Annoying end game!

Discussion in 'Support!' started by liltbrockie, November 17, 2013.

1. liltbrockie

liltbrockie Active Member

So I just played a long long game that ended up with the other teams 2 commanders flying around the sun to infinity.... no way to kill them called it a draw... annoying though!
  2. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Yup, Orbital and Interplanetary stuff is still very very rough at the moment.

Mike
  3. TastySanchez

TastySanchez New Member

I had the same endgame too recently. We just need more options to invade a planet. An orbital transport would be nice that can launch tanks form orbit or land and open its cargo doors.

Also interplanetary cannons :)... or nukes
  4. Slamz

Slamz Well-Known Member

This usually happens if the system has orbital bodies too close to each other: a moon too close to a planet or a planet too close to the sun. You won't be able to enter orbit of the too-close planetary body and you'll end up stuck in space forever.

If you made that system, edit it and spread the orbits out a bit more.
    thetrophysystem likes this.
  5. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

This is true.

Also, as far as gameplay goes, it isn't so bad when the orbital is worked on and all the units are added, and technically there should be no way to keep a commander bouncing back and forth in orbit by release.
  6. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

I suggest fortifying a planet and not moving your cmdr from then on, to avoid accidental bugs. :)

On another note, metal planets suck at small sizes. Also, unit cannons (for attacks from planet -> orbiting bodies only, not cross system; they dont have rockets after all) will be a great addition and hopefully help a ton with the interplanetary war stuff. Additionally, the new orbiting paths that the devs said they were going to add with the orbital update (whenever that is) should fix the *this planet is too close* problem.

I really am excited for that orbital update. It'll take the game from *ooohh a modern TA with some cool features that noone uses* too *HOLY JESUS! BOTS IIIINNNNN SPAAAAACEEE*

:D
    thetrophysystem likes this.
  7. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

[​IMG]
    mered4 likes this.