The MNCup Tournament

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by groundcontrol, November 3, 2013.

1. teapot

teapot Post Master General

there we go gunked that's the kind of initiative we need to keep this going.
  2. xshammas

xshammas Well-Known Member

If we all just put in a little time and effort, we can make this a monthly thing. And hopefully we can grow this to 8 teams eventually.
  3. teapot

If another one happens in the future and the teams are more evenly split I will attempt to create a new team. I have two-three older casual players who I play battlefield with that are down to play for fun.

I would absolutely love to have an AM tourney with 1-2 experienced players, and 4-5 new players. I know that it's going to be impossible to work out, but it would at least be somewhat of a breathe of fresh air.

edit: I'm just too amped. I'm hoping this works out. It should now that wildman isn't a part of it ;) I've been talking to chron about various things and we got into the last scrims with H&S vs WTS. I never posted about it here but a couple months back I was watching from shammas' POV and found something interesting. In the first game before we drop their ball we get something like 11 or 12 un-contested kills trapping them in their base. I'm looking forward to trying to organize pushes again since private matches rarely contain any. I'm tired of overtime, or obtaining map control and having bots sneak in our base.
    Last edited: November 12, 2013
  4. teapot

What do you guys think would be a good way as to get more people interested in watching/playing this game? A tournament is the perfect setting to get people accustomed to competitive play, but I doubt that this will get exposure. I would love to have some matches streamed on twitch, and possibly get viewers there. I know it's a dead game, but awesomenauts pulled in like 1,000 people watching their tournament, which isn't as entertaining to watch in my opinion.

So what can we do? Prize money would be cool, even if it wasn't much, but I doubt it would create and real incentive for players to learn the game and make teams unless it was a very large sum of money. Exposure wise, I've seen various tournaments and games that I wouldn't normally see on twitch because they're streaming for charity.

I'd put up some cash for it and ask uber to match. The real risk here is these never seem to pan out for us.
  5. xshammas

Start slow and just have these for now. This is entirely in our hands. I'll be streaming and uploading all my matches, my subs seem to be primarily MNC based.
    We need to display maturity and professionalism if we're to make this successful. It's easy if we all show up and pitch in. Let's get something going.
  6. teapot

I guess I'm just worried that this will be it. However, CoD, BF4, and GTA all dropped already yet we still have some interest.

If this does get off the ground and we are able to hold 2nd one, I'll put up some money for charity. I don't want to pay any of you fuckers if you win. What I will do is allow teams to choose a charity, and donate the money to that charity. I figure that's the best way to get some exposure or viewers on stream.

edit: i'd also ask for shoutouts/support from various personalities that have some of a fan base. Getting TotalBiscuit to give us a shout would be pretty big. I tweeted a few people from Uber just to see their interest on the next one if this one goes smoothly
  7. notgunked

notgunked Active Member

cant tell if that was sarcasm but thanks i like to think i do a lot for such a troll community.
  8. teapot

I love reading every comment in your voice.

Where's some of the older people? Chollo? Bkitko? Can the troll powers come together and form a team?
  9. motherfknskill

motherfknskill Member

its funny how some people are still considerd "good"

there is a reason i picked a bunch of no names again. lol
  10. notgunked

notgunked Active Member

Morgan Freeman is my inspiration and Chollo plays LoL and Bkitko doesn't play games but i wouldn't consider them troll. What is troll is if players appear offline while people are trying to organize events. Very troll
  11. motherfknskill

motherfknskill Member

My team can play thursday at any given time
  12. teapot

the last sentence was not a good troll attempt. D+
  13. notgunked

notgunked Active Member

Wasnt even trying Kappa
  14. purplescratchy

purplescratchy Well-Known Member

Ignore this, one of my fanboys makin an alt.
  15. xshammas

Let's not get ahead of ourselves Teapot. We need to show people there's something here before we expand, and that means we need everyone to step up.
  16. leov1993

leov1993 Post Master General

I'd put up some cash for next one.
    And my only free weekend this month is this coming weekend, and Sunday the 24th at night. So yeah, hopefully we can get this going by saturday
    naka333 likes this.
  17. groundycontrol

groundycontrol New Member

LTES GET TIHS GIONG SMOTIME TIHS WEEK.
  18. xshammas

It would be great if Uber could mod someone like Teapot to help clean up our forum as well.
  19. teapot

I'll find out my teams schedule. Jurisdiction seems frequent, Gxmbit is most likely on the least.
  20. xshammas