Units variety

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by botralouf, November 25, 2013.

1. cmdandy

cmdandy Active Member

People's expectations came from a post by Neutrino in the early days of Alpha. He said he was aiming for 100 units in the end unit pool. Unfortunately many people didn't realise we were including structures in that 100.
    Oh well, I hope the modding aspect is going to be as good as they say it is.
  2. arsene

arsene Active Member

You are living in a fantasy world. Those mods will be relegated to obscurity because nobody will play them. They are not desirable, because they will be a mess with badly designed units with overlapping roles. Furthermore, a high amount of units (100s..) will make the game inaccessible for new players that will be utterly confused why there would be 5 different types of tanks that all behave slightly differently. I don't think it adds interesting strategic choices to the game (frustrating/meaningless ones rather) This isn't a card game that would be served by a thousand subtly different cards.

That said, they could introduce a few more units or work to spice up the existing ones, but that's really different from having hundreds of units.
  3. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

I think having 6 units basic land/air & 6 for adv land/air is a pretty good number. Anyways a lot of the units in supcom were the same unit basically just more powerful to make up the diff tech levels. Really the main units can be summed up into scout, tank, artillery, mobile missle launcher, bot, mobile AA for land. Hopefully we get very different units as far as strategy goes. We are pretty much at supcom numbers for everything..
  4. nlspeed911

nlspeed911 Member

Well, have you ever heard of Zero-K?
  5. kalherine

kalherine Active Member

I think 4 units for t1 and 4 units for t2,its moore then enouth to a rts with epic tactics and epic massive battles has they have say .

Im really hapy like it is.

So wy you want moore?