will the game require disc to play

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by melhem19, November 29, 2013.

1. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Do they still offer the flash drive at the store?
  2. SXX

SXX Post Master General

But Steam is not DRM-free and If there will be offline distributors they most likely will sell Steam keys basically because when Uber sell Steam keys they don't need to pay for CDN for example.
  3. maxpowerz

maxpowerz Post Master General

By that i mean if you get game (not Steam Version ,, Uber Version) off friend and install it on your PC it will work no registration, pass and play style :p
    Great for LAN not everyone needs to buy a copy, they only need activation keys if they want extra content and commanders.

But yes it will be hard to find distributor that give copy of game without keys or free download site.
  4. heyiisrandom

heyiisrandom New Member

before you get angry you should actually read what has been said knickles clearly said

what he (I'm guessing) is saying is that in the PAST Uber have not released a physical copy of OTHER games. He is not referring to this game which is currently in beta, the point he is making is that past behavior is, as we all know, a very good indicator of future behavior, hence the joke about making a poll.... chill out... and read before you react....maybe you won't get trolled so much
  5. SXX

SXX Post Master General

I seriously doubt any offline distributor will agree to sell non-Steam versions because it's just more risk for them.

DRM-free it's usually option for online sales for people who understand what is DRM and why it's bad.
    maxpowerz likes this.
  6. maxpowerz

Oh yeah i miss-understood your first comment . lol
    Yeah no one but uber will sell non-steam version :) for that reason too much risk.
    Every game in my local retailer is steam keyed, unless it's a rare title that isn't shipped on steam.
  7. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Yep. Any offline distributor planning sales for years, e.g they know that even after 2-3 years after release some of their partner shops still might have unsold boxes. Any developer can just go bankrupt or disappear and for offline distributor it's unacceptable to sell such keys.
  8. maxpowerz

I don't like DRM it makes it very difficult to play games on Driveless device's and the other DRM needs online communication.
    I just generally don't like DRM it add's extra un-needed coding time to a game just to stop it from being ripped off for maybe a week or less.. lol
  9. SXX

SXX Post Master General

With Steam devs can not use any protection and distribute unchanged executable, but Steam itself still DRM.
  10. melhem19

melhem19 Active Member

can PA game download be paused or download later or download again if download failed?
    it seem i have pre-order now
    luckily the price is still for now 45$ not 60$
  11. knickles

knickles Well-Known Member

If you purchase it through steam, yeah
  12. melhem19

melhem19 Active Member

i don't have steam, and i don't like it either
  13. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

I don't think physical distribution is within their budget.
  14. maxpowerz

Steam downloads can be paused..

But No it can't be paused in the uber launcher but it does resume if it fails during download if using the uber launcher...
  15. melhem19

melhem19 Active Member

so i pre-ordered now what?
  16. knickles

knickles Well-Known Member

You could try Uber launcher, but I don't know how well it handles disconnects

sux dood
  17. maxpowerz

When ??
  18. maxpowerz

When your pre-order is ready they will send you an e-mail with your key to play.
    Then you can sign into the store and download the uber launcher client to download and play the game :)
  19. melhem19

melhem19 Active Member

just now
  20. maxpowerz

https://store.uberent.com/Account/MyAccount
    go here and activate your key , there is links there to download the installer (Uber Launcher)
    One you have the installer sign in with your uber account..
    tada ,, it should download :)