So what's the coolest part of PA you like or cant wait for.

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by bladevampire, November 22, 2013.

1. bladevampire

bladevampire New Member

I personally love how the game looks, I love the quirky look of the units. Especially the commander that has a thin flat vertical head. I was playing a game on an ice planet our primary color was black. The quirky waddle just made me laugh, made me think of a penguin. Plus can't wait for the scale of this game to increase even more to the galaxy size.
    drz1 likes this.
  2. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

except for some missing units/buildings/unittypes, extras and the obvious balance and optimisation all of the mainfeatures i hoped for are in ... so consider me pleased so far ...
  3. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

LavaSnake and drz1 like this.
  4. tbacav

tbacav Member

Boneyards 2.0 :p
  5. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

yup, galactic war, death stars and proper interplanetary play are my three big want right now
  6. heyiisrandom

heyiisrandom New Member

for now, unit cannon and more orbital, after the game is done galactic war, no question 40 v 40 epic planet smashing action

but, and I know this is a bit unrealistic, a campaign would be awesome, and yes I know they don't plan on it at the moment because of the $$ but long term... after the game is multi-platinum..... and .. and money isn't a problem... maybe ..... .... ... please
  7. Gunman006

Gunman006 Member

I have to agree with more orbital with unit cannon and whatever else interplantery invasion awesomeness Uber will create. The game is awesome as it is now on 1-2 planet maps.

When interplanetary warfare becomes fun I hope we will see possibility to have different and random starting planets.
  8. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Inter-planetary war. I'm worried in that it sounds waaaaaaay too deep in the tree, if it remains T3 and relies on flying moons around then it's never going to get used, or it's going to get used after a tedious 20 minutes of passively watching things build.
  9. Gunman006

Gunman006 Member

From what they have said you don't have to start at different planets, if you prefer faster games you could start on several planets with opposing teams on each. For 1v1 though I could see it go slow if you start at different planets, but then wouldn't it just be better to just start at the same planet and get over it?
  10. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

It's not fast or slow, it's passive vs. active. If I have to shift moons around that means engines, so there's this period where nothing is happening. Then if my invade fails do they need to come onto my moon, destroy my engines and then build their own to shift it?

I hope to God not because that would be ******* boring as hell.

If the unit can only be built on a moon as has been suggested before that will be a disaster because you can make moons pretty much impregnable.

I don't want the game to be divided into "take this planet" and then "take different planet" because that's not inter-planetary war, that's just map progression. There should be a reason, and the ability, to be active on multiple planets. Building tons of engines and T3 structures to make it happen will ensure it become a very slow, very one planet at a time, feature.

EDIT: I'm hoping the redesigned system will be awesome, I just don't want it to boil down to roll up your planet then move on to the next one.
    Last edited: November 22, 2013
  11. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

I agree quitch we want interplanetary war & right now orbital to me is the most boring part of the game...I mainly play scale 2to 3 just to avoid it..
  12. Culverin

Culverin Post Master General

Take a guess.

*hint* look at my sig. :p
  13. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

My game key.;)
    LavaSnake likes this.
  14. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

Annihilation on a planetary scale!!
  15. bladevampire

bladevampire New Member

?

Wait did you ACTUALLY get the game to run on two different screens and show different parts of the map?

How did you do that!?!?!? My friend has been wanting to do that for awhile! Kinda like me waiting to get a secondary 32in TV for a comp screen, and a second GPU. Cause then I'm just gonna have a bomb computer lol ^.^

Also I like idea of having shortcuts to the planets on the left of the screen, and units on the right. Reminds me of Sins of a Solar Empire. I'm assuming you got that idea from that, or whoever made that picture. I preferably like to call this game the ultimate hybrid of Supreme Commander, Total Annihilation, and Sins of a Solar Empire.
  16. Culverin

Culverin Post Master General

Are you talking about the mock-up?
    Those are just concept shots I assembled based on the community suggestions.

We've all got ants in our pants and can't sit still.
    I know quite a few of us are really psyched to see the upcoming UI revamp.
  17. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

Galactic war, new UI, and new units like the gate and unit cannon are my current can't-wait-for-it-to-be-finished features.
  18. gunshin

gunshin Well-Known Member