Check this Trailer Out

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by pivo187, November 13, 2013.

1. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

Just came across this PA trailer & noticed a lot of diff things. First around 37sec you can see large canyons big ledges & moutains like in the desert biome concept. Also, at 45sec you can see how fluid & fast the units look & move. Currently these things are missing. The game is choppy & laggy but yet the video says alpha gameplay? Lol in a rush but here it is:
    Last edited: November 13, 2013
  2. shotforce13

shotforce13 Well-Known Member

3. chronosoul

chronosoul Well-Known Member

What trailer are you referring to? Can you provide the youtube link? *Ninjaed*

Trailers in general are never a good example of gameplay for any game, or movie, or whatever. They Sample the highlights and make them shine with a little post processing to clean up the images. I'm not sure if you made this thread to address the issue of the game being slower then Alpha or that beta seems slower then this trailer that you mention.

You have to remember that each beta/Alpha/gamma build is like a jenga building... each build pokes some blocks out while adding layers on top... sometimes it gets more stable sometimes it completely breaks the darn thing. Developers then have to find the bugs(put the blocks back in) and then send it out to the community to see if there is any blocks they might of missed. Currently alot of back end stuff is getting added into the game and it could slow down performance but I bet if you wait a little bit you will have better performance soon.
    spazzdla, lokiCML and LavaSnake like this.
  4. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

can I please use this quote as my holy cross to all the PA KS video vampire croonies on the forum? :)

I would never diss the birth of christ, it's just that there are alot of doctrinists
  5. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

Which trailer?
  6. tatsujb

he can't post links. they are removed from the posts of newcomers automatically.
    though you can bypass this same way as bad words, by putting a space inside.
    which the OP probably didn't know about.
  7. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Unless he did 129 posts today, he isn't new.
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  8. maxpowerz

maxpowerz Post Master General

The game trailers you watched are most probably the Kickstarter video's.
    They have "Gameplay Visualization" written on the bottom of the video.
    That means its what the developers want to achive, not what the game is actually going to be.
    The developers are aiming at making the game like the trailer but with extra things from the community's suggestions too.
    So the game is at this point an always evolving version of the original vision :)
  9. tatsujb

lol, missed that.

but no! I'm certain he did 129 posts today!! lol
    stuart98 likes this.
  10. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

Ninja'd
    He should have sufficient number of posts? Besides:
    :confused:

Yeah, if he's talking about the pitch video that's not a trailer. Only there to show the overall direction there were going for and sell people on the concept.
    Last edited: November 13, 2013
  11. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

He's talking about the alpha trailer AFAIK. Alpha had more terrain features, but they were removed (due to bugs I'm guessing?)
  12. rorschachphoenix

rorschachphoenix Active Member

What's the point here? Alpha was better than beta?
  13. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

Seems so Stuart98...Even now the cracks in planets & the metal planet are buggy...
  14. Nayzablade

Nayzablade Active Member

Planet curvature in the video is much less then what we currently have, making for a much bigger planet. i would imagine that some of the bigger terrain features would look and feel much better once we can start making humongous worlds without crashing the computer. This will open up the way for more strategic elements like chokepoints, asteroids damaging part of a planet instead of total destruction, and building much bigger ground armies.

Sorry for the wall of text ;)
  15. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

Nayzablade that sounds coool! Hopefully its def in the game...
  16. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

The game is in beta dude.

They're working hard on improving the biomes and graphics.

Same goes for performance. They're working hard on improving performance. Things will get better.
  17. schuesseled192

schuesseled192 Active Member

That is quite obviously artificially sped up.
  18. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

It most likely is but my point is will the final game run like that? I miss the fast paced gameplay speed of ta. I had the most fun playing 20n2 sup com battles bc the gameplay was very fast.
  19. Culverin

Culverin Post Master General

terrain 01.jpg

terrain 02.jpg

Drool Rainbows HD.png
    tatsujb likes this.
  20. doud

doud Well-Known Member

This.