Livestream TODAY! 11AM! Drop Your Questions Here!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by BradNicholson, November 26, 2013.

1. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Nobody answered this gent up until now?

Yes, any preorders are given a key to get in. Any form of buying this game lets you download and play immediately, to the best of my knowledge.

Just the usual disclaimer though, read the steam and store pages and such, this game is not finished and missing a lot of features, its technically possible to play beginning to end but something might break the game midway or something might make playing difficult, yada yada. As long as your familiar with that.
    drz1 likes this.
  2. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

There is no combat edition at the moment. Currently the warfare edition for $45 gives you instant beta access.

https://store.uberent.com/Store/PreOrder?titleId=4
  3. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Well, I wasn't specific, so I should be.

The warfare edition is $45 and gives you access right now. It is available on Steam and on Uberent. He linked the Uberent store. It has a non-steam standalone launcher, and either way you buy the game you can use it with or without steam.

He linked the developer store because it is preferred. We say that because the developers of the game get the whole purchase, while steam takes a percent of sales for all steam sales. Either way, you can buy on standalone launcher store and get a Steam key for the steam download, or you can buy from Steam and just download the standalone launcher and use it without steam afterwards. You can use both launchers, either way you buy it, for the same price. Everyone just supports the dev store because more money goes to help them with the game and Valve has enough money already.
    drz1 likes this.
  4. kryovow

kryovow Well-Known Member

the livestream was great, but it would have been much greater if garat had "casted" the game. I guess the action going on between Zaphod and some of the other players would have shown the greatness of the game much better....

Maybe you should get some 2v2 and 3v3 with good players for the next livestream. You say it yourself, most of your team dont play the game well. How will it represent the full potential of your game then? It wont!

it's like an aerospace engineer flying a supersonic fighter. Its not a good idea xD
  5. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

Just wanted to congratulate you on a livestream well done! Some people have suggested in the past that a livestream is a waste of time and money. I would have to disagree, as I think it is an excellent way of reinvigorating both fans and staff, to see such enthusiasm from both sides. It also acts as a reminder to the fans that you guys (and gals) are all still PEOPLE, with their own lives (or not, if you are crunchmaster Mavor :p). I also find it makes me more excited for features that I would otherwise have considered "minor", such as the seamless camera that you debuted last night. Anyway, have a great Thanksgiving weekend (we don't celebrate it here in blighty, although any excuse for a huge food gathering is usually welcome :p) and come back refreshed and revitalised to start really pumping out updates!
    Keep it up!
    Quitch likes this.
  6. Arachnis

Arachnis Well-Known Member

This was the best livestream I've seen from you guys, yet.
    It answered many, if not all of my questions. Now I'm even more eager to see on what you guys are going to do with this game until release.
    drz1 likes this.
  7. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

Loved today's stream. Talk and walk-through of the camera by Ryan was great.
    DeadStretch likes this.
  8. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Zaphod has uploaded the game as a POV cast.
  9. kryovow

kryovow Well-Known Member

yeah but it would maybe hit more viewers if it was officially streamed by uber^^
  10. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

I'm not so sure of that. Zaph's sitting pretty on 6k subs now :p
  11. kalherine

kalherine Active Member

I didnt saw nothing new, i have saw 2 months ago.
  12. ghost1107

ghost1107 Active Member

Then you should look beter. :p

Hint: system view
    cola_colin likes this.
  13. superouman

superouman Post Master General

Please keep the frictionless camera option available. It will be very useful for very slow camera movements for timelapses.
  14. kalherine

kalherine Active Member

system view,what system view its the same ...
    Like i said all keeps the same, what you guys are see that im not...
    Last edited: November 28, 2013
  15. ghost1107

ghost1107 Active Member

Please, watch the vid of the live-stream. If you did that already you should know what I'm talking about.

Also there is no way that you saw this live-stream 2 months ago.

PS. Playing ignorant isn't helpfull when you are having a discussion.
  16. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

I don't think kalherine is worried about helping the discussion so much as sinking it.
    drz1 likes this.
  17. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

The devs also answered a TON of fan questions, although I'm guessing you just skipped the talking...

meh, negative person is negative.
  18. duncane

duncane Active Member

While I appreciated all the info on whats coming in fairness to Kalherine we haven't had any new units (or any gameplay or UI features?) since the beta started on Sept 26th.
  19. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

Start reading from here: https://forums.uberent.com/threads/build-tracking-thread-updated-when-it-is.51585/#post-796956

Uber has been quite busy with smoothing out the performance (like they said on the stream) but we've also got a few new units (single laser tower and space radar), AI upgrades, new art, and a lot of other improvements.
  20. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni