Beta Build: 57449

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, November 22, 2013.

1. maxpowerz

maxpowerz Post Master General

If your using Mac OSX 10.9 , that's gatekeeper trying to save you from malware.

Right click the application
    Choose open
    You'll be presented with a dialogue box where you can then open the application.
  2. stormossa

stormossa New Member

Works like a charm now, thanks! Recently updated to 10.9, so hadn't seen that error before. Much appreciated.
    maxpowerz likes this.
  3. popededi

popededi Well-Known Member

Where do I apply for a visa?
  4. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Ah, I overslept :p. Notes coming soon. The only change outside the exe is the addition of the tutorial video.

We're on a planet. IN SPACE. :D
    Last edited: November 22, 2013
    maxpowerz likes this.
  5. Arachnis

Arachnis Well-Known Member

If playing on big planets, then it's still lagging for me as soon as I have built an advanced satellite.
    Especially if it's in the lategame and there are a lot of units. Idk, but I think the size of the planet is what has the most effect on my performance. Early- till midgame everything is fine and dandy.

Edit: I'm playing on highest settings, though.
  6. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

Are you trying to tell us something? *cough*cough*Megabot*cough*cough*
  7. maxpowerz

Units are still individually rendered , this will improve when unit instancing is used instead. it will lower cpu/gpu load on the mass of unit renderings
    stormingkiwi and Arachnis like this.
  8. imlp

imlp New Member

I just came in here to congratutale you guys on this latest patch. Don't know what you guys did but keep it up.

As a game developer I was concerned that it is less than a month and a half from launch and I was barely able to get 20 fps out of the game. No matter what the settings, OS or power of the machine. Today I was able to play in a huge 4 planet system (4 planets, 2 scale 4's) vs AI at a smooth 60 fps. Just two days ago I had given up on testing it.

Again, MASSIVE props to you guys.
    drz1 likes this.
  9. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

No.. this was just a tiny build - more of a hotfix than a "full" build. Most of our builds usually include more changes. This one didn't. :) Just more feature work, tuning, etc. If there's anything REALLY big.. I sure ain't gonna spill the beans ahead of time. That'd spoil the surprise!
  10. paulusss

paulusss Active Member

I hate you Garat and love you at the same time, intriguing!
    thetrophysystem, LavaSnake and garat like this.
  11. yrrep

yrrep Member

Maybe it's just me but it seems the tutorial advertises T2 (or whatever you want to call it) as exactly what it wasn't supposed to be.

Here the transcript of what I'm referring to:
    This portrays T2 not as a strategic option but as an upgrade necessary to compete. To be fair, this is what the game is all about at the moment and thus might be justifiable for a tutorial at this point.

Still, I was under the impression that we wanted to avoid exactly that kind of T2 and I don't see it coming about. I'm a bit troubled by that, still trying to keep my hopes up though.
    YourLocalMadSci and cwarner7264 like this.
  12. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Well I don't think a tutorial talking about a game which doesn't exist would be very useful.
    popededi likes this.
  13. Vernam7

Vernam7 Member

texture (if i call it properly) or rendering problem when scrolling around with mouse in screen edges before selecting a starting location.

[​IMG]

i am on latest drivers.
    my specs are in my signature.

also when scrolling around with mouse ad edge, the camera can get crazy, and i see the rotation of the other planets or i get very crazy angles that cause similar texture problems.

the general feel of the game is still a bit "choppy" in this build, i am waiting for the performance and the responsiveness to reach at the end of this project the sc2 levels, so that it can be playable with many APM.
  14. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

I do not believe that Advanced Fabricators do not build quicker than basic fabricators. They build at three times the rate of metal, they use 1/3 the amount of energy.

They are built faster than 3 basic fabricators are, but are more expensive than 3 basic fabricators. So if you build with 2 advanced fabricators vs 1 adv.fab+ 3 basic, your build rate, energy and metal drain is exactly the same. I think that this is somewhat misleading.

Of course, 2 advanced fabricators take 54 seconds to build, whereas 1 adv. fab + 3 basic take 45 seconds.

You can argue that unit to unit, there is less build rate. But for the same amount of metal invested you get the same amount of build rate out of T1 fabbers, + some extra.

The italicised text is true. The only way to make that not true is make them have the same construction options as T1 fabs, but be more efficient.

The T2 combat units vs T1 combat units - that's fine for every unit, with the exception of the bomber. Every other T2 unit excels at destroying singular targets with lots of health, but is less effective at dealing with multiple units with a low amount of health, to the extent that 2 T2 levellers and 1 Leveller, 6 ants take about the same time to kill each other.

It's not true to say that t2 combat units replace t1 combat units, because you can do that, but a player with a composite of both is as combat effective as you are.

Economy is another story.
  15. maxpowerz

can you post your DXDiag.txt as an attachment here. i will see if i can find your issue.
    [​IMG]
  16. idsan

idsan Member

I've run into a consistent crash bug when creating a solar system; I create three different planets, but when attempting to preview the third one the game bails out. Running Winx64 on AMD hardware (X1100T CPU, Firepro v5900, drivers all up to date).

Anyone else experiencing system creation issues?
  17. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

How much RAM do you have available for PA?
  18. maxpowerz

can you post your DXDiag.txt as an attachment here. i will see if i can find your issue.
    [​IMG]
  19. Vernam7

Vernam7 Member

1st off let me explain that this is happening under specif camera angles and edge movement! not always!
    but its easy to find the location and cause that "nice effect" :p

here is my dxdiag as requested

Attached Files:

20. maxpowerz