7v7 cast with The Realm clan and the legend Brad Nicholson

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by masterofroflness, December 4, 2013.

1. masterofroflness

masterofroflness Well-Known Member

*mod removed - enough with that please*
    Last edited by a moderator: December 4, 2013
  2. masterofroflness

Realms pov and

brians pov
    brianpurkiss likes this.
  3. krakanu

krakanu Well-Known Member

Nice match, the game really shines when both sides are aggressive and the planet was just the right size to promote conflict over territory. In too many matches the map is just way too big and people turtle up and rush for the game ending units or build up a deathball of units.

I hate to continuously nitpick your videos, but I dislike it that you have the icons always on even when zoomed in very close. Its nice to see the actual units from time to time, especially if you're going to zoom in on the action. I know last time I suggested turning off the unit HP bars, but what I meant was having them only display on wounded units. It's really only needed for commanders though so its not a big deal. Most other units don't live long once they start getting hit anyways. Overall nice videos though!
    brianpurkiss likes this.
  4. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

You did a great job with this game. I love when the narrator gets really excited like this.
  5. superouman

superouman Post Master General

Sick match guys, that was really entertaining to watch.
  6. gunshin

gunshin Well-Known Member

I actually get really frustrated when people DONT have them on. The units are incredibly hard to differetiate from each other, and having icons on allows me to tell what is going on.
    syox, cola_colin, Quitch and 2 others like this.
  7. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

an uber "dev" ??? dude, he's their community manager, he's not an uber dev.
  8. thekiller666

thekiller666 Active Member

SSSSt, it's marketing. ;)
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  9. doctorfiet

doctorfiet Member

Hey masterofroflness,

I like your PA vids, but PLEASE: slow down your speech. Especially for non - native speakers you're pretty damn hard to understand...
  10. masterofroflness

I was very very very tired when I made the tags
  11. masterofroflness

Gosh feedback Im so confused on which one to follow. I do agree the cluster **** of healthbars ruins the videos but it also allows the for myself and audience to distinguish between the various units the players are using. Same with the unit icons but im not really sure what to say im a little bit undecided which method to utilize
  12. masterofroflness

Sorry mate Im a fast talker but ill try a little bit more to slow down but if im pumped then stuff like this happens
  13. krakanu

Well in the default mode, hp bars only display when units are wounded, and icons only display when zoomed out a certain distance. That way the information pops up when you need it, and goes away when you don't. That's mostly what I was suggesting. I didn't even know you could toggle icons/hp bars always on until I saw this video.
  14. masterofroflness

Ill link into fixing this sort of stuff so future games don`t turn into giant cluster fucks
  15. gunshin

gunshin Well-Known Member

I dont mind so much about the health bars, but saying that icons only pop up when you zoom out because thats the only useful place is just wrong. Even up close its incredibly hard to differetiate units. Its the whole reason why a lot of us campaigned to get the icon always on option into the game.

Im here to watch a game of awesome player skill, not to watch a cinematic of tanks shooting tanks.

Edit: Are there any good players that dont play with icons always on? im actually curious to know how many dont
    syox likes this.
  16. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Always on icons are basically mandatory to get a watchable video or a playable game at all. How can you possibly see anything without icons? A unit without icon is near invisible to me :eek:
  17. krakanu

TBH I usually play zoomed out far enough that the icons always appear regardless. If I'm zoomed in so far that icons go away then I can't see enough of the battlefield to do anything useful anyways. The only times I zoom in is if things are cluttered and I'm trying to pick out a single unit or if I just want to see the action for a bit.
  18. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Place buildings or micro units?
  19. krakanu

I'm usually zoomed out when placing buildings, usually their exact position doesn't matter and if you're throwing down dozens of them it helps to see a larger area. I suppose I zoom in when microing my commander sometimes, but I can easily tell the units apart when that close...
  20. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

And he is a member of our team. He is a dev. A little respect, please. :)

Master.. dang man.. do you ever pause for breath?!