Beta Build: 57449

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, November 22, 2013.

1. kk56

kk56 New Member

Hey. PA crashes whenever I try to load it. Run it on Windows 7.
  2. Vernam7

Vernam7 Member

13.11 is not stable last time i check, i don't like installing beta drivers :p
  3. maxpowerz

maxpowerz Post Master General

It's the WHQL certified driver you should be fine, the other 30-50 people i have gotten to install it have had no issue :) and the 100's of others already using haven't seemed to have come on here and complained about the beta drivers crashing.
    But it's entirely upto you.
    The ATI openGL support in your current driver sucks so you will get glitches, that driver your using sucked on my system too i use the beta driver and its very stable my end (ATI HD 6870),
    Only fix is bite the bullet and install the driver or suffer with the glitch.
  4. Vernam7

Vernam7 Member

the 13.11 actually is whql for the 280 and 290 sries, it doenst provide any new updates to my GPU driver, and becaues i installed it it said so the same think ;-)

and the issue still exists ;-)
  5. geopirate

geopirate New Member

FYI (since no one actually answered this) Thanksgiving is usually the last Thursday of November, so this year it is November 28.
    stormingkiwi and Quitch like this.
  6. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

Oh wait I forgot to say this

Max - Americans get less annual leave than us, and (As of 2011) less sick leave. This is compared to NZ. So as I was lead to believe, many Americans keep some annual leave for when they are sick.

They actually have a similar number of stat days. But the minimum number of paid annual leave days in NZ/Australia is 20 days. Which does not include stat days. In the US, it is zero days by law.

The companies that do offer it have something like 10 days as being fairly standard. And of course, an American wants to keep those days for Christmas/Thanksgiving.

But there is no obligation for employers to offer any paid annual leave at all.

The USA kind of screws over employees. There's no federal requirement to offer sick leave either.
    Quitch likes this.
  7. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

Oh wow I did not know the situation was this bad in America.
    In Germany we get at least 24 days of vacation by law (paid). If you are sick and you have an attestion from a doctor you are not even allowed to work because of insurance reasons.
  8. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Of all the Western world, the USA is the last place I would want to live.
    cola_colin, drz1 and stormingkiwi like this.
  9. glinkot

glinkot Active Member

I played the alpha really regularly, and had only played a game or two since. Just got into a good match and the server dropped. Hoped that would be a rare thing now.
  10. liltbrockie

liltbrockie Active Member

It's rare for me .... in fact unheard of as of about 5 builds ago.
    thetrophysystem and Quitch like this.
  11. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I do think the tutorial, if it must be a video for time and material constraints sake, should probably let new players who never even seen TA/SC before and have possibly only played starcraft or c&c know that this game lets you build out indefinitely.

They need to know pretty much one thing. Commander, build power and mex, then factory, then two handfuls of fabricator units. Each pair goes to a farther out metal spots, repeat step 1 (technically step 2 I guess, whatever).

That is what they need to know. They need to know to not stop doing that until when they send another unit out their base it is instantly killed by the wall of enemy whom has built up to your edge as well.
  12. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

It's not so bad, also consider USA as a different jurisdiction each state.

I live in Texas. Depending on job, lower end jobs usually works holidays (service jobs never seem to sleep anymore), but you get time and a half. Which since those jobs pay suck, it really helps with holiday cash. Better paying jobs usually let you off holidays and might even give you paid day off. Then again, they pay enough for the day off to be sufficient enough. Depends if your working security or Walmart, or if your working oil or chemical plant or fabrication.
    drz1 likes this.
  13. popededi

popededi Well-Known Member

I'm just gonna shut up and enjoy my 20 days+8bank holidays I get in the UK. And I have ~20 lieu days a year from all the overtime I do.
    drz1 likes this.
  14. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Sounds like lots of people will go to work even though they are sick, results in more people getting sick, results in less workpower for the employer.
    The US Government and US Laws make me want to ... oh well on quite a regular basis.
    Nothing against the individual american though. They might be nice people and all. Whenever there is news about the US election I am reminded that they have only the choice between complete fanatical weirdos and what they have now.
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  15. popededi

popededi Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's pretty much what happens in my home country, where they simply fire you for bullshit reasons if you take sick leave to which you have a right, so it's a no win unless you're lucky with your employer.
  16. stormingkiwi

Exactly.

My first minimum wage job, at the supermarket, if I was working part time or full time, entitled me to days off and sick leave.

They may let me off holidays. But if I work, they pay me time in a half also. And they also have to give me the paid day off at a later date.

That's minimum wage. Better paid jobs just give you more perks.
  17. commodorenarwhal

commodorenarwhal Member

Guys, off topic much?
  18. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

If there's one thing I've learned, it's that discussing politics and religion are the two best ways to cause upset.

Take it from a reformed political activist - it's more time and stress than it's worth.
  19. stormingkiwi

Bro. Basically the whole thread is about why we give thanks that we live in
    Never talk about those over dinner. Isn't that the well known advice?
  20. bryanjclark

bryanjclark New Member

Tried to play a game last night with my brother, and we ran into a nasty bug with the online servers - thought I'd share it here.

We first joined an 8-person game, but as it was hosted in Australia (and we're in Seattle), the connection was poor, so we left - the connection was bad enough that the planets weren't rendering onscreen.

After leaving that game, we created a 2-person game, hosted in the USA. However, the app kept crashing on both of our machines - and when PA resumed, it would offer to reconnect us to our match - but on reconnecting, we were being sent to the older Australia game. Our newer game was lost.

We tried restarting PA, rebooting our machines - nothing. As long as that original match was open, we couldn't get a new game started and running more than 5-10 minutes without crashing.

Anyways - I know it's a beta and all, but wanted to report the bug. Cheers!

FWIW, we're both on MacBook Pros.