The metal in the game should be as it was befor

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by dailymuppet, November 25, 2013.

1. dailymuppet

dailymuppet New Member

The metal in the game should be as it was befor, because it makes it extremely hard to coop with you're economy.:(:eek: the metal extractors will easily get destroyed and in that way you will lose pretty dam easily.
    thank for reading and i hope you will read more stuff that i want to change in this game. good day.:D:D:cool:

Make shore that you like or dislike for support.
    kalherine and stormingkiwi like this.
  2. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

3. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

I did not understand a thing :(
    stuart98 and Gunman006 like this.
  4. liquius

liquius Well-Known Member

Do you mean the metal points should be grouped up more? If so then have a look at planet generation and look at the place holder metal sliders. Its on the way.
  5. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

Are you asking for the game to be more like older games, so that you rely less on metal extractors? The community seems pretty clearly against that, as the PA style of gameplay forces you to expand and build a base over the entire planet instead of just one single fortress.

If someone is killing your metal extractors and you can't stop them, try killing their extractors too.
  6. BradNicholson

BradNicholson Uber Employee Uber Alumni

Not 100 percent sure what you're referring to but ... we're re-working metal spot generation to make it much more consistent on spawns. We want people to get a good start. Should be ready soon.
  7. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

I'm not sure what you're talking about. What was it like before?

Are you talking about quantity and placement of metal spots? Uber is working on metal spot generation. There's even going to be a slider so you can customize how much metal you want.

And there is no dislike feature on the forums.
  8. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

And I feel with good reason.

We don't want to get all circle-jerky.
  9. beer4blood

beer4blood Active Member

As long as all spawn has a relatively even metal count I'm happy...... I'm all for forced expansion. Screw the turtles!!!!! No fun spawning on ten mex locations.
  10. popededi

popededi Well-Known Member

I had the AI spawn on a group of 7 last night, I only got 2 nearby.... But thankfully we were close and I could do a pelter creep before it noticed I exist.

To actually add to the thread: I don't understand what OP is trying to say.
    stuart98 likes this.
  11. beer4blood

beer4blood Active Member

No one does.....
    stuart98 and popededi like this.
  12. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

It's mind boggling to me how hard it must be to try and LEARN English for use in an everyday setting, especially with all these idiosyncrasies and colloquialisms....Also not sure what OP is trying to say, can you clarify a little bit?

P.S. I think Brad must have cleared his workload for the big update (YESSSSSS) as he's poking around more now-a-days :p
    stuart98 likes this.
  13. Neumeusis

Neumeusis Active Member

I think OP is talking about early build0s, when Metal was plentyful.
    Hundreds of metal sports all over the map.
    It's only in a "recent" build that the metal spots were reduced drasticly.
    That was at first impopular, because it slowed down the game, but it looks like the feedback changed with time...
  14. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Are we talking Heavy Metal or Death Metal? :D
    cola_colin likes this.
  15. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Sweet.

And I wouldn't mind something in the middle, where you have more metal points but t2 metal extractors produced less metal.
  16. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Somehow actually by now I think (awesome sentence start) that the amount of available metal is fine.
    When I compare the unit counts in mid alpha with the unit counts I can reach now (yey PA Stats :D) they actually don't look that different anymore. At first after the amount of mex had reduced the amount of units I could produce but through refinement of how to eco up by now I actually have games where I get close to 1k units within 20 minutes which is not that far away from before the change. (depends a LOT on who I play against obviously ;))

So I think the only issue is that currently the starting spots are completely unbalanced and often ruin random games, but that's an issue Uber is quite aware of and I am sure we will see a fix for it not too far into the future.
    stuart98 likes this.
  17. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

I get him.

He's saying that there shouldn't be metal spots. You should be able to build metal extractors everywhere, so you can build your metal extractors in the safety of your own base.

Which of course is a terrible idea because there is literally no reason to engage in any warfare whatsoever, if that is the case.
    Terrasque, stuart98 and popededi like this.
  18. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Oh right I completely forget that THAT early in alpha we actually placed mex on mex spots only because it looked better. xD
    stuart98 and stormingkiwi like this.
  19. kalherine

kalherine Active Member

I really agreed ,indeed with this kind planets we wont reclaim half off all metal without other easy ways to get it....
    I prefer like it was before ....
    Im sure all notice on live replays that half mexes no one get them..

Or at least we showld have the 2 options ,with 1 option been moore expensive and with lower income mass when build the mexe only basic at any where on map.

And other when build on the placed mex ,we recive the right income with bonus iff is a t2 mexes(advanced mexes)

There are a lot spawns mexes that , or are buged or you cant reatch them...
    Last edited: November 25, 2013
  20. popededi

popededi Well-Known Member

Don't forget, broken metal spots is a bug in a beta version, and is bound to be fixed in the final product.

Other than that, I think being able to build mexes anywhere completely defeats the point of having two resources, as they become identical.

Removing it will take tons of strategic options out of play methinks.
    stuart98 likes this.