CoD: Ghosts

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by turbonerd, October 23, 2013.

1. turbonerd

turbonerd Member

Is anyone else getting it? Also what do you think about how it looks so far?
  2. poiuasd

poiuasd Well-Known Member

CoD 4 is still alive and well so there's no need to buy the newer ones. Plus it's an old game so the stereotypical cod kids have moved on from that long ago.
  3. turbonerd

turbonerd Member

The problem is that I play CoD on console so the majority of CoD4 lobbies have crazy hacks and mods. Plus I got bored of CoD4 awhile ago.
  4. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

"Next Gen" cod still looks visually the exact same as the last one.
  5. jbeetle

jbeetle Well-Known Member

The times I've played CoD they've always been on a console and I've always had fun. That being said, I don't seek to play them. They don't intrigue me.
  6. turbonerd

turbonerd Member

The new CoD games have a bunch of new killstreaks which IMO add unnecessary randomness. They also have worse maps than CoD4. I am excited about CoD:Ghosts though because it is gonna have dedicated servers, player hosted servers, and it looks like they are going with the mapdesign from the older CoD games.
  7. JammySTB

JammySTB Well-Known Member

Dedicated servers on consoles?
  8. turbonerd

turbonerd Member

Yea it will have dedicated servers on all platforms. It isn't really unique though seeing as both Battlefield and Gears of War have dedicated servers.
  9. poiuasd

Dedicated servers used to be the standard before most of the big studios started cheapskating by spamming P2P hosting everywhere.
  10. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

You know on Xbox (the original one) Dedicated Servers for the Online games were very common then. I guess somewhere along the lines they didn't think Consoles needed them.
  11. kvalheim

I think it was the point when Battlefield 3 console moved to dedicated, and nobody could ever get a half decent match ever again. Console players can't be trusted. Hell, PC players can't either. I don't want to download 5GB of addons to play TF2
  12. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

That makes no sense. "...nobody could ever get a half decent match ever again. Console players can't be trusted." I don't get what you are trying to say there?
  13. tehemopenguin

tehemopenguin Moderator Alumni

It'll probably be my PS4 launch shooter of choice. I admit I like the series. :p
  14. kvalheim

I was saying that the only example I could think of where a console game moved to dedicated servers it was ruined. I for one didn't play it, but watching my brother play there was a severe drop in game quality between "EA hosted" and "the patch where all the servers changed to dedicated"
  15. Stormie

Stormie Active Member

Im getting it for xbone, but only cause I won it in a competition. generally dislike the series. will probably play for a few weeks then trade
  16. poiuasd

CoD overly complex.

[​IMG]
    teju__ and thebigpill like this.
  17. kvalheim

Gee, a CoD game getting a high score once more on a review site, despite it being ugly as sin and repetitive NOFOOKINGWAY
  18. JammySTB

JammySTB Well-Known Member

Destructoid gave it 5/10.
  19. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

On metacritic, it's averaging mid 70s, which.. based on my past dealings with publishers, people at Activision are probably flipping the f out right now about that. (I haven't played it, I have no opinion, just was curious what the overall average score was looking like)
  20. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

Game is $45 right now on ebay thru Newegg. Xbox360/PS3/Wii U
    Get it while it lasts!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Call-of-Dut...5335869999&campid=5335869999&afepn=5335869999

Probably going to be my last or second to last Xbox360 physical purchase.

I wasn't going to get it, but I just saw this day 1 sale and jumped on the Xbox360 version. I miss the twitch shooty fun, plus I can pick it up and put it down in 15-30 min increments.

I need something to unplug my brain this weekend, because this Midterm week is going brutally. COD always does the trick, and with dedicated servers, less BS. Still not a fan of the one hit knife kill but w/e.

I never pay attention to the single player campaign. They probably should stop wasting so much time and money and just release a Multiplayer only game at a lower $30-40.

After I get bored of the game in 5-6 months I'll resell it probably for $30. So I like to think of it as a 6 month rental for $15. I never bother to buy the DLC. That way I feel less guilty about buying it every year.
    Last edited: November 6, 2013