ZaphodX's PA videos - updated daily

Discussion in 'Videos And Replays!' started by zaphodx, July 17, 2013.

1. Manwolf

Manwolf Member

well to be fair, they (game #121) decided that no nukes should be used, thats why there were no nukes 40mins into the game, and thats why zaphox was the only one using them, sort of neglecting the decision of the other player a little...
    ps: so far i really liked your videos zaphod, but in this one you come across fairly arrogant...calling everyone names and stuff because you dont agree...isnt that a little one sided? I found the trash talk with sergio quite amusing, given how depressed he seemed after his first loss...
    but what if your team mate really played his/her first online match ever, being lucky to get to play with you... is it fair calling the team player a complete idiot (although i have to agree with you that he wasn't exactly useful...) and all the others too, because they stuck to what they agreed to before the match?
    no hard feelings man, besides the fact that you cry out LOL and GG like they are real words... i dunno, i'm a different generation i guess ;) but born in '82 i dont know anyone using those "words" in a "real conversation/monologue" or game without being called an idiot oneself...
    so i guess one shouldn't throw stones sitting in a glass house, no? ;)
    keep uploading though, I'll keep watching and learning...!
    pps: i know in the heat of the game things slip out...but still...be the bigger man, ey?
    popededi and FSN1977 like this.
  2. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

If the team mate was completely new, chat is a good thing to do. You know. Team communication. Otherwise you have to assume that you know what you're doing, that you're team mate knows what they are doing, and you shouldn't second guess the orders they give to units.

In any case, there was a breakdown of communications. It's one of those times where you need to get on chat and ask for a brief game plan.
  3. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

Legit first timer who pwned:

I didn't notice the no nukes clause, that's why I was wondering why I hadn't been nuked. You also can't make a rule when the game has already started and all people haven't agreed to it. I would have had enough t2 bombers to snipe him anyway if I hadn't invested in a nuke.

I'm not gonna lie I can act like a petulant 12 year old CoD kid. Start playing some games with random public games and you'll realise how annoying it is when you get sabotaged hard by people screwing your eco, and sending your forces to their death. I'm not making excuses, I acted like a **** and just had no videos to put up.
  4. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

As you yourself said in that video, you suspected he was a SUPCOM player, which provides an immediate leg up in understand this game, its build method and its economy.
  5. pengul

pengul New Member

just dont play this random-team games

i really dont understand why most pa-players prefer team matches.
    When im looking for open games, there are 5 teamgames and 1 ffa.
    Last edited: November 20, 2013
    stormingkiwi and Quitch like this.
  6. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Because (a) they are fun* and (b) you have someone else to blame when you lose ;)

* if you can actually communicate with your teammate
  7. liquius

liquius Well-Known Member

FFAs are often dull. It changes the way the game is played. It may not always be best to attack. This can turn games into a stagnant stalemate.

People are scared of 1v1s. They force you to admit that your play style doesn't work or your just not that good. However for people wanting to improve 1v1s are the way to go.

Team games don't have any of the negatives. There isn't as much pressure and if you lose you share the blame, or you can blame your team.
    stormingkiwi, pengul and Quitch like this.
  8. Quitch

Personally, I prefer team games, but not shared resource team games. I find 1v1 to be overly stressful :)
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  9. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

Yes, I am very much looking forward to the addition of the team mode that lets you have your own stuff (allies?). I generally enjoy games more if they have a co-op element.
  10. masterofroflness

masterofroflness Well-Known Member

God Zaphodx1 your Pa thread is a cesspool. You need to get better plumbing, maybe some curtains to match the marble flooring. I like what you did with your roof but the fireplace needs a bit a of remolding.
  11. Quitch

I also think that once inter-planetary is working it will be more useful, and more interesting, in team games than in 1v1.
    stormingkiwi and drz1 like this.
  12. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Can you imagine trying to manage three planets, all attacking/producing/under attack??

Would be a night mare lol. Heck, I did this earlier this week. Wasn't nearly as efficient as I could have been.

Still, one player per planet makes things go fast.
    stormingkiwi and drz1 like this.
  13. Manwolf

Manwolf Member

I do play random matches, and get my butt smacked alot, but since i dont know anyone of my friends who has the game or a good enough land line connection, I'm pretty much stuck with that i guess... alot to learn from it, and yes, alot of annoyances with team mates sometimes...but usually some major lags are just killing my mood.
    @zaphodx: dude dont worry, self-awareness is the first step to improvement :)
    your next vid with roflness was MUCH better - although I'm not a fan great fan of sergius squeekyness, but i guess thats personal preferance... that dude is so shrill, he might be even hungarian ;) (just kidding)
    keep it up mate, for a "noob" youre doing fine ;)
  14. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

gonna have a lot of those starcraft players that think they know it all ;)
  15. zaphodx

I hope you guys enjoy this one as much as I did!

#123 POV vs Rofl - Naval Air and Land wars

16. zaphodx

17. Quitch

I'm not cheating, Zaphod says, while blatantly cheating. Yes, it might not be knowledge you used against Destiny, but it was knowledge you used against a different player who for some reason wasn't entitled to a fair experience like Destiny was... because?

Clearly cheating.

Updating to the latest version of chat color mod will fix your chat problem.
    popededi likes this.
  18. zaphodx

19. Quitch

In the 10 way FFA yesterday where you, U.N.Owen and some other chap (playing red) had three huge bases, and Destiny got killed because he doesn't recognise the commander alert sound (not that he was going to win :)), who ended up winning that? I wish I'd been watching from anyone else's perspective because it was setting up to be pretty epic, though Owen looked liked he had the edge on that planet (though trapped between you and red) and you had the best setup on the second planet.
  20. zaphodx

Owen did very well but he was trapped between me and red, I took out Black on the 2nd planet and than nuked red and had enough air to counter his air. won't go up on my channel because I was stuck on 5 fps for a lot of it. Turned my settings right down again and my FPS has doubled to acceptable levels.
    Quitch likes this.