Please Read: New and Old PA Players Alike

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by garat, November 20, 2013.

1. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

If you're new here, or you've been around a while, it seems like a good time to remind everyone on what's acceptable behavior here.

First, read this: https://forums.uberent.com/threads/forum-rules-and-guidelines.444/

Ultimately, there's only one rule in that which matters. Don't be a ****. If you are incapable of doing that, please do everyone a favor and don't post.

A recap on do's and don'ts.

Do:
    - Discuss, as much as you want, any relevant topics about the game. If you want offtopic, please just take it our unrelated/offtopic forum.
    - Argue (politely)
    - Criticize: designs, direction, etc. Part of the point of this forum and having an active community is to make the game better. Just be polite about it. If someone disagrees with you, argue the points, but DO NOT ATTACK THEM PERSONALLY.
    - Enjoy yourself. It's a game, people. Have fun.
    - If someone is breaking our rules, simply report them, and move on. DO NOT ENGAGE THEM.

Don't:
    - Ever attack people (also known as an ad hominem attack for those who don't know how to use google)
    - Forget that you're talking to real life people, even if you dislike them or disagree with them.
    - Threaten, abuse, stalk, cyber-stalk, or otherwise go off the deep end simply because someone said something you disagree with.

Generally, we try and just warn people about bad behavior. But there are no "three strikes and your out" rules. If you act like a jerk, and post 10 posts in a single thread showing that you are clearly not an adult who can speak with grownup words, you will be gone.

I realize that we set a higher standard than most internet forums. Because we'd like to keep this a place where we, the developers, actually enjoy coming to talk to players. That does not mean you need to blow sunshine up our robots. You just need to provide your criticism, or praise, in a manner that is respectful. If you can't do that, quite simply, this is not the forum for you.
  2. guzwaatensen

guzwaatensen Active Member

I'm always polite...
    Last edited: November 20, 2013
    garat likes this.
  3. garat

I have NO idea what you're talking about. /whistlesinnocently
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  4. Arachnis

Arachnis Well-Known Member

Thanks for reminding me. I try to always be constructive, but sometimes it just gets to me.
    I'll be more careful from now on.
    drz1 and stormingkiwi like this.
  5. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

6. centralsrutinizer

centralsrutinizer New Member

Any old TA players in here??
    gadarn likes this.
  7. garat

A lot, yes. :)
    gadarn and archcommander like this.
  8. centralsrutinizer

Well that is awesome! Hopefully I can see some of the old guys I use to play with like Rock, Mr Freeze, Old Geezer, H0TR0D, Thelmus ect
  9. maxpowerz

maxpowerz Post Master General

Most of the dedicated forum members on the Planetary Annihilation forum are TA or SupCom fans.
    If you still play TA, have a look for TA3D ,,, it is an engine that turns TA into a Full 3D RTS ..
    I'll post screenshots later.. its AWESOME
  10. centralsrutinizer

I have not played TA in a while but played in non stop from when it came out until most of the ladders either died or no one else was coming on the servers.
    maxpowerz likes this.
  11. maxpowerz

maxpowerz Post Master General

I never really played online, but i played LAN non-stop.
    I still have TA installed on 4 pc's here and my friends and i usually still bash it once or twice a month for a few solid hours, then go on to racing or something.
  12. centralsrutinizer

The competition that was on those ladders and servers was pretty damn awesome.
  13. snierke

snierke Active Member

This one could be a funny reminder to encourage all the trolls out there to behave ;-) I do miss the accreditaion though, anyone knows who made this?

Trolls forgetting reality.jpg
    mrqasq, drz1 and archcommander like this.
  14. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Someone's diddled with the text on that one. The original caption said something like "Give me your lunch money or I'll hack your computer" or something similar.
  15. snierke

snierke Active Member

Oh, didnt know. Both funny texts ;)
  16. tricky84

tricky84 New Member

Yes... !
  17. Z3K0N15

Z3K0N15 Active Member

haha yep,day one alpha :p
  18. ikickasss

ikickasss Active Member

+1 agreed
  19. justjokin

justjokin New Member

I've still got my old Cave Dog t-shirt too!