UBER are awesome.

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by eroticburrito, November 12, 2013.

1. eroticburrito

eroticburrito Post Master General

I pre-ordered the Combat Edition ($40) which does not include Beta access, and have been waiting patiently for many months.
    https://store.uberent.com/Store/PreOrder?titleId=4

Aaand if I'd waited, I could have bought Beta - right now - for the same price ($40) on Humble Bundle:
    https://www.humblebundle.com/store

Which kind of leaves me asking why I bought PA so far in advance.

I understand Humble Bundle are a good cause - but if I'd known this 24hr sale were happening, I'd have waited and be installing the game right now, instead of in December.

TL;DR for backing earlier I get access later than somebody who could pay the same price today.

Edit: For anybody wondering why I don't fork out the extra $20, I'm a student.

Edit 2: For those below pointing out that the Humble Bundle is now $50: The '24 hr sale' I mentioned above reduced Beta Access to $40, and (as 24 hours have elapsed since I posted this) it has finished...

Edit 3:
    Thank you UBER!
    https://forums.uberent.com/threads/youre-in-come-smash-some-planets-with-us-backers.53885/
    Last edited: November 20, 2013
    popededi and stormingkiwi like this.
  2. maxpowerz

maxpowerz Post Master General

Maybe if enough people vote on it, uber may give $40 backers late beta access.
    I will point this idea out to a dev and see what the uber team thinks of it, it could be a reasonable compromise for the situation at hand.
    :)
    Maybe someone with a $40 backers package should post a poll too see what the community thinks of the idea.

Sorry for the typo's im touchscreen typing.
    Last edited: November 12, 2013
    LavaSnake, eroticburrito and yoshd like this.
  3. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Putting it for 40$ there was not the best idea I guess. Should have made it 50$.
    Well it happened, so let's not get crazy about it.
  4. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

You did agree to pay $40 for the game come release. You will get the game when it is released. You also got to hang out on the forums for many months, a theta commander and other goodies that go along with it. It is unfortunate but thats how things go.
  5. chronosoul

chronosoul Well-Known Member

It happens man :(.

Right now the game is in a closed beta. It can be opened up in an open beta eventually.

I know plenty of times I buy games on steam for $60 to learn that it is on sale for $0.05 with 10 new games bundled with it.
  6. mrpause

mrpause New Member

I agree, this could make some people angry.

I'm happy to have bought alpha access !
    Bastilean likes this.
  7. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

This. Isn't humble bundle usually like always at a discount?

I mean like it was said, doing it at 45 or higher would have been smart. But hiding behind the charity umbrella would be a pretty solid argument here. Just like any other games that go for very very cheap on the humble bundle when their prices are much higher.

Generally, what happened with alpha was prices lowered half way torward the end. If that happened, then beta anyway should go down to like 50-45 in December. Either way...
  8. liquius

liquius Well-Known Member

Some people seem to be missing the point. This isn't about buying the game and then seeing the price cut a day later. The problem is that people who backed the kickstarter with $40 don't have access to the game yet.

If they had not done Uber the favor of backing the kickstarter, they could be playing the game right now. Instead they have to wait while other people who payed the same price and at less risk get to enjoy beta access.

If I backed on kickstarter for $40 I would feel cheated. I think the only way Uber can make this right is to give beta access to everyone who backed $40+. Ignoring this gives the impression that Uber is a company with the attitude of "Now that I have your money, you can f off".

Sorry if I come across as a ****, but I don't think it helps PA/Uber if they alienate the backers.
    eroticburrito likes this.
  9. zurginator

zurginator Member

This exactly. If $40 backers had access to the beta, this would be a "sucks, get over it" type situation. The problem is they don't have access.
  10. Murcanic

Murcanic Well-Known Member

I paid 40 for beta in the kickstarter and i in no way feel cheated not only have I been able to play beta this whole time since the beta launch but also i've been able to bring ideas to the fourms and meet some other great players and joined a clan xD my $40 had more value then there $40 will and hell even to those that paid 60 to get into beta on steam do they regret being able to play beta this whole time? being able to put forward their ideas on the fourms and such also the more money uber can get before their launch means the better game everyone here gets so all in all if you had not heard about this humble deal you would not be upset it would just be a small % increase in the number of beta players when the full game is released :p
  11. liquius

liquius Well-Known Member

Sorry I got a little muddled up. I forgot you could get the beta for $40 while the kickstarter was active (it was $60 later). I missed that bit of information.

After the kickstarter ended, you could preorder the game for $40. You didn't get the beta for that. So the people who preorded the game for $40 could have waited and got access to the game earlier. They are the only people who lose out.

I overacted with bad information. Oops.
  12. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

I can emphasize with people but they made a decision and their going to have to accept that choice as well as Uber. Hey look on the bright side they donate some money to charity and the player base grows.;):D
    LavaSnake likes this.
  13. Klauth

Klauth New Member

Well, for me who bought the retail access too at 40 $, it's was the same thing. Until I saw the conversion eur/usd was 1:1 in Humble Store. So for me, 39,99 euro (53 usd) it was more expansive to take it from Humble than Uber Store
    I don't know for what I should be jaded; the usual conversion eur/usd or the missed alternative.
    So, I take it with philosophy.
    Last edited: November 13, 2013
  14. spazzdla

spazzdla Active Member

IMO they should of allowed you guys to upgrade for like $5-10.. Perhaps Uber will still roll with that ideaa?
  15. Ortikon

Ortikon Active Member

It's unfortunate but I think kickstarting a project is about wanting it to see it get made. I payed $90 to play an unfinished alpha that got released as late alpha for $70 to see it develop, and get access to a beta that is now available for $40.
    When the gas prices drop two blocks down the road from where I got it, all I can do is say "aaah, well crap" and drive on.
    I do agree that the $40 folks should maybe get a late beta access at some point.
  16. siefer101

siefer101 Active Member

the humble bundle price is 49.99$ not 40$
  17. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Really? Because two posts now claim it's 40.

If this is true, then man do people love startin fights. I now understand why every white dot randomly tries to kill me in reaction or just plain hunt me down to kill me whenever I am playing GTA5.
  18. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

Wow, fail. I can't believe people sometimes most of the time.
  19. slywynsam

slywynsam Active Member

It looked like 49$ to me on the humble bundle site.
  20. siefer101

siefer101 Active Member

Yeah... I'm correct. it is 49.99$

Attached Files: