2 months to release and the game feels like pre-alpha and is a letdown. Please delay the release.

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by larse, October 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qwerty3w

qwerty3w Active Member

This thread is a lich, it won't die until Uber destoryed its phylactery.
  2. maxpowerz

maxpowerz Post Master General

LOL
  3. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

Can we just lock threads that get to more than 500 entries? Because as some user pointed out in one of the first pages of the thread, it isn't exactly a great thing to come to the forums and see this on the front page?

//Idiot. You shouldn't have bumped it then//
  4. thepilot

thepilot Well-Known Member

I agree, this thread must be closed and a new one called "Only one month to release and the game feels like pre-alpha and is a letdown. Please delay the release." should be opened :)
    cola_colin likes this.
  5. thepilot

thepilot Well-Known Member

Yes, we have a mod doing that in FAF, that will eventually be included in the codebase.

The only drawback is that playing with people on the other side of the world create some freezes. Exactly what you can experience by playing on the PA asian server from Europe.
  6. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

*inserts generic insult meme*
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  7. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

.. Lovely sarcasm, lovely maturity shown.
    It could just be renamed - should PA be delayed?
  8. melhem19

melhem19 Active Member

I don't agree with extending the release date
  9. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

I can't understand the attitude here.

The game looks stunning, the play is far from simple, and uber are well on their way with the stretch goals.

Yes there's still plenty to do, but look at what they've done already. As far as I can tell the main gripes people have is-

The game isn't ta

The game isn't sup com fa

The game isn't spring

The art style has progressed from the kickstarter pre visualisation.

I have played and still play all the above games. PA isn't meant to replace them. Its a new game with its own mechanics and style.

I think the artwork in game is better than I'd hoped for.

There are areas that need work- the ui needs expanding. The unit roster needs fleshing out. Performance needs improving and there are still stretch goals to add in.

No one had confirmed the actual release date so this discussion is moot however I think that uber have moved mountains to get to where we are this quickly so they may surprise us. Also I'm confident if it needs it they will delay release a little.

Either way I think we should cut them some slack and think twice about the negative comments of 'this isn't sup com fa so it sucks' as frankly thats not helpful to anyone.
    snierke, melhem19, Nayzablade and 2 others like this.
  10. kalherine

kalherine Active Member

Just forget the delay ,PLanetary anhilation its really coming out on December.
    And i totaly agreed now with that.
    Its time to release the game good choice,we already got all this game need to be good.

Launch later just will coincide with other versions released,with PS4 -Xbox One and other good pc games, probably will not be good financially.

For an economic question, is really important that you leave this game in December.
    Fixes will come later with patches,must be no time to wait.

Capturar.PNG
    Last edited: November 24, 2013
  11. popededi

popededi Well-Known Member

I'm personally in favour of delaying, but purely because I'd like to see the game receiving good reviews upon release, which is essential to it's marketability to a wider audience. In order for that to happen, it needs to feel like a proper finished product.

Uber did an excellent job so far, I already love the game, I'm just afraid that the remaining time is not enough to implement all the expected functionality that is yet to be added, up to the expected standard, in the allotted time frame.

That said, I still don't know how far ahead is their internal version compared to what they release for wide scale beta testing.
  12. KNight

KNight Post Master General

I hope you're not using that article as a basis for anything, first off it's from September(during the second half of the Alpha) and second it in no way prevents Uber from delaying the release if they choose to. Companies do delays all the time even after they've given an exact date, nevermind just a Release Window like Uber has.

Mike
  13. kalherine

kalherine Active Member

Do you have understand anithing that i have said?

Im say that because some one importante here told me that.
    Its really obvius that from September! Its says there!
    That picture(is it so hard understood)its just an exemple off my thought!

The fact Uber havent say nothing about delay well ,its just you guys speculate for a possible delay.

You saying (I hope you're not using that article as a basis for anything) honastly dont now what you are say,but really also not care.

Is it any problem for you, i agreed with Uber that released on December its a good decision?

Look relax its just my thought,you guys are getting strange and too mutch stress with thoughts.

I dont now wy but seems you, and other person are taking my comments too mutch personaly,since you 2 are always the same make coments like that to me.

But its k,i just dont remenber me doing the same but i think its diferent cultures.
    Last edited: November 24, 2013
  14. popededi

popededi Well-Known Member

Mike was just trying to point out that an article written by a third party is not necessarily a trusty information source on how things will turn out.

I'm guessing they're getting their info in the same place all of us are, from the bits of info coming from Dev team members here and there, and what was published on steam and the website. We'll see what happens :)

About the different cultures thing: might be true, there are quite big differences in how members of different cultures communicate, so on international forums like this one everyone needs a big bucket of extra patience sometimes towards each other. :)
    stormingkiwi and LavaSnake like this.
  15. KNight

KNight Post Master General

That and the fact that Uber can easily change thier plans aren't are in no way forced to release in December just because a 3 month old third party Article said it would.

Mike
    MrTBSC and popededi like this.
  16. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Especially if Valve can be 12 years late and still sell TF2 like it's a cult.
  17. qwerty3w

qwerty3w Active Member

The only reason we might get a delay is the money from the pre-release sales.
    Don't know how much flexibility it could provide. Like Garat said, game development is really expensive.
    kalherine likes this.
  18. melhem19

melhem19 Active Member

So what changed in the game since this article pop out?
  19. arsene

arsene Active Member

I really hope that the developers aren't trying to recreate Total Annihilation with better graphics, because that game is still in existence and I want something different. I hope they understand that the type of fan that would actually back a kickstarter with 100+$ is more likely to simply want the developers to recreate their favorite nostalgic game and is not representative of the more mainstream audience that's supposed to be playing the game.

I'd rather have a game with actual "planetary annihilation" (i.e. interplanetary warfare) instead of "TA w/ two-three battlefields". The scale on which TA operates is not suited to the former game, it needs to be slightly expanded for it to work.
  20. warrenkc

warrenkc Active Member

Not really the same. If someone has a slow connection but the server is fine the only the computer with the slow or bad connection will have the lag. (Like European playing on Asian server)
    PA is not using P2P networking.
    Raevn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.