Livestream TODAY! 11AM! Drop Your Questions Here!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by BradNicholson, November 26, 2013.

1. kalherine

kalherine Active Member

Important issue on the sea.
    There is a complete lack of naval fleet strategically as part of this game.
    The viable options so far, are being buried has tactical options for this game.

Will we have a part of the team, have a serious commitment to the entire naval fleet, as balance between air attacks missil and anti-missile ships,subs , land attacks and other.

What Uber team is think for naval fleet to the different maps, because has all notice ,is being forgotten and discarded by more than half of the players.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: November 27, 2013
  2. masterofroflness

masterofroflness Well-Known Member

3. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

Can we get any update on the status of anti-nukes? Last i checked they were rather broken/ineffective.
  4. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

Read this and you will find amazing details about Galactic War:;)

PSA - What Galactic War actually is.
  5. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

My sources are somewhere in these two threads:
    https://forums.uberent.com/threads/game-status-brain-dump.54188/
    https://forums.uberent.com/threads/big-update-next-week.54046/
  6. masterofroflness

masterofroflness Well-Known Member

already got an answer already but thank you
  7. doud

doud Well-Known Member

Have asked this many times and did not have any clear answer yet (maybe because it's not top priorityn which i understand) but i would appreciate an answer (other than we're thinking about it) :

1) Are Air Fighters trajectories going to be improved and look like as realistic as Air bombers trajectories are from very early alpha ?
    2) Are Nuke trajectories going to be improved so that they describe a single elipse while flying from launch site to target ?
    3) Are biomes going to be improved so that we can take advantage of Heights ?
    4) Are units formations going to be implemented ?
    5) What are the plans for eventually scaling down or not units ? Major concern is about naval units which really look like oversized
    6) what are the plans for the "minimap" or any other system that would help the player to visualize threats which are visible thanks to radar but placed on the hidden part of the planet ?

Thanks !
  8. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

I swear his display pic uber logo dude has bigger biceps than normal :p
    mushroomars likes this.
  9. TehOwn

TehOwn Member

Have you finalized a launch (v1.0) feature set and if so, are there any key features that are going to be implemented later than hoped and any that will be (or have been) implemented earlier than expected?
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  10. Nayzablade

Nayzablade Active Member

Regarding Asteroid/Planetary collisions:

Will they always be an extinction level event for a planet, or will it be determined by the size of the KEW and the size of the Planet? In other words, is it possible to only blow up half the planet? :)

Cheerz,
    Nayzablade
  11. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

What other graphical changes are coming? The water still looks shockingly bad in my opinion is there any chance you guys are going to re-vamp the entire water graphics? just simply looking at next gen games like AC4, Battlefield 4, COD Ghosts, though vastly different game genre's yes, but even taking a look at the pictures above here for C&C Red Alert 3, that water is so superior to PA's water, it almost makes a mockery of how impressive Naval Battles can actually be.

Is incorporating SLi on the cards at all? I think its still quite an important feature to add for those of us that do actually have 2 cards, and there are a lot of gamers out there that do.
  12. abuk007

abuk007 New Member

People talked alot about the scale.
    Did you consider reducing units/building sizes to enchance the 'majestic scale' and 'size realism' of war ?
    and ..... What is love?
  13. ChickenEggroll

ChickenEggroll New Member

When the Unit Launcher is introduced, will it render the Astraeus obsolete and useless? Will there be any units the unit launcher will not be able to launch? Will there be any speed difference between the unit launcher and Astraeus? Will the Astraeus still serve any purpose?
  14. xystus234

xystus234 New Member

I signed up to ask this, will there be deep space combat? Will there be space ships? Like could I build a fleet in one system and send it to another one? Would I be able to engage fleets in interstellar space? Could I build a star fleet with enough firepower to destroy a planet?

And on another note, is it possible that one could encounter indigenous fauna and alien races while running around conquering the galaxy in Galactic War?
  15. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

I imagine the unit cannon would be far more expensive than a single transport.
  16. duncane

duncane Active Member

Do you like the idea of having Anti air bot/tank units also be able to shoot ground units and out range missile towers as in TA?
  17. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

What is the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything?
  18. maxpowerz

maxpowerz Post Master General

LavaSnake likes this.
  19. teg198

teg198 New Member

1. Can we build walls by clicking and dragging? Clicking for each block is a bit much

2. Any word on making commanders able to float somehow? It seems building on a water planet can get frustrating when looking for your commander under an ocean all the time.

3. Another vote for when alliances will be an option, would be nice to play with the ability to restrict who can control the units that I build.

4. any plan to be able to adjust the AI behavior? Right now they expand and build everywhere, but it would be nice to face an AI that turtles a little more or rushes. Always fun to practice against the AI with friends before going into a real match.

5. any time frame on releasing the ability to pick different starting planets per person/AI?
  20. Heizmeister

Heizmeister Member

Are the Uber-Servers going to be upgraded for more performance as soon as the game is released and when can we expect the next client-side performance enhancement?