Beta Build: 56821

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, November 12, 2013.

1. lordmd

lordmd Member

Not working anymore since new build. I event tried to verify files and tried both versions - normal launcher and Steam. pa.exe crashes shortly after starting. To be honest I haven't played that much in the past yet. But I always loaded each update and sometimes tried against AI a bit and I always have been able to at least get to the main menu.
  2. carn1x

carn1x Active Member

Is it me or does the AI ignore metal spots with a mex corpse? Seems like an easy way to win early game is to rush them and hit their mex and their economy just grinds to a halt and they never really recover. I would happily avoid this "exploit" if their mex weren't one of the primary targets of any attack.
  3. warrenkc

warrenkc Active Member

Very nice! Love it. Coming along very nicely. Can't wait to see more units etc... It is very interesting playing against an ai, in part because of the lack of normal map constraints. Sphere FTW.
    pa 2013-11-12 18-49-30-80.jpg pa 2013-11-12 19-03-15-50.jpg
  4. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

Nice... Too bad midterm season just begun so I'm no longer able to play this game. :( Any ETA on orbital invasion? Currently It's still near impossible to assault a well defended planet without a moon/asteroid to smash and it's really hard to counter attack asteroids to deny that privilege.
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  5. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

Haven't tried this one yet (still at work). However, I noticed the HDR darkened some FX stuff (Shots fired, nanolathing, explosions..) too much, are there any fixes on this? Or planned?
  6. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

That's true - It's a bit of a common complaint all around - you shouldn't have to order your fabbers to reclaim stuff before building on it. So I'm hoping they integrate an auto-reclaim in, so that you can queue up a mex extractor and they automatically reclaim it and build a new one.

I think the AI just spreads out like a ripple in a pond. If you leave it to its own devices it will expand in a roughly circular pattern. Not away from or towards the player.

But considering it still doesn't have a strategic layer, it does a damn good job. I'm pretty sure the algorithm just builds stuff. Nukes areas with heavy amounts of units. Sends its units to attack economic targets. Pretty sweet!

(I mean it doesn't counter your units, it doesn't counter your strategic goals, it doesn't really fight for map control. I'm kind of sorry for it - I always come and beat it up, and it always just takes the beating, and goes about minding its own business)
    Last edited: November 12, 2013
    websterx01 likes this.
  7. SXX

SXX Post Master General

I'm think you should attach screenshots when asking such things. There still can be number of situations where HDR doesn't work properly.

For my taste (+drivers +GPU) currently HDR in good state. :)
    But I'm still don't like what it's doing with the sun.
  8. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

Yes you are right, but I am still at work ;) I thought it was obvious what I was talking about.
  9. SXX

SXX Post Master General

I do understand what you talking about, but I guess it's totally possible that you seen or met some glitch which might be only present on your GPU/drivers.

Even when we talk about performance many people understand it in the different ways and when we talk about some gamma/brightness correction it's pretty hard to be sure that everybody talk about same behaviors. :)
  10. carn1x

carn1x Active Member

I would prefer the SupCom method which uses the corpse as a resource/build-time boost (if I recall correctly) when you build on top of it. Either way though, automation is the way forward :)
  11. stormingkiwi

I agree, that's the intuitive approach, especially considering both factions have the same tech.

You know you can complete opponents buildings right? For them? It's the default right click for your fabbers..

I think it should be resource boost (because if you reclaim first it is anyway)

But I don't think you should be able to complete opponents buildings and have them transfer to your control. There would be so many building steals (imagine stealing an opponents advanced factory in the middle of their base, or stealing an opponents T2 powergen)

That's why I think it should always be autoreclaim, then build on top. It counts both for corpses and for hostile mexes.
  12. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Another reason to make mex placeable on reclaim.

If they could make metal placement verify its locations as useable, they would really let you build on any metal spot ignoring terrain or anything except other active mexes themselves.

I would settle for being able to build any Mex on reclaim or destroyed structures, and t2 Mex on t1.
  13. carn1x

carn1x Active Member

Hmmm, good idea about the building on top of hostile mex, quite annoying when you set a build queue only for half of them to be ignored :)
  14. spazzdla

spazzdla Active Member

The dox is amazingly pathetic at landing at hit on a land scout.. just an FYI.
  15. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

All the small stuff is hard to hit.

Had my commander fire a uber cannon into space tying to hit them.
  16. stormingkiwi

I think there is still a bug where dox can stand still and remain there forever with impunity. I just reclaim them now.
  17. masterdigital

masterdigital Uber Alumni

There are two LOD systems (one that has been in for a while but doesn't look very good and a new one that looks really good... but breaks on AMD). We integrated the new one right before we were about to patch and we had to disable it until we fix the issues.
  18. masterdigital

1) I am not sure the two color system is a good colorblind solution, but if I can't talk Steve into a better solution I'll add something back in.
    2) Try right clicking. Some ppl didn't like ctrl clicking.
    3) Not sure what is wrong with the camera. I'll look into it.
  19. masterdigital

Can you elaborate?
  20. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

A few people are havimg this issue.
    https://forums.uberent.com/threads/i-broke-it.53687/