed right at their main planet. This game was just impossible to follow after a certain point, with all the lag and orbital lines drawn all over.