The MNCup Tournament

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by groundcontrol, November 3, 2013.

1. leov1993

leov1993 Post Master General

True, but Chron and Miracle weren't even on the list so seems like it's not on a first come first server basis unfortunately
    naka333 likes this.
  2. groundcontrol

groundcontrol Member

The list kinda went out the window once we decided to say **** it to getting into a party and drafting at once. But still it would be nice for the players that wanted to play to have priority.
  3. groundcontrol

groundcontrol Member

On another note captains get your **** together you need team names.
  4. leov1993

leov1993 Post Master General

It'd be nice, but i guess as you young folk say, "f*** feedle" :D
    naka333 likes this.
  5. teapot

teapot Post Master General

While that would be nice, we have just struggeled with each draft tournament. The others had two to three times the amount of people sign up.

I think there were 8 captains and I was a 4th round pick lol.

I mean maybe we have a better chance with a tighter knit group of players, but the overall interest has just gone down in the last month.

Even in previous drafts we had included 2-3 subs per team but were still unable to organize matches. Different time zones combined with different interest levels and we never move past first round. Some got drafted onto teams with other players they disliked.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to try again, but I think this is our best shot. Two of my players would have most likely not entered if they weren't on my team, and it wouldn't leave many options available to me to balance classes.

It would be nice to see others try to incorporate newer players, but again it's hard to find new players who are willing to learn and be dedicated enough to play. I think the teams are decently balanced
  6. groundcontrol

groundcontrol Member

The circumstances this time around weren't ideal but I still think getting into a party would be ideal if this goes smooth enough. The interest seems to be there and several people are actually putting forth effort to make this work. I haven't seen the forums this active since I use to lurk them back when I originally got this game in 2011.

It would also be really nice to get more players active in the forums themselves. I know there are many that lurk the forums but never post even if they actively play MNC. But these are just my thoughts at least this seems to be progressing along and the tourney is having the effect I wanted it to have being a re-sparked interest in this game for some players and of course having fun times.
  7. teapot

As far as a replacement, that's tough. Mr try hards a good assassin so it might not be easy to have someone else fill his shoes.

My whole thoughts on the tournament was I was going to either sign up on the draft, or captain and pick my own team trying with a mix of what I felt were underrated players. I hoped in getting Chron's support so he could help me mold the new guys.

I didn't plan on miracle and actually reached out to older players first. I didn't here from Chaos, don't think Gorgamon plays anymore, but the gunner I was hoping for was zatchmo.

Maybe skill should list some replacements and we get to vote? Just throwing out random ideas. I'm also on my phone so the formatting maybe off and it takes a while to type.
  8. groundcontrol

groundcontrol Member

I have no problem with the formatting I am abysmal at writing coherent sentences which is strange cause I read books like a mother fucker and according to everyone it should improve your writing skills, but that isn't the case for me. Most likely I believe tryhard would be playing sniper because scratchy will mainly playing sin if I had to take a guess. Either way I think SabreW would be the strongest replacement he subbed for us on sniper when we beat WTS and his main class is assassin. Just my 2 cents.
  9. teapot

If it goes well I'd like to do another one. However unless we get some sort of exposure there most likely wont be an influx of new people. My idea involves around each of the 4 teams competing for a charity. Winner has that prize money donated to charity. While I think everyone here wants to keep that money, I think marketing this for charity would bring in the most viewers. I'm hoping to contact various personalities and see if they could help promoting and what not.

I know I'm getting ahead of myself here, but I would really like for this to happen in the future.
  10. groundcontrol

groundcontrol Member

I wouldn't want to win any money personally. Playing in the tournament should be more than enough incentive to get better in itself. As for the charity idea I definitely like the idea as a extra kicker for people to want to win but the money shouldn't go to the players. If i were to want a prize I would want like a signed shirt or some memorabilia from uber.
  11. 2wynbge

2wynbge Member

As much as I'd like to play, if it's an Assassin or Tank that needs replacing you should probably go with someone else. On US hosts I'm usually not given the luxury of things such as sprint, grapples or anything more than a 2ft lunge, and on tank my charge usually goes nowhere, rail gun / flame gun doesn't register and changing weapons is a pain in the arse. Assault I'd need to touch up on since it's by far my least played class but for sniper/gunner/support I'm golden.
  12. purp1escratchy

purp1escratchy New Member

Ignore
  13. dudeman2les

dudeman2les New Member

I most definitely support the charity idea, and I think there is a substantial possibility that we could have one. Holding one for this tournament may be a bit ambitious, but for the next one? Completely doable, as long as we put in the effort.

If this tournament does become a reoccurring event, then next time –or this time, if this never precipitates until December (hopefully not!)– you can count me in.
  14. notgunked

notgunked Active Member

Miracle propposed a New team and it was something like

Miracle
    Me
    Feedle
    Jake630
    ApatheticWrath
    Zatchmo

We have not talked to Apathetic, feedle or Jake though so they may or may not want to. Pretty sure Zatch would say yes though
  15. groundcontrol

groundcontrol Member

I have no opposition to this if teapot is fine having miracle snatched from him and shammas is fine editing his round robin thread to include a extra team.
  16. motherfknskill

motherfknskill Member

Lets be honest, I could pick up one of my locals and still win.. just sayin
  17. xshammas

xshammas Well-Known Member

I'll do it when I get off work. Posting is hard with a phone.
  18. theludichristian

theludichristian Member

Leave it all to Sham, to make you all go ham.
  19. teapot

I mean, I don't mind of miracle and gunned form a team but this is a big waste of my time trying to organize stuff if people aren't going to commit or take the initiative to make the team.

It's been a week at least and you guys right now have 4 maybes. And your only yes apparently said yes to me. So I really don't mind as long as you guys get your **** together.

I asked zatchmo to play gunner for me two-three days ago but haven't heard anything.

I'm gonna ask Chron to talk to miracle and get a definitive answer.
  20. theludichristian

theludichristian Member

Don't take my last post, or I'll rhyme so hard you'll facepalm. Harder.