will the game require disc to play

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by melhem19, November 29, 2013.

1. melhem19

melhem19 Active Member

will the require disc to play, when the retail is launched?
    i hope not
  2. SXX

SXX Post Master General

I'm seriously doubt there will be any disks except for people who paid $250.

But anyway game it's DRM-free, it's mean there won't be any protection except account requirement for playing though UberNet.
  3. melhem19

melhem19 Active Member

the thing is that i am going to pre-order the retail when its available or buy the retail when its available in my country. so i hope the game won't require disc to play
  4. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

There isnt a guarantee that there even will be a retail disc available at all.

It has been confirmed that there wont be a disc in the 250+ package. It is only a box for the tshirts and stuff.
    No point in printing a cd, as it will be outdated the moment it is printed.
  5. melhem19

melhem19 Active Member

won't the retail version contain a disc?, that is when the game is released, i know that the current pre-orders don't contain disc( the game is downloaded)
  6. knickles

knickles Well-Known Member

They're not going to sell a physical copy in stores, if that's what you mean.
  7. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Discs won't be a requirement – if they're even available for purchase.
  8. Bastilean

Bastilean Active Member

Wut?
  9. melhem19

melhem19 Active Member

i hardly believe and doubt that there won't be physical copies when the game launches
  10. knickles

lol okay mang, keep beliebing

all of ubers past titles have been pure digital. That's not to say this can't change if the game does well enough, but I don't see it happening.
  11. melhem19

melhem19 Active Member

man, is beta, the game is not done yet.
    of course they would not release psychical copy before launch!!:mad:
  12. knickles

i agree, let's make a poll :mad:
    heyiisrandom and SXX like this.
  13. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Oh, thanks, didn't know that.
  14. melhem19

melhem19 Active Member

Uber used the support of backer to help make this game real, so Uber gave the backer and the pre-orders early access to Alpha and beta, that does not proves that Uber will not make psychical copies of PA

for example if the creative assembly chose to use the community to make Total war Rome 2, they would consider giving early access as Uber did.
  15. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

The point is that Uber stated there is a high probability that there wont be a retail disc.
  16. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

There will be a "flash drive" for those who got one.

I kickstarted for the $100 package, and got a flash drive added to that.

I say that because of two things; One, it is CONFIRMED BY DEVS AT KICKSTARTER that it is a digital game but will not have drm so one could burn it to their own disc if they like, two is because it isn't technically true it has no physical form you can buy it in because there was an argument way back then and it made the devs offer a flash drive.

Everyone is right. Digital discs are out of date. Everyone complaining about the earlier plans for Xbox One, should see how steam is and should realize that is GOING to happen very soon.
  17. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Obviously Uber can do anything they like, but any disk will just contain Steam or UberNet activation code. If PA will be successful for Uber I sure it's will be updated really often and it's mean disk it's just peace of plastic

E.g they still can make deal with offline distributors, but actual disk won't be mater at all because there will be UberNet or Steam key inside box and to install game you'll have to use it anyway.
  18. melhem19

melhem19 Active Member

well it matters to me
    i don't have a good internet to download PA online
  19. maxpowerz

maxpowerz Post Master General

When it's released I think the game will be completely DRM free..
    That means if you download it and install it from uber then it does not need registration, so you can play without an account,,
    But if you want your extra content or mods from the uber store you will need an activated account, either Steam or Uber (as steam links to uber anyway and joins the accounts)

Game will be about 1.5gb - 2gb max
    And I'm sure you can install it on 2 or more PC's without registering it so you can Play LAN with friends without need for an account online.
  20. SXX

SXX Post Master General

PA it's only about 500MB downloads and most likely it's will be never more than 1-1.5GB.
    maxpowerz likes this.