CoD: Ghosts

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by turbonerd, October 23, 2013.

1. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

I think a lot of the smaller, independent, and arguably more trustworthy review sites like Destructiod and Giant Bomb (if I say GB is good, Brad will like me <3) are pretty meh about it, while sites like IGN shown above are like WHOAH GREAT GAME TOO COMPLEX 420 YOLO
  2. teju__

teju__ Active Member

IGN seems to be hilarious. I should read their reviews more often.
  3. turbonerd

turbonerd Member

I don't get why you are ripping on it so badly, Kval. It obviously isn't revolutionary and it still has many of the same frustrations, but they did improve on a lot of things. The connection is way better, they toned down the killstreaks, maps aren't an annoying *** clusterfuck anymore and they took out a lot of the OP equipment/attachments. Also you shouldn't trust any review sites because the people that write those never go in depth about the game, I think the best way to determine if a game is good or bad is to watch YouTube videos of good knowledgeable gamers playing it.
    Last edited: November 6, 2013
  4. thebigpill

thebigpill Well-Known Member

who cares about all that stuff if the base gameplay is terrible...
  5. jbeetle

jbeetle Well-Known Member

the many many people who play the game/franchise, I imagine.
  6. thebigpill

Is CoD a great product? Yes.
    Is CoD a decent game? Hell no.
  7. jbeetle

I'm not into it myself, but not for the same reasons as you. That being said - whatever floats people's boats. I doubt the same people would be making a better game if they weren't filling their time making this one (obviously we'll never know that)
  8. thebigpill

Oh ye I'm not bashing anyone for playing and enjoying it. I'm just saying I find it a little weird shaliber cares about netcode and stuff when I find it impossible to take the game even remotely seriously. And netcode is a srs mode concern for me.
  9. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

It's the fact that for one, it's supposed to be a big Next-Gen title. It's supposed to be a huge leap forward in the same way the jump from Xbox to Xbox 360, PS2 to PS3 games were. Visually it looks AWFUL, even on those new consoles. Also, I've just never liked Call of Duty. I've never liked the gameplay, the visuals have always looked really ugly, and I hated having to go through school surrounded by people who'd sit next to me in maths and computing and talk about how every game was **** except CoD which was the best game ever.
  10. turbonerd

turbonerd Member

I care about that stuff since I play the game frequently. I am pretty sure anyone that plays a game a lot and enjoys it would be happy to see that game improve. I'm not saying CoD is the best game ever but it is definitely not as bad as people make it out to be. There is not one other shooter that has come out in the past 3 years that is better than CoD (remember I am talking about console only) imo. Battlefield is even more camper friendly than CoD and the new Gears of War and Halo games are ******* terrible because they tried to implement features similar to call of duty which ruined them.
  11. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Visually it looks awful judged by videos over the internet? Besides CoD's artstyle has always been brown and gloom.

You can't deny CoD games are of quality. There are lots of mediocre shooters out there.
  12. turbonerd

turbonerd Member

How do you expect them to make that huge jump if the xbox one and ps4 didn't even come out yet? We haven't seen the xbox one/ps4 version yet so we can't determine how good it is. I am talking about the 360 and ps3 version which have considerably worse graphics and don't have a 9v9 mode. I personally don't care about how a game looks graphic wise as long as the gameplay is good but if you do then i guess you are right, although I do want to point out that every other multiplayer FPS on xbox right now looks about the same so I don't understand what kind of graphics you are expecting. The last part you wrote about having to hear people talk about how great it is is pretty dumb since they are just expressing their opinion on games just like you are right now.
  13. JammySTB

JammySTB Well-Known Member

>Consoles
    >Shooters

why

From what I've heard, the graphics on the PC version are shite. I haven't looked into it because I don't really care.
  14. tehemopenguin

tehemopenguin Moderator Alumni

After all those "uugh they just copy/paste the last game" jokes, they may actually be right this time.
    BulletMagnet likes this.
  15. jbeetle

I feel like reusing assets is a pretty common game dev practice, though.
  16. thebigpill

Well it's a bit annoying to hear the cheerleading squad about how high their k/d's are. I always get the temptation to ask anyone I happen to overhear saying the word k/d to duel me in CPM, but everybody thinks I'm nerdy enough as it is.
  17. Orome

Orome Well-Known Member

So... when the new cod is comming out?
  18. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Odd. Name me one shooter franchise that was actually different with each new release? I thought so...
  19. thebigpill

Ever hear about this franchise called Monday Night Combat?
  20. jbeetle

would the move from any former TF game to TF2 count?