Confirmed Features List 2.0

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by KNight, March 27, 2013.

1. KNight

KNight Post Master General

You're about 8 days behind the curve here! ;p

Mike
  2. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

better late then never -_- ...
    unfurtunately with new players and intrested people the ammout of clonethreads is skyrocketing ...
    so yeah we need some stickies quickly
  3. Culverin

Culverin Post Master General

Are stickies a moderators thing?
  4. KNight

It depends, it's certainly can be something that moderators are capable of if the settings are done that way but even if they are Stickies might some something the Devs want to handle themselves given the nature of the forums.

Mike
  5. JesterMalone

JesterMalone New Member

Man it has to feel good when an UBER comes down and validates everything you are doing.

Props KNight for all the work. I am jealous of your UBERtreatment here.
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  6. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Was this thread unstickied?
  7. KNight

I take it you haven read the 10 recents posts then :p

Mike
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  8. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Crap. I do have an excuse - I'm browsing from my phone.
  9. KNight

So am I right now ;p No excuses! xD

Mike
  10. quigibo

quigibo Member

Knight, if you have the time, could you post a 3.0 version of this?
  11. siefer101

siefer101 Active Member

yes please
  12. KNight

What would a 3.0 version accomplish? What in the current list is out of date/incorrect?

Mike
  13. siefer101

siefer101 Active Member

14. KNight

And you're saying that kind of stuff requires a completely new thread/version?

Mike
  15. quigibo

quigibo Member

I really don't know, it was just a thought that I had.
  16. melhem19

melhem19 Active Member

the confirmed features list should be updated
    some confirmed features are now implanted (eg area command)
    brianpurkiss likes this.
  17. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

So after going through this thread again I think it needs another update.

[CONFIRMED] Mega-games (40 player event matches, etc) - would be nice to have a link to at least one big game from when that exploit was found (I think the most players was around 25) as well as a link to explanation where uber said that this feature is present, but disabled until servers gat more work

[CONFIRMED] Wreckage (reclaimable): this has been fully implemented, right? Or an I missing something.

[UNCONFIRMED] Mining/exploiting planets for resources: - wait what? What are mexes then? Also you can build power generators on other planets, right? doesn't that count as exploiting the planet for its resources.

[UNCONFIRMED] Tutorial: - well there's the tutorial video, but I'm not sure if that qualifies.

[UNCONFIRMED] Artillery warfare: - stompers, shellers, pelters, catapults, holkings, nukes, Barracuda and stingray.

[UNCONFIRMED] Transports: - Well technically the Astraeus is a transport.

[WILL NOT BE PRESENT] Space combat: - Should be moved into unconfirmed i think, since Neutrino did say (after flaws with orbital became clear) that he's unsure how the new orbital is going to work and that maybe (but this was just an idea he threw out, it hadn't been considered at all at the time) orbital fighters will be able to do this. We only know that it's going to be earlier in tech tree and that we will be building space stations with orbital fabbers.

[SUGGESTION] Orbital constructions - Wasn't this confirmed.

[SUGGESTION] Limited unit fuel, ammo, energy, etc - well bombers and orbital laser have limited ammo.

[CONFIRMED] 4 Commander 'Types'/'Skeletons' - Well delta and alpha are not here to stay (at least not for everyone), but we do already have 4 commanders

[CONFIRMED] Ice planets - in there since forever, but they do use the earth template with temperature set to 0.

[CONFIRMED] Water planets: - again - in there, but in the same manner as ice planets.

[UNCONFIRMED] Orbital simulation of planet motion (which can be affected by player): - wasn't this confirmed? (Moving asteroids and planets form one orbit to another with halleys)

[CONFIRMED] Area commands/Line Building - IMPLEMENTED

[UNCONFIRMED] Adding orders to the beginning of the order queue (see here): #1 - this one is present twice on the list. - under user interface and gameplay features.

[SUGGESTION] Adjustable keybindings - literally 4 lines below [IMPLEMENTED] Adjustable keybindings

[SUGGESTION] Custom formations, see e.g. here - wasn't this confirmed?

[SUGGESTION] Chat lobbies in-game
    [SUGGESTION] Friends system, with tournaments and other events (e.g. planned mega-game events)
    [SUGGESTION] Live TV/replay function (e.g. for tournaments) - aren't all these implemented?

[CONFIRMED] Twitch.tv Integrated Streaming: - implemanted
    brianpurkiss likes this.
  18. MrTBSC

On commanders ... exclude everything that is alpha preorder or beta commander ... so afaik there are only 2 comms for all players wich are the spider and raptor ... delta and alpha are exclusive as will be progenitors and theta ... 3 skeletons are used 1 still missing but also 2 all player commanders
  19. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

You're incorrect. There are more Commanders in the pipeline. All players will have access to more than just two Commanders.
    All 100+ Commanders (including the $1000+ backers) will use one of the 4 skeleton rigs. We're missing one so far, which, if the files are to be believed will be a " Tank Class " Commander; so probably tank treads.

That last part is just a guess though. There have been many Commanders hidden in the files and most of them don't seem to have gotten past the concept phase.
  20. MrTBSC

In the pipeline doesnt mean available to players
    also some of the current and later available commanders are exclusives to earlyacces bakers and preorderers and will be locked to release players
    Last edited: December 30, 2013