AI with 9000 rate

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by spazzdla, November 11, 2013.

1. spazzdla

spazzdla Active Member

It won't attack me :(.... It had an army of oh it must of been 2k units but it would not launch them on the offensive :(. It just makes several massive balls of death lol.
  2. fraxtion

fraxtion Member

Yes, I've seen that too. When playing with multiple AI's, they do send them against eachother though.
    They do fire nukes at me.
    I think I vaguely remember reading about the AI detecting your defenses or something, but I'm not sure.
    I did have tons of pelters and holkins around my base, so maybe that's it.
  3. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

Probably has something to do with threat evaluation. I had watched an AI vs AI match and both massed huge armies and never attacked each other, but finished the game with nukes.
    (They did overrun me earlier that game though with ~500 ants)
  4. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

I think the AI requires a certain amount of interaction to get started - and interaction is based on proximity it seems. I had a game with 9 AIs that went for an hour, and only one of them got eliminated.

And I had a game with 2 AI where one AI absolutely gutted the others base. (Because both of them built defences down towards me)
  5. spazzdla

spazzdla Active Member

I was sending a constant stream of T1 bots at them.. :S. Hum.. I could of built bot factories closer though I was pretty far out, but within hopkins range.
  6. coldworks

coldworks New Member

Why didn't you set it OVER NINE THOUSAND!?
    Seriously, you really missed your chance there.
    brianpurkiss and stormingkiwi like this.
  7. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

Maybe... but the AI doesn't have strategic goals. It doesn't play to win. It seems like unit movement is pseudo random. After a while think it has too many units to know what to do with and opts to do nothing.

I just had a game where it had a deathball of about 400 units near my commander and my hemisphere of the planet was in ruins (I had 12 factories total, all of my units summed to about 140)

Result?

He stopped moving. Got eaten by pelters for a bit. Then nuked my nuke, hitting my commander also. I pulled everything I had back to the North pole, built an orbital launcher and sent out an SOS. He bombed me a couple of times, but didn't actually kill me.

After about 20 minutes of trying to escape I conceded the game due to lag (and my recording broke).

Checked out his base. In addition to the nearly 1000 units he had in the death ball, the entire southern pole of the planet was factories and units.
  8. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

I had a game where the AI had a deathball of ~300 units near another AI and chose to just sit them there. It was streaming them across both sides of the planet, they were passing near the other AI's base (while it was building an orbital!) and it did nothing with them. Eventually it switched its factories rally points to target another AI, leaving the ones waiting near the first AI to twiddle their thumbs and wait to be nuked. Left them there until my game crashed. :D