Game performance

Discussion in 'Support!' started by rick104547, November 14, 2013.

1. rick104547

rick104547 Member

Still not seeing improvements in fps after last patch. Getting 20 at most with graphics at lowest and resolution set at 50%.

Is this game ever gonna get 60 fps constant?...
  2. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

Are you people ever gonna stop complaining? The game is still in beta for a reason. The Hardware optimization process for the game hasnt even started yet. They are doing the best they can.
  3. rick104547

rick104547 Member

I just find it strange that my gaming rig cant play this game. Its not early beta anymore and the release is pretty close already. Iam worried about this because at this rate reviewers will shoot this game down ASAP. Which pretty much means not much ppl will be playing the game.
  4. liltbrockie

liltbrockie Active Member

Performance is fine for me what are your specs?
  5. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

Anecdotal evidence suggests performance is WILDLY variable between rigs at the moment. Presumably, by launch, PA will be satisfactorily optimised for most gaming rigs.
  6. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Ouch, I feel sorry for you. Your PC needs some serious software optimization. Mines a garbage laptop-tablet that I have optimized to a T. Works fine here. :)
    Lucky you. 20FPS ish here, as an in-game window and res set to 75%
  7. rick104547

rick104547 Member

Ye but i cant optimize PA uber has to do that. Should run more than fine on this:
    i5 760 @3.8ghz
    HD7970 @ 1100ghz, powertune +20%
    16GB DDR3 1600mhz CL9
    128GB SSD
  8. eukanuba

eukanuba Well-Known Member

Your PC has better specs than mine in every respect but my performance is better than yours. Are you playing on really big planets? Do you have lots of programs set to autoload when Windows starts?
  9. liltbrockie

Yeah make sure everything is off in windows and try and small system with one planet and make it small... still issues?
  10. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

[EDIT:] NEVERMIND. Page didn't update and my question had been answered.
  11. rick104547

rick104547 Member

Doesnt help its only this game that doesnt run good. Even star citizen gets more fps on ultra...

Guess a size 2 moon is pretty small
  12. liltbrockie

dunno.. try reinstalling?
  13. warrenkc

warrenkc Active Member

Man, I have a cheap new card the HD 7750 and it works just fine and has since day one. (But I keep Windows running well)
  14. Terrasque

Terrasque Member

15. rick104547

rick104547 Member

Here is my dxdiag

Attached Files:

16. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Check your drivers (kinda duh)
    Run a defrag on your drives. Run an anitmalware scanner like Malwarebytes to check for things eating at your PC.

CCleaner is a great tool that can get your registry cleaned up, and also help manage your start up programs so your PC starts faster and runs smoother. Etc, etc.

If you still have problems after that, then you can safely say its PAs fault. :D
  17. Terrasque

Terrasque Member

Hmm.. Everything seem to be okay. You got a high resolution tho, maybe higher than the ones running it smoothly.

Which drive is PA installed on? Do you launch it via steam or uber launcher? Also, have you looked at this thread?

Edit: I also see you have Dxtory installed. Are you running that when the game runs? If so, any difference without?
  18. eukanuba

eukanuba Well-Known Member

I just realised that my processor is in fact better than the OP's. Damn these confusing numbering systems that get used these days.

According to CPUbenchmark.net, http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Core+i5+760+%40+2.80GHz']your CPU[/URL] scores 3870 CPUMark points at stock speed (maybe add 500-1000 on for your 1Ghz OCing, not sure how the scale works?), and http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Core+i5-2500K+%40+3.30GHz']mine[/URL] scores 6370 CPUMark points at stock speed (I'm OCing by 500Mhz).

So it seems most likely that your bottleneck is your CPU, but as I've demonstrated I'm no expert. :)
  19. rick104547

rick104547 Member

CPUbenchmarks arent a good way to measure cpu power as intel and amd optimize their cpu's to get high scores on those benchmarks. Pretty sure my i5 760 @3.8ghz (~36% increase over stock speeds) is pretty much the same as a 2500k at stock.

Anyway my if my cpu is the bottleneck then it needs to be atleast 3-4 times faster to get a consistent 60 fps. This is impossible even with a 4770k. Maybe with a extreme watercooled overclock :p.

EDIT: my cpu scores 5501 but like i said this doesnt tell us that much about realworld performance. Testing performance with programs and games is a much better way because it tells us the actual performance. What i find strange here is that my rig plays all my other games perfectly fine except PA. This is including the old supcoms, spring (all mods run fine even with huge epic armies), all total war games, crysis 1, 2 and 3 etc. Yet it cant run this game with decent fps even with lowest settings.
    Last edited: November 15, 2013
  20. Terrasque

Terrasque Member