Beta Build: 57449

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, November 22, 2013.

1. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Date: November 22nd, 2013

Just a reminder: Currently, everyone has access to all commanders. You will not have permanent access to all of them once we have systems in place for that. Never fear, we will continue to have quite a few commanders to select from!

There is a known issue while accessing settings during a live game. Depending on the solar system and your computer, and connection, this can result in a very long delay to rebuild the system before you can play again. We recommend not changing settings during a live game for now. We will be fixing this, but it is an easily avoidable problem, so in the interim, avoid doing this!

Windows Versions: Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 (64 & 32 bit)

Mac OS/X: 10.7, 10.8 & 10.9

Beta Build: 57449
    • This is primarily a stability build. We have a bigger feature build we're working hard on. Our plan is next week, before the US Thanksgiving holiday! What's better than too much food and large scale robot war?
    • Fixes a frequent client crash we've been seeing this week. If you're getting a crash on startup, this should help. Please make sure your drivers are up to date! If you're on a laptop, consider getting the latest beta drivers from AMD or NVidia for your device.
    • A new tutorial video! Gives a little more detail on getting started. There's a known issue of it playing at 320p, rather than full resolution. We're looking into it.
    Last edited: November 22, 2013
    stormingkiwi, PrinceAAwe and Arachnis like this.
  2. Arachnis

Arachnis Well-Known Member

I can somehow guess what will be in there. Can't wait :)
  3. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I wonder how long it is until we see substantial improvements of the UI. I am burning to see more of this new UI rework thing I read about a while ago.
    stormingkiwi and cwarner7264 like this.
  4. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

We germans don't even know when thanksgiving is :D
    stormingkiwi, drz1 and Quitch like this.
  5. cola_colin

or what it really is
  6. rabidfrog

rabidfrog Member

Nor do I, and I'm English.
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  7. maxpowerz

maxpowerz Post Master General

Aussies are the same, what is thanks-giving? is it some kind of pre-christmas holiday or something?
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  8. stevenrs11

stevenrs11 Active Member

Its a day when Americans celebrate the fact that the original settlers to NA didn't starve to death by eating lots of delicious food. Its a good holiday.
    stormingkiwi, drz1 and maxpowerz like this.
  9. maxpowerz

I know its "Thanks for Giving" us Planetary Annihilation, the american's love PA so much they made uber a special holiday!!

lol
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  10. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

I had mine in October, Yay for Canadian modders!
    stormingkiwi, Methlodis and imlp like this.
  11. Arachnis

Arachnis Well-Known Member

So that's what it was all about. :cool:
    But when is it, if I may ask?
  12. cola_colin

well wikipedia can answer such questions, it seems in germany we know a similar event as "Erntedankfest" which translates into "celebration thanks for the harvest". It's not a holiday though and I have don't even know if it has a specific date.
  13. maxpowerz

When does america get its long holidays?
    In aus we get our long holidays over the christmas period (6 week holiday)
    Is it mid year in america during the summer period? or does america get the long holidays now during winter?
  14. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

We don't have any long holidays in the US, at least not in the non-school sense.

Our general holidays are: January 1st, Memorial Day in May, 4th of July, Labor Day in September, Thanksgiving (usually Thursday and Friday, depending on the company), and the 25th of December (sometimes teh 24th), and some companies, like us, shut down for the week of Christmas for a short winter holiday.

There are some others as well, though whether they're a national day off or simply a "bank holiday" - banks, schools and government offices only typically - there's not many.
    maxpowerz likes this.
  15. maxpowerz

Aussie's r slackers .lol
    We have more holidays than working days i swear .lol
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  16. maxpowerz

In max's little world the holidays start on January the 1st and end on December the 31st.
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  17. Ortikon

Ortikon Active Member

Same in Canada, so many long weekends haha. Sometimes I just wanna get my damn work done but labour laws require my company to pay overtime for being in the office. So im not allowed to go in even if I wanted to do it for free just to catch up on stuff.
    maxpowerz likes this.
  18. maxpowerz

Same here in aus, i have to pay time and a half on holidays and double time in certain circumstances.
    I try to avoid letting people work holidays, i usually take the work myself so it's cheaper on the company budget.
    I can pay myself whatever .. lol (The inherent joys of being the boss)
  19. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

No! It's....
    ...well, yeah, nowadays, that really is all it is. I have to work that holiday because "Black Friday" sales start on "Thanksgiving". Americans really have poor priorities and have managed to screw this holiday up. Such a really bad shame.

It is no surprise why I am Buddhist. People trample store employees and little children for a discount on entertainment devices. Way to celebrate Jesus's birthday.
    RainbowDashPwny and maxpowerz like this.
  20. stormossa

stormossa New Member

Cant open the latest version of the game, my computer says the file comes from an "unknown publisher/developer"(may not be the actual expression, am swedish so just translated it word by word), and refuses to open the file.

I play on Mac.

What to do?
    sophast likes this.