ZaphodX's PA videos - updated daily

Discussion in 'Videos And Replays!' started by zaphodx, July 17, 2013.

1. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Yeah, after dicking around with settings for ages I'm just decided, screw it, I'm using low until a lot more optimisations are in.
  2. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

3. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

I can't say I notice that much difference, visually, between the settings, given that you spend a lot of your time looking only at simplistic strategic icons...Plus I've always been about performance over looks. WWEEEYYYYY.....
  4. Quitch

Yeah T2 bombers are beast.
  5. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Almost too beast. I feel like making a Nerf T2 Bombers thread just to see what everyone thinks about them......health seems too high imho.

:)
  6. Quitch

I think that's a problem, yes, but the bigger issue is how good they are against mobile targets. T2 bombers solve every problem, and the previous tier provides you the perfect means to protect your T2 bombers. He who has the bigger air force: wins.
  7. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Yeah they are quite strong. their dps radius needs to be halved. However not such a bad thing as the leveller ant wars were getting a little boring for me anyhows. will more than likely be fixed for next weekends awesome patch.
  8. Quitch

Having just finished watching your Twitch stream, I'm wondering if I wrote off T1 bombers too quick. They're neat little raiders, but I really hate bomber micro. It sucked in TA and here it is in PA, sucking in almost exactly the same way.

No idea how you cope with your camera like that though. I always find I lose track of where the enemy was, so I've had to go pole lock, but it does make it harder to manage the full map. Argh!

Simply removing the ability to micro bombers may go some way towards nerfing the T2 ones.
  9. chronosoul

chronosoul Well-Known Member

The bigger problem is the T2 bomber is basically a more useful T1 bomber.

I would much prefer if its role was changed a little more to be more then just a bigger T1 bomber.
  10. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

If you removed AOE on T2 bombers (or decreased AOE on T2 bombers), then they would become much less useful at attacking large armies, and much more useful at attacking buildings/singular targets. Whereas T1 bombers are kind of cheap enough to spam out to attack armies.

That idea was of course complete crap. If you do that, then t2 bombers are hopeless against massed t2 armies, and T1 bombers are hopeless against massed t2 armies with some air defence.

Of course - what impact would the "gunship" have on this?

That warm fuzzy moment when @liquius uses one of your favourite opening build orders
    Last edited: November 24, 2013
  11. davorien

davorien New Member

It was Zaphod's videos that made me buy this game. I had no idea what I was doing, just winging it off what I saw in his video's and TA from when I was a kid. I actually drew my first game, a FFA by Asteroiding the main planet. How do you get your commander off when they are impacting? I just couldn't get his lander to leave orbit...

Anyway, I'd love to play in one of Zaphod's games, how do I find you man?!
    mishtakashi likes this.
  12. zaphodx

A little before impact tell your astraeus to land on the incoming atseroid.

http://irc.lc/esper/planetaryannihilation
  13. zaphodx

14. Quitch

Zaphod's video in less than a minute:

I want to go aggressive I don't give a ****, I want to steamroller someone.

****. Oh ****. Oh I'm fucked. I'm so fucked. ****.

I need to turtle.

Let me just scout this guy.. he hasn't even expanded here. Are you ******* serious? OH HE'S DEAD, HE'S *******... *Zaphod climaxes*

Oh you don't know who you're ******* with, son. He's dead. HE'S ******* DEAD!

*a whole lot of nothing happens, though orbital threatens to become interesting but is ruined by the pacing and the fact that 99% of the game units become irrelevant*

Yes... yes.. yessssssss *Zaphod climaxes again*

My personal favourite moment? When Zaphod confuses pink and red and decides pink killed red, even though he killed red himself. Actually, that's a lie, my favourite moment is Zaphod congratulating himself on winning just a little prematurely

Another great moment: constant talk about the threat of Idra, attacking Idra, how he needs to be careful about Idra, how he's glad he didn't attack Idra. Then, finally, he notices that Idra has been annihilated. About ten minutes after it happened (and 15 after he disconnected). Perhaps you should have used the scout now button :)

Note for Zaphod: the commander being attacked has a different alert sound to everything else, it uses a triple beep.

BTW, do you really need to build tier 1 MEX under tier 2 if it wasn't already there? Really? I thought it was just a graphical thing.
    stormingkiwi, zaphodx and popededi like this.
  15. zaphodx

You don't have to but you get 25% extra eco from it.
    Quitch likes this.
  16. kongkillha

kongkillha Member

What? If you overbuild a t1 mex will still give you metal?
  17. Quitch

I hope that's going to die a death or they're going to update the strategic icons. More the former.
  18. liquius

liquius Well-Known Member

Yes.

Advanced metal extractors don't remove basic metal extractors and basic metal extractors don't remove advanced metal extractors. To make the most of this you should build both basic and advanced metal extractors.
    kongkillha likes this.
  19. chronosoul

The T2 Bomber can be a better Base bomber or a better Unit bomber. Just not a bomber that does exactly everything a T1 bomber does.

A gunship can be used to supplement a ground force or attack a side of the base that is undefended.
  20. chronosoul

The Unit that is stuck at the center of the screen of a planet that doesn't look like its in orbit is actually an orbital unit that is currently being constructed. Can relay this small hint to the masses.

Not sure if its working as intended or a bug though...